Fans Forum report | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fans Forum report

McCreery - 25/9/2013 10:46

"The cup competitions are not a priority for the club. They are used to be able to look at our squad as a whole. The focus is on a top ten league place because the financial rewards are so great;"

credit to them for finally being upfront but that says all that needs to be said

All those poor buggers travelling to Brighton two seasons running only to find out now that winning cups is not a priority, Anyone going tonight must be mad after reading that

Fans should issue a statement..

"The cup competitions are not a priority for the fans. We can't be arsed to use it, to be able to look at our squad as a whole.

So Fuck You..!!!!

blartSimpson - 25/9/2013 16:43

"The cup competitions are not a priority for the club. They are used to be able to look at our squad as a whole. The focus is on a top ten league place because the financial rewards are so great;"

credit to them for finally being upfront but that says all that needs to be said

All those poor buggers travelling to Brighton two seasons running only to find out now that winning cups is not a priority, Anyone going tonight must be mad after reading that

It wouldn't be quite so bad if he'd given some time to a couple of younger/fringe players to see what they could do, but those Brighton matches seemed like he was actually throwing the match. As if all the younguns he put in had instructions to take it easy, so abject was the performance.

It's almost like cheating.

Good point Tom - tonight would be a good start.

I can't see an empty stadium though, ever.

I still think it's results that are going to dictate matters for those running this club. Quite evidently, when people are happy to sit and listen to the club make that comment about cup competitions, and the utter utter bullshit about the squad, without a whimper, you know you are onto a loser with organised protest. There's way too much cap-doffing to these fellas for my liking.

It looks like Pardew or Kinnear are here for the long haul cos I can't see any other prospective manager jumping at the chance after reading shite like that

Platinii - 25/9/2013 16:55

blartSimpson - 25/9/2013 16:43

It wouldn't be quite so bad if he'd given some time to a couple of younger/fringe players to see what they could do, but those Brighton matches seemed like he was actually throwing the match. As if all the younguns he put in had instructions to take it easy, so abject was the performance.

It's almost like cheating.

Exactly, both games f*ckin embarrassing.

Well forget any FAcups/ League cups while Ashley is here, How depressing is that?? What a shower of shite the whole lot of them

It won't make a blind bit of difference to the majority . They'll still trot along ready to drop their pants for the latest shafting . What will it take before they realize the very essence of the club has been sold out from under them ? It's in black and white that results don't matter . It's what we've known all along really, doesn't matter if we're bottom of the league, it's the bottom line that counts . Under this owner it's over . Last one out switch off the lights.

Rexn - 25/9/2013 17:46

It can't be true, Pardew keeps telling us how much he wants to win a cup.

He's never said which one though. I'm sure it's the "Did Alan do well for big Mike. Didhedidhedidhe?" Cup.

We'll beat Leeds and either Pardew or Kinnear will use the result as proof that they really really do want to win a trophy.

It's just that, like buying players, they want to keep it under their hats for now in case other clubs try and hijack their attempts.

Kinnear has already explained to the WANKA brigade that they are not as intelligent as him, and by proxy "Mike".

My next guess for kicking sand in the face of fans will be the renaming of the stands themselves. In an act of calculated spite they will rename the Milburn Stand. It will be known as Sports Direct Club to begin with, but I can see a few shite companies being interested in having a stand named after them for a season or two.

Ashley could piss directly from the roof of the stand on to them below, and the majority wouldn't even bother with an umbrella.

It does seem odd that club representatives have basically openly admitted in a forum with supporters that the club has zero ambition beyond premiership survival. They've said top 10 so as to reassure the more gullable that mike ashley isn't happy with 17th every season, when we all know he'd happily take it with the sums of money on offer for merely being in the league

Fucking disgraceful, we'd be better off getting relegated and spending at least 2 seasons in the championship if it means the fat **** loses money. he isn't bothered about spending it so let the fat **** lose it when we get relegated. 36220 there tonight, so much for showing the fat **** knowing he has zero ambition for the cups. Why do the fans want to go when the fucking hierarchy don't give a fuck if they win/lose.

Merely highlights the fact there is no ambition other than staying in The Premiership. I mean if they are happy with 10th then what hope is there. Even Ashley wont sit there and allow Pardew another bum season, so it all comes down to who replaces him and the likelihood is nobody that good.