Favourite ever player ( not just the best ever) | Page 5 | Vital Football

Favourite ever player ( not just the best ever)

Pretty average at punctuation and literacy along with football Mr Kernow.
Give it a rest, there is no need for calling fellow fans clueless and imbeciles, he is a Latics mon, save that shit for the lodgers when they come on here.
I think you owe Mr Sheldon an apology.

You are not only clueless you are an imbecile as well, you should have spent more times on the three R's instead of in your football dream world, what makes you think I give a toss about my past football ability compared to yours only a moron would their own perception of ability to a debate. If you want to know and I am openly honest about it I was pretty average as a football player.
Pretty average at punctuation and literacy along with football Mr Kernow.
Give it a rest, there is no need for calling fellow fans clueless and imbeciles, he is a Latics mon, save that shit for the lodgers when they come on here.
I think you owe Mr Sheldon an apology.

Gotta be Andy Liddell (can you beat the throw-ins?) and/or The Duke for me.

Bradshaw was one of my favourite players until they attempted Coup when Jewell was manager.

We were on holiday near Cadiz in Spain, we managed to find a dodgy stream on the internet which went down with a power cut just after Grigg's goal, despite texting every tic we knew nobody was replying, we fully expecting a city comeback and looking forward to sneaking a replay we would be home in time for, our daughter rang just after full time, the locals in the hotel bar we were in got a second dose of wild cheering and jumping up and down, we got some ever so strange looks yet nobody said anything, not much English spoken in that area unlike the costas.

Far too many for me to pick just one we have had so many true tics over the decades so I'm going for a player I just loved in the 70,s as a youngster. Mickey Worswick.

I've already chosen my favourite Johnny King but there are a few more up to date ones worthy of a mention in despatches.

James Maccarthur...unspectacular but superbly good.
The zog...loved him.
Henri Camera...belter.
Jason and Nathan...what a duo.
Liddell and Barlow...both excellent.
And then Hugo...not just as a player but as a man. Every opposition goal hurts like hell but after he had scored for Fulham the way that man conducted himself will live long with me...I have never seen the vast majority of the crowd rise and applaud any opposition player back to the half way line like I witnessed that day...quite extraordinary and will always remember that lad for it.