Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7

There are NO vegan catering options at all. Previous caterer offered a vegan pie but the latest offers only a vegetarian pie, with cheese, nothing vegan at all. Shame also to see that that the premium coffee offer in the Trinity Road stand has been ended. All catering services seem to have defaulted to the lowest common denominator. I now buy nothing at all on match days, their loss. The choice has narrowed considerably, no doubt in an attempt to increase profit. Previous Fear comment about ST becoming less important applies to catering too?

I know if this was brought up, the answer would be supply and demand. But I am surprised there isn't something vegan with it being a growing 'trend'.

I know if this was brought up, the answer would be supply and demand. But I am surprised there isn't something vegan with it being a growing 'trend'.

Do they have vegan in corporate JF?

I'm on low carb diet for my diabetes but I don't expect the club to cater for me it's my choice to a point and I understand it's up to me to find suitable food or wait until I get home.

I imagine there are more diabetics than Vegans at the game?

Just checked 16% of the population are diabetic and 11% are Vegan in the UK

Last edited:
The questions and answers... sirdennis went for me last night... the questions were answered mostly before the meeting and I think it was communicated that this isn't really how we would like to do such things... it is important we get this communication right both ways

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/we-asked-they-answered-consultation-between-club-and-fans/
Thanks Fear. Some answers slightly disappointing. Also thought a few of the questions were a bit silly eg the Southgate one which maybe doesn’t help to set the tone - not sure if that one was a vital villa one or someone else

Thanks Fear. Some answers slightly disappointing. Also thought a few of the questions were a bit silly eg the Southgate one which maybe doesn’t help to set the tone - not sure if that one was a vital villa one or someone else

It was from one of the other groups. As said earlier there was a bit more flesh put on the bones re the answers at the meeting.

R.e. Socios - there a couple of things I really don't like about it. I know it's already on the list but I thought I'd just add my comments into the mix in case any of this is overlooked / not picked up in the discussions or if it gets brushed off by the club.

Firstly - trying to monetise fan engagement is just very poor to begin with.

Secondly (and this is the main issue for me), wrapping the monetisation of fan engagement in a quasi-investment product is just so dangerous. If it was just "you have to pay money to do these things"... as per above it would be poor but that would be that. It's the pretending this is an investment platform when it clearly isn't (well clear to me, but maybe not others) which is the problem.

Most average people do not understand crypto currency, both on the technicalities of how it works or what it is, and the investment risks associated with it. Pretending this is some kind of investment is encouraging people to put money into something they don't understand and will inevitably lose them money as the "currency" has no real value outside of the app which has no bearing on the real world and could be switched off at any time. The club actively endorsing it further adds 'authenticity' to unwitting fans who may believe it is a more legit 'asset' than it is.

People hear about how bitcoin has "gone up in value" and presume it is a slam dunk that they should put more (or all of their) money in it, oblivious to the insane risk that they are taking (bitcoin lost 17% yesterday, by the way). This Socios Chilliz thing is trying to jump onto the bitcoin trend and exploit the same issues surrounding lack of knowledge from individuals who may believe they are investing in something similar to Bitcoin (which they incorrectly believe "will only go up") - the difference being that all this Socios thing is a gimmick on a football fan app and even riskier than bitcoin (which itself is one of the riskiest investment "assets" out there)

It's like that Football Index which crashed a while back. It was a gambling provider masquerading as some kind of investment platform - the problem is some people got sucked in and believed it genuinely was an investment and then they lost all their money. When people stop playing it / it gets switched off none of this stuff is worth anything to the wider world.

I'd also add in that crypo currency investing in general is unregulated by the FCA and even if we had partnered with a more legit crypo currency service provider there would be a legitimate argument that even this would be unsuitable considering the products in question are likely to be unsuitable for the target audience (i.e. football fans with predominantly no investment knowledge)

Seems the ASA aren't keen either on these schemes

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...y-kieran-tierney-calum-chambers-b1980480.html

Do they have vegan in corporate JF?

I'm on low carb diet for my diabetes but I don't expect the club to cater for me it's my choice to a point and I understand it's up to me to find suitable food or wait until I get home.

I imagine there are more diabetics than Vegans at the game?

Just checked 16% of the population are diabetic and 11% are Vegan in the UK

They usually have a vegetarian option, (or always, I think) but no idea re vegan, I would imagine they would do something if it was requested at the time of booking. I know when I said no cheese, they thought it a good idea to bring me vegan cheese instead - kind of them to try but feck me the smell !

It wasn't and to be fair, the guy who put it in apologised after and said he'll spend less time worrying about angry people on twitter. To be fair to him, (and I said it in our group chat) the time for people in the FCG to flag things like that up, is before an agenda is submitted.

Chaps ITK, when is the next FCG? I have some points I’d like someone to ask on my behalf with regards to the unacceptable service levels of merchandise orders.

Get some water dispensers, trial it at least. I know the hot weather exacerbated the issue but I drink a lot of water all year round, i’d appreciate the ability to top up my bottle and I’m sure many others would too.

this group needs a better name, it sounds like a dozen fans sitting in the backroom of a local boozer arguing about the club they all support.

Got any suggestions then ?

How about the PERWTCLI.
That's the Put Everything Right With The Club Love In.
The real answer I can give you is NO, I don't have a scooby at the moment but, if you give me ten or twelve long vodka's I might be able to come up with something suitable.