FA Fine and Sanction | Page 2 | Vital Football

FA Fine and Sanction

Yeah, maybe? It's possible I may have knee-jerked there.

Probably just my bias against Scally, eh '69? šŸ˜œ

Maybe, but I actually read it the same as you and Madrid'.

I suspect that he still recalls being on the receiving end of what some might call 'Medway banter'.

I find this embarrassing and sickening behaviour in 2023.
All previous reports I have read on here have been about a few spotty teenagers behaving badly but from the report some of the terminology doesnā€™t strike me as youths of today in particular W**.
We need to get a grip on this and start evicting people from the stadium to show the FA / EFL that we are serious with the knuckle draggers.
Really are some individuals that uneducated and senseless cowards hiding in a crowd

Having read the OP attachment, my initial thought is that the evidential threshold is very low - no actual culprits were identified. Surely a priority to actually identify the culprit/s. Not only as a means to ban the person/s from the stadium, but also to allow football clubs to take civil action against offender/s.

A priority at football clubs must be to identify offenders. Supporters must also do their part in assisting stewards with identification. We`ve all been in busy, bouncing football crowds and know that it`s not always easy to find the source of an audible outburst. Worth bearing in mind that it`s becoming a growing option for clubs to advertise a text number for fans to text locations of audible violators (text-a-twat ).

If someone is ejected the stewards should photograph the offender and ensure they obtain ID details. If a culprit is advised that if details are refused, the Club will ask, via its website, for help to ID the "person in the photograph" - relevant information will likely be forthcoming at the time !! Our club stewards, if they don`t already, should operate body worn cameras - that should help with identifying "offenders".

I`ve a feeling that this problem is going to get worse before it gets better - especially when unidentified people can cause such a problem for a club. What`s stopping a rogue person from adding to the woe`s of a rival club already under sanction ?

Football clubs need to take civil action to recover costs (equalling the FA Fine) - that way, the punishment will be directed at the primary source of the offensive behaviour and not the football club. There have to be real consequences for actual offenders.

Assiting through identification requires that the response to identification is very swift, though, so that the identifiers are not left vulnerable and isolated for any amount of time. I'm not sure about self-policing. A mass shout down, were it to happen, would be impressive, but a more active response by a few could easily result in escalating disorder, making the club's problem worse.

Sadly with increasing crowds the chances of a returning numpty or gobby ringleader have increased. We will now have a tag of being that sort of club. Away teams and officials may well be aware of it and of course, it works against us at the worst possible time.
The sooner these selfish losers are identified the better. Let's all play our part.

Last edited:
Having read the OP attachment, my initial thought is that the evidential threshold is very low - no actual culprits were identified. Surely a priority to actually identify the culprit/s. Not only as a means to ban the person/s from the stadium, but also to allow football clubs to take civil action against offender/s.

A priority at football clubs must be to identify offenders. Supporters must also do their part in assisting stewards with identification. We`ve all been in busy, bouncing football crowds and know that it`s not always easy to find the source of an audible outburst. Worth bearing in mind that it`s becoming a growing option for clubs to advertise a text number for fans to text locations of audible violators (text-a-twat ).

If someone is ejected the stewards should photograph the offender and ensure they obtain ID details. If a culprit is advised that if details are refused, the Club will ask, via its website, for help to ID the "person in the photograph" - relevant information will likely be forthcoming at the time !! Our club stewards, if they don`t already, should operate body worn cameras - that should help with identifying "offenders".

I`ve a feeling that this problem is going to get worse before it gets better - especially when unidentified people can cause such a problem for a club. What`s stopping a rogue person from adding to the woe`s of a rival club already under sanction ?

Football clubs need to take civil action to recover costs (equalling the FA Fine) - that way, the punishment will be directed at the primary source of the offensive behaviour and not the football club. There have to be real consequences for actual offenders.
Agreed.
I think this is all totally overblown as this is the exact same disco group that used to congregate at the back of the town end before fans were all shunted out of that end.
Therefore it is a really small minority of a minority that we are talking about, they hide in plain site.

The club is at fault as they have done little or nothing to identify these individuals. Lots of effort to identify and pull out anti scallyites but otherwise nothing. Stewards and police working together could have killed this a long time ago.

Would love to see this lowlife identified and banned.

If that makes me one of those "Authoritarians" then so be it.

I feel especially sorry for the Gallinsons. I note the club video didn't make a blind bit of difference to these scum. Hence identifying and banning them seems to be the only realistic option now.

Didnt the incidents happen the season before the video came out ?

Arguably the club has done more to confront it this season than at any time before.

Ineffective CCTV, ineffective policing and stewarding allowed this behaviour to go unchecked.

Be nice if the fans could self police it but it wont happen. Those with the authority to enforce stadium rules need to do just that. Give them the tools e.g. effetive CCTV to identify the culprits and deal with it professionally and lawfully.

As I haven't got access to a computer at this time.I find it very difficult to read on my phone.Can anyone summarize the punishment?

12.5k fine (maximum possible fine was 15k), implementation of an Action Plan, to remain in place until the end of next season, periodic checks to ensure compliance with the Action Plan, and a formal warning as to future conduct.

12.5k fine (maximum possible fine was 15k), implementation of an Action Plan, to remain in place until the end of next season, periodic checks to ensure compliance with the Action Plan, and a formal warning as to future conduct.

Well, ā€œimplementation of an action planā€ surely isnā€™t a punishment? Itā€™s what every single club or entity should be constantly doing to eradicate the behaviours of these lowlife from the game or from public generally. If GFC havenā€™t already got a ā€œplanā€ in place then I say we deserve the fine.

I keep hearing (over the last however many seasons) that itā€™s an easily identifiable small group at the back of one of the RE sections. Why on earth havenā€™t they been dealt with? Surely just one or 2 cameras or stewards or police quietly looking in that general direction could easily pick them out every time they gob off? Throw them out once and a recurrence means further action and a life time ban if proven guilty of the offences.

Well, ā€œimplementation of an action planā€ surely isnā€™t a punishment? Itā€™s what every single club or entity should be constantly doing to eradicate the behaviours of these lowlife from the game or from public generally. If GFC havenā€™t already got a ā€œplanā€ in place then I say we deserve the fine.

According to the report, we had a plan, but "wholly inadequate", and not yet properly implemented.

"In addition to a financial penalty, the Commission is entirely satisfied that an action plan in accordance with Annex 1 to the Policy and Guidance is necessary in this case. It regards the action plan set out within the Clubā€™s ā€œFA Action Planā€ as wholly inadequate. Moreover, the meeting took place only shortly before the 2023/24 season began and no real progress has been made to implement it even though the season is well underway"

I saw on the news a few days ago that Crawley FC are in trouble with the FA for someone throwing flares on the pitch. I fail to see how its any football clubs fault if a few individuals decide to behave inappropriatly. People quite often misbehave in pubs after a skinful but they dont fine the landlord or shut the pub.
I dont suppose for one moment the recent alledged reports at Priestfield have been any worse than at any other of the 92 clubs and no I'm not saying that makes it ok. Just think its difficult for football clubs to be expected to be accountable for every gobby lunatic that enters their stadium.

.......... Just think its difficult for football clubs to be expected to be accountable for every gobby lunatic that enters their stadium.

The issue is that the club is deemed responsible for identifying the gobby ones and doing their best to ensure that they don't repeat the offences.

GFC's plans to do this were not put in place soon enough and, as yet, haven't been very effective.

I saw on the news a few days ago that Crawley FC are in trouble with the FA for someone throwing flares on the pitch. I fail to see how its any football clubs fault if a few individuals decide to behave inappropriatly. People quite often misbehave in pubs after a skinful but they dont fine the landlord or shut the pub.
If you went in a pub and started throwing pyrotechnics about youā€™d be in deep shit.

Didnt the incidents happen the season before the video came out ?

Arguably the club has done more to confront it this season than at any time before.

Ineffective CCTV, ineffective policing and stewarding allowed this behaviour to go unchecked.

Be nice if the fans could self police it but it wont happen. Those with the authority to enforce stadium rules need to do just that. Give them the tools e.g. effetive CCTV to identify the culprits and deal with it professionally and lawfully.
But the issue being that the club were found to have done little or nothing proactively after these incidents until the FA charges. The FA findings regarding the club's approach don't make for pretty reading.

But the issue being that the club were found to have done little or nothing proactively after these incidents until the FA charges. The FA findings regarding the club's approach don't make for pretty reading.
Agreed 100% but these incidents were around xmas last year. We seem more focussed on it this season was my point.

Agreed 100% but these incidents were around xmas last year. We seem more focussed on it this season was my point.
If the incidents were pre Galinson could I be that the person or people in question were simply at Priestfield to cause trouble?