Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7 | Vital Football

Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Fine folks, as always if you have any points to be raised, please leave in this thread (please leave this banter light/free and business-like)

We are looking to discuss our use, as there has been a fair bit pushed through without any consultation. Now it isn't about us as individuals, just as representatives (ie the personalities don't matter but consulting does.

Main issues:

Use of socios (we were told we wouldn't be doing this).

Few small points on digital issues (Grealish picture still for buying tickets etc)

Season ticket delivery problems from the summer

Match day ticket re-sale. Takes 3 weeks to be paid, why? Plus poor online system.

Tone of communication to fans over the 'passing on tickets' issue. Something we could have helped with in the consultation group - if not, no point having us.

Website complaints and the outsourcing on various elements.

AVTV - what should and what shouldn't be available to season ticket holders, etc Shock of £2 to listen to the managers press conference (that was at the time free on Sky!)

Communication on twitter, why not use FCG/fans to look at the quality of communication so it doesn't keep need further clarification.

Value for season ticket holders, a real drop in the value now demand outstrips supply. Now being pushed to buy memberships as well,ST holders used to be premium customers. Very cold experience now with no little bonuses like badges, season card wallets, subscriptions etc

Transport - the recent queues at train stations and the difficulty in getting away from Villa Park affect both supporters and the club. What planning will be going in to improving this?

New kit supply problems again.

Anything to add fine people of Vital Villa?

A bus service to take the fans from Birmingham City Centre and back again after the game would relieve a lot of the pressure on the stations. Tickets could be bought in advance. Would think if the club approached West Midlands Travel it would'nt take much setting up. Think it would probably encourage more to use it and ease the traffic round the ground.

Yes food and beverage in Upper Witton. It pains me to see three servers staring blankly at the cash till. Could somebody be hired to maximise revenue ie work out how to serve people faster. It's been the same for years. Had my hit miss balti pie last week...this one so burnt I ate just the middle of it. Whoever is in charge of the catering is the Bosko Balaban of catering.

Yes food and beverage in Upper Witton. It pains me to see three servers staring blankly at the cash till. Could somebody be hired to maximise revenue ie work out how to serve people faster. It's been the same for years. Had my hit miss balti pie last week...this one so burnt I ate just the middle of it. Whoever is in charge of the catering is the Bosko Balaban of catering.

Do they have a pick up system? I would have thought they'd figure out mobile app ordering and also if they dont and decide to take this up they absolutely will need some sort of way to limit the places or schedule the orders to avoid getting 1,000 orders within 5 mins of HT.

Do they have a pick up system? I would have thought they'd figure out mobile app ordering and also if they dont and decide to take this up they absolutely will need some sort of way to limit the places or schedule the orders to avoid getting 1,000 orders within 5 mins of HT.
Nice idea but no. It's physical queueing and run by someone who couldn't care less.

Yes they employ people who stare at you blankly as you tell them 4 times what you want. If they had decent staff matchday revenue would probably double. Definitely a missed opportunity. But if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Yes they employ people who stare at you blankly as you tell them 4 times what you want. If they had decent staff matchday revenue would probably double. Definitely a missed opportunity. But if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

I think you could level that across the hospitality sector in general.

It is also the fact that it isn't regular work, so pay aside, it is only 19 + cup games, days a season to get people in.

It is also the fact that it isn't regular work, so pay aside, it is only 19 + cup games, days a season to get people in.
I would call it lack of training and organisation rather than staff ability. With the high prices it would be easy to pay the staff a decent bonus for sales to motivate them. Base pay + £20 for achieving a sales target. Something like that.

I would call it lack of training and organisation rather than staff ability. With the high prices it would be easy to pay the staff a decent bonus for sales to motivate them. Base pay + £20 for achieving a sales target. Something like that.

Yes, maybe, but they are agency and so you get different people all the time. It is occurring in corporate as well and causing issues. The turnover is incredible and someone there told me if they get offered football or an event at Edgbaston cricket, they do the latter, as it pays more. So as you say, a better pay might help.

Although we haven't furloughed etc through covid, the catering etc were made redundant and then offered the same jobs through the agency (Compass) ...

Yes, maybe, but they are agency and so you get different people all the time. It is occurring in corporate as well and causing issues. The turnover is incredible and someone there told me if they get offered football or an event at Edgbaston cricket, they do the latter, as it pays more. So as you say, a better pay might help.

Although we haven't furloughed etc through covid, the catering etc were made redundant and then offered the same jobs through the agency (Compass) ...
Sounds like penny pinching in a small department. Anyway hope you can bring it up.

Yes , Please ask if they block the 4g signal an hour before KO as mine and my Sons signal is fine until an hour or so before KO then we can not get a signal outside or inside the ground. Then they hold a competition online and you can't enter it as you don't have a signal. We are both now on 02.

What's going on with the 4g signal

Yes , Please ask if they block the 4g signal an hour before KO as mine and my Sons signal is fine until an hour or so before KO then we can not get a signal outside or inside the ground. Then they hold a competition online and you can't enter it as you don't have a signal. We are both now on 02.

What's going on with the 4g signal

They won’t block it . It is just the density of people in one place, loads trying to get on the same masts. I’m the same . Soon as I get to under the express way it’s game over for 4g. Don’t even bother in the ground now and after the match I’m pretty much at the Church Lane shops before I can get any decent 4g to look at tinternet.

I think it’s the popular theory that you always connect to the nearest phone mast. You don’t, it will depend on your network i believe. I can be on a pooch walk in the fields where I live and be within metres of a phone mast and lose a 4g or phone signal.

This question has been floating around for years and I know JF has raised it numerous times.

They won’t block it . It is just the density of people in one place, loads trying to get on the same masts. I’m the same . Soon as I get to under the express way it’s game over for 4g. Don’t even bother in the ground now and after the match I’m pretty much at the Church Lane shops before I can get any decent 4g to look at tinternet.

I think it’s the popular theory that you always connect to the nearest phone mast. You don’t, it will depend on your network i believe. I can be on a pooch walk in the fields where I live and be within metres of a phone mast and lose a 4g or phone signal.

This question has been floating around for years and I know JF has raised it numerous times.

Mine works fine no problems then all of a sudden it stops completely outside the ground, It's never worked inside the ground for as long as I can remember.
Then they hold an online competition to win a signed shirt, so they obviously don't realise the problem. It needs bringing up, the cynic in me thinks they do it deliberately to stop people broadcasting the game from their phones

Yes, this.

(y)