Favourite ever player ( not just the best ever) | Page 4 | Vital Football

Favourite ever player ( not just the best ever)

Bramble lacked awareness which meant he was a reactive defender. Always part of teams that lost heavily which says it all
There were no heavy defeats when we saw Bramble at his best under Steve Bruce, only the car crash defending coaching under Martinez - who got us relegated and lost his job at Everton because of his inability to organise a defence. Which DOES say it all.

There were no heavy defeats when we saw Bramble at his best under Steve Bruce, only the car crash defending coaching under Martinez - who got us relegated and lost his job at Everton because of his inability to organise a defence. Which DOES say it all.
And he passed his boring negative style to his protégé who has continued his bore fest at the DW, with the added inability to organise a midfield and attack along with the defence.

You've got to laugh, or else you'd cry. I always wondered why we seem to have stopped playing Tom Hark at matches.

If you think Bramble the best centre half we have had then that really does say it all. We have had at least 10 better than him

If you think Bramble the best centre half we have had then that really does say it all. We have had at least 10 better than him
Don’t think he’s saying Bramble was the best he’s saying under Bruce he was a good. Solid Centre back. As. Soon as. Booby wanted. Him to pass out from the back. He could play that way.

I quite liked Bramble in a funny sort of way, but he was way off the best CH we have had. He was solid under Bruce, and only made the occasional cock up.
Jackson, DeVos, DeZeeuw, Henchoz, Sharner, Alcaraz, & Burn would all rank above him in my view.

Good players over the years. Loads. I like players that get you off your feet and get you exited.

I would go with Ellington and Roberts. Pace and power
Strike partners. That’s what we don’t have nowadays

I quite liked Bramble in a funny sort of way, but he was way off the best CH we have had. He was solid under Bruce, and only made the occasional cock up.
Jackson, DeVos, DeZeeuw, Henchoz, Sharner, Alcaraz, & Burn would all rank above him in my view.
someone who speaks sense. It keeps the site relevant

And he passed his boring negative style to his protégé who has continued his bore fest at the DW, with the added inability to organise a midfield and attack along with the defence.
There were no heavy defeats under Bruce relate to having the best team we arguably ever had in the premier league. With the likes of Palacious and Cattermole etc protecting the centre half , Bramble was made to look steady but even then capable of the odd rickett

There were no heavy defeats under Bruce relate to having the best team we arguably ever had in the premier league. With the likes of Palacious and Cattermole etc protecting the centre half , Bramble was made to look steady but even then capable of the odd rickett
there is only you that has brought up Bramble's ability, as I said before and repeat look at the title of the thread and deny again that you are not clueless.

there is only you that has brought up Bramble's ability, as I said before and repeat look at the title of the thread and deny again that you are not clueless.
i am far from clueless. Far more knowledge about football than you will ever be. And from a distance a much better footballer than you will ever be or where. You sound like a sunday league player at best. Played with players you have only managed on championship manager. No doubt you picked Bramble at centre half. So yes i am denying i am clueless. Get back to.playing for the dog and dart