Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7 | Page 2 | Vital Football

Fan Consultation Group Meeting Dec 7

Isn't blocking mobile signals illegal now?
Anyway it's absolute shite and needs sorting asap, I have to laugh when the companies go on about 5g and they can't give us 4g in and around a football ground 3 miles from Birmingham city centre

R.e. Socios - there a couple of things I really don't like about it. I know it's already on the list but I thought I'd just add my comments into the mix in case any of this is overlooked / not picked up in the discussions or if it gets brushed off by the club.

Firstly - trying to monetise fan engagement is just very poor to begin with.

Secondly (and this is the main issue for me), wrapping the monetisation of fan engagement in a quasi-investment product is just so dangerous. If it was just "you have to pay money to do these things"... as per above it would be poor but that would be that. It's the pretending this is an investment platform when it clearly isn't (well clear to me, but maybe not others) which is the problem.

Most average people do not understand crypto currency, both on the technicalities of how it works or what it is, and the investment risks associated with it. Pretending this is some kind of investment is encouraging people to put money into something they don't understand and will inevitably lose them money as the "currency" has no real value outside of the app which has no bearing on the real world and could be switched off at any time. The club actively endorsing it further adds 'authenticity' to unwitting fans who may believe it is a more legit 'asset' than it is.

People hear about how bitcoin has "gone up in value" and presume it is a slam dunk that they should put more (or all of their) money in it, oblivious to the insane risk that they are taking (bitcoin lost 17% yesterday, by the way). This Socios Chilliz thing is trying to jump onto the bitcoin trend and exploit the same issues surrounding lack of knowledge from individuals who may believe they are investing in something similar to Bitcoin (which they incorrectly believe "will only go up") - the difference being that all this Socios thing is a gimmick on a football fan app and even riskier than bitcoin (which itself is one of the riskiest investment "assets" out there)

It's like that Football Index which crashed a while back. It was a gambling provider masquerading as some kind of investment platform - the problem is some people got sucked in and believed it genuinely was an investment and then they lost all their money. When people stop playing it / it gets switched off none of this stuff is worth anything to the wider world.

I'd also add in that crypo currency investing in general is unregulated by the FCA and even if we had partnered with a more legit crypo currency service provider there would be a legitimate argument that even this would be unsuitable considering the products in question are likely to be unsuitable for the target audience (i.e. football fans with predominantly no investment knowledge)

Kind of linked to the above - there has been a push recently regarding the role of betting sponsorship in football. It would be good to understand the club's policy on this. Obviously we have a non-betting company as our main sponsor but we do have other betting "partners"

Yes, there is a fair bit between us in the FCG group against the socios junk David, so it will be strongly represented against, unfortunately having been assured by the CEO that this would not be done, it has been done, so although we can communicate our disquiet about it, they've signed on the dotted line.

@The Fear i’d like to know why we have only take or received 2,629 tickets for Leeds when the away allocation is 3,000. Demand for away tickets has never been higher, so it doesn’t compute we are taking smaller allocations unless there is something I am missing.

Don;'t think anything will be added to the agenda now Dan, will see if it can be asked. There is meant to be an away consultation group but covid put delays on that, not sure when the next one is, will find out.

@The Fear i’d like to know why we have only take or received 2,629 tickets for Leeds when the away allocation is 3,000. Demand for away tickets has never been higher, so it doesn’t compute we are taking smaller allocations unless there is something I am missing.

I did manage to ask the question after the meeting for you Dan. Apparently Leeds are building a new Sky Box (whatever that is) so it has taken away a number of seats .

Apparently we will reciprocate when they come to our place lol.

I did manage to ask the question after the meeting for you Dan. Apparently Leeds are building a new Sky Box (whatever that is) so it has taken away a number of seats .

Apparently we will reciprocate when they come to our place lol.

Top man, thank you.

Need to cancel my trip to the Leeds office that day then…

The questions and answers... sirdennis went for me last night... the questions were answered mostly before the meeting and I think it was communicated that this isn't really how we would like to do such things... it is important we get this communication right both ways

https://astonvilla.vitalfootball.co.uk/we-asked-they-answered-consultation-between-club-and-fans/
Thanks for asking re the the upper witton lane. The answer was of little use as it just talked about physical limitations. H
owever I have noticed in the last couple of games that they seem more organised and the queues are moving quicker... a supervisor came up in my last one and moved things on quickly when my server had an issue...long may that continue.

Thanks for asking re the the upper witton lane. The answer was of little use as it just talked about physical limitations. H
owever I have noticed in the last couple of games that they seem more organised and the queues are moving quicker... a supervisor came up in my last one and moved things on quickly when my server had an issue...long may that continue.

To be fair, we've asked a few times and it is a pretty standard reply, just one of those logistical things. We have suggested vending machines and so on, but the economics of those don't work apparently. We've said have a drink only aisle, or drinks ready poured etc, but there is storage... usually is a decent enough response to the ideas to be fair!

I think in future, these sorts of queries will be sent directly by an FCG member to the right department, so we can get these questions answered more quickly (as some know, I do that with a fair few bits and bobs, often pm'd anyway)

To be fair, we've asked a few times and it is a pretty standard reply, just one of those logistical things. We have suggested vending machines and so on, but the economics of those don't work apparently. We've said have a drink only aisle, or drinks ready poured etc, but there is storage... usually is a decent enough response to the ideas to be fair!

I think in future, these sorts of queries will be sent directly by an FCG member to the right department, so we can get these questions answered more quickly (as some know, I do that with a fair few bits and bobs, often pm'd anyway)
Ok but the bottleneck is speed of service (rather than physical limitations) which their answer didn’t allude to.

Sounds like they are not that interested in our problems/questions or don't want to be bothered as they don't see a problem. Nothing has really been answered has it?

I think the concern was that it may appear to seem that way and to be fair the club reps were at pains to say that it's not what they want and communication especially between the meetings could be better.

There was a good debate about the Man Utd ticket allocation for instance and the club really wanted the fans view on how many we thought was right bearing in mind it is now on a Monday , and that sort of feedback/discussion is where I think it works well.

I think the concern was that it may appear to seem that way and to be fair the club reps were at pains to say that it's not what they want and communication especially between the meetings could be better.

There was a good debate about the Man Utd ticket allocation for instance and the club really wanted the fans view on how many we thought was right bearing in mind it is now on a Monday , and that sort of feedback/discussion is where I think it works well.

I get that but the Man Utd tickets weren't on the list to be discussed so that is just the opinions of the individuals who where there, unlike you some of who don't got to games anyway

I get that but the Man Utd tickets weren't on the list to be discussed so that is just the opinions of the individuals who where there, unlike you some of who don't got to games anyway

Yes I get that but as they had just heard about the T.V schedule and what Man Utd were offering ticket wise is was an obvious topic to raise. .As you know I don't go to all the meetings so I can only speak about this one.

There was a lot more meat put on the bones of the answers as well . I thought it was going to be presented as a fait accompli , but it wasn't quite like that.

There are NO vegan catering options at all. Previous caterer offered a vegan pie but the latest offers only a vegetarian pie, with cheese, nothing vegan at all. Shame also to see that that the premium coffee offer in the Trinity Road stand has been ended. All catering services seem to have defaulted to the lowest common denominator. I now buy nothing at all on match days, their loss. The choice has narrowed considerably, no doubt in an attempt to increase profit. Previous Fear comment about ST becoming less important applies to catering too?

There are NO vegan catering options at all. Previous caterer offered a vegan pie but the latest offers only a vegetarian pie, with cheese, nothing vegan at all. Shame also to see that that the premium coffee offer in the Trinity Road stand has been ended. All catering services seem to have defaulted to the lowest common denominator. I now buy nothing at all on match days, their loss. The choice has narrowed considerably, no doubt in an attempt to increase profit. Previous Fear comment about ST becoming less important applies to catering too?
I was a bit irked by Purslow talking about providing more hospitality with any expansion. I was like damnit man I'll shower with money if I can just get served at the existing facilities!