Fans Forum report | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fans Forum report

We've known all along that money's all he cares about, but to see it in a statement, surely they've dropped a bollock there? Those employed at the club should know they're supposed to lie on a daily basis, not tell us what we all suspected anyway. Now some journalist needs to question them on this and splatter it all over the front pages, fat chance from the spineless media twats.

Platinii - 25/9/2013 12:25

They were asked if Sports Direct paid for adverting at St. James' Park and it was confirmed that they do not. John Irving said that Sports Direct were using space that would be otherwise unused but didn't say how hard the commercial team were trying to find other (paying) advertisers;

That bit is just fùcking astonishing. Are they managing to say with a straight face that they can't get ANY companies to give us money to advertise in the spaces taken up by Shìte Direct.

We really are the biggest set of gutless, bell end fans in the country if we just let this carry on.

He's taking the piss on a monumental scale.

I've been banging that drum for years plats. Ashley has never given money to NUFC for advertising and has always found excuses

If that's the case, I'll offer them £10 to Advertise on one of their boards now. That way I'm outbidding sports direct and bringing more revenue to the club.

Surely they'll jump at the chance since their struggling so much to fill adspace

-Morty- - 25/9/2013 12:46

Platinii - 25/9/2013 12:25

They were asked if Sports Direct paid for adverting at St. James' Park and it was confirmed that they do not. John Irving said that Sports Direct were using space that would be otherwise unused but didn't say how hard the commercial team were trying to find other (paying) advertisers;

That bit is just fùcking astonishing. Are they managing to say with a straight face that they can't get ANY companies to give us money to advertise in the spaces taken up by Shìte Direct.

We really are the biggest set of gutless, bell end fans in the country if we just let this carry on.

He's taking the piss on a monumental scale.

I've been banging that drum for years plats. Ashley has never given money to NUFC for advertising and has always found excuses

If that's the case, I'll offer them £10 to Advertise on one of their boards now. That way I'm outbidding sports direct and bringing more revenue to the club.

Surely they'll jump at the chance since their struggling so much to fill adspace

Exactly Morty. I've been saying the very same thing. They say one thing, then do another.

Remember all the fùck wit fans who said it was ok to rename our stadium, because they believed that rat Llambias that it would bring in another Cabaye?

Clueless!

Why don't local businesses pubically bid a thousand pounds, just to push him into a corner that he can't back out of.

The famous passionate fans of Newcastle United are letting themselves down here with their lack of fight, as Platini said, supporters of other clubs simply wouldn't stand for this. The lack of drive to fight for the cause is utterly depressing and disheartening.

Toon_Demon - 25/9/2013 12:35

As a point here, the staff of the club in this fans forum are in relatively key positions. Are none of these staff locals who support NUFC? Are none of them worried about the direction the club is heading in? Surely they more than most fans are in a position to be in an influence for the good. That said knowing how fatty runs things, any sign of criticism or having any ambition WHATSOEVER will probably end in termination for the employee concerned.

I'd imagine he pays the well to toe the line, if his Shìt Direct operations are anything to go by. All full time staff get whacking great bonuses to do what they are told, whilst pìssing all over the 80% of the workforce that have zero hours contracts.

He is a horrid, cancerous disease of a person, with no regard for anyone but himself and his money grabbing obsession. It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if all those staff in key positions were paid very handsomely to toe the line.

steekiebrown - 25/9/2013 13:02

As sparky would say "have to go to the match and support the lads man"

Is there a line for these people, and if so where and what is it?

What if we changed the ground to the Wonga Dome?

What if we played in red, white and blue?

What if all the seats were painted like a Shìt direct giant carrier bag?

What if they openly came out before kick off with a microphone and said, "We don't care really about winning this match. We just want to make loads of TV money"

steekiebrown - 25/9/2013 13:05

Sports direct banners covering the top tier seats in the milburn stand tonight too

All that's missing now is one of those t-shirts you see of one fan pissing on a rivals shirt on the floor.

We should have Ashley doing that with an nufc shirt.

People go on about we don't want to go back to the dark days of football support in the 70's and 80's, but I'll say something, the fans cared. They wouldn't have been buying wonga shirts and acting like silent peasants who know their place, if they did attend they'd be ripping seats out, on the pitch and voicing their dissent. Passion is not a word I'd associate with the famous St James' anymore, pathetic yes, thick yes, but passion, no fucking way.

Toon_Demon - 25/9/2013 12:35

As a point here, the staff of the club in this fans forum are in relatively key positions. Are none of these staff locals who support NUFC? Are none of them worried about the direction the club is heading in? Surely they more than most fans are in a position to be in an influence for the good. That said knowing how fatty runs things, any sign of criticism or having any ambition WHATSOEVER will probably end in termination for the employee concerned.
I can't account for all of them but John Irving was educated at Dame Allens, Wendy Taylor is a Sheffield Wednesday girl and Lee Marshall is a Boro fan. Steve Storey was brought up in the North East having been a police Chief Superintendent.

No big shocks Ashley cares about Sportsdirect and making money i honestly believe the way to get rid of him is target his shops and perhaps those that do go to games might think about making him feel uncomfortable in the ground, just a thought.

He'd feel more uncomfortable on the Sky cameras with only him and the drunken old soak sat next to him in the entire stadium.

He proved after Keegan that he is a coward and doesn't like any abuse (hence why the singing section has gone) he didn't come near St James' park for quite a while, but the penny has dropped that he can do whatever he wants and he doesn't get any stick. Back in the Westwood regime the board were hounded at every home game and it eventually paid off but seems the new breed of fan just can't be bothered.

They think everything is fine, Bruce. Only time they'll open their mouths is when it goes really pear shaped on the pitch.

Bruce68 - 25/9/2013 15:29

He proved after Keegan that he is a coward and doesn't like any abuse (hence why the singing section has gone) he didn't come near St James' park for quite a while, but the penny has dropped that he can do whatever he wants and he doesn't get any stick. Back in the Westwood regime the board were hounded at every home game and it eventually paid off but seems the new breed of fan just can't be bothered.

Agree with that. Football was more a way of life, unfortunately nowadays the things we look forward to are just filling the time until the next thing.

There's no real resolve or principals anymore. Revolutionaries are just tin hat wearing crazies and the rest of us are sheep who's senses have been dulled to the point of extinction.

I guess the blame lies with the internet, gives a place for fans to vent spleen instead of channeling the anger in a more constructive way?

Officemonkey - 25/9/2013 15:24

He'd feel more uncomfortable on the Sky cameras with only him and the drunken old soak sat next to him in the entire stadium.

I would love to see that happen. There couldn't be a bigger statement than nobody in the ground. It would make headlines for him for all the wrong reasons.

steekiebrown - 25/9/2013 15:51

They think everything is fine, Bruce. Only time they'll open their mouths is when it goes really pear shaped on the pitch.
Now that's a new formation for Pardew to play with, the pear shape. Against Hull, it wasn't far off.

Platinii - 25/9/2013 16:17
There couldn't be a bigger statement than nobody in the ground. It would make headlines for him for all the wrong reasons.

That's been my dream scenario for quite a while now,apparently it woudn't work though.