FA Cup Round 1 draw | Page 6 | Vital Football

FA Cup Round 1 draw

No chance unfortunately mate, that usually goes to non league teams at home to a league side with a shock on the cards. Even if we were at home doubt it would be on TV let alone at Sunderland who will be favourites.

I wouldn't say that - i.e. "no chance" as the Beeb/BT quite often include an all League game amongst the live matches - in the past, I've expected our possible/likely defeat to a non-league team to receive live coverage, but it hasn't in favour of a largely uninteresting all league match-up. TV companies may also consider that Sunderland are well supported and their fans alone (especially BT) may bump up the viewing figures - we've seen this for year with Man Utd. Pretty much every FA Cup draw they have is a live match due to the perceived armchair fanbase. They have included some really uninteresting Man Utd FA Cups matches for live coverage, such as Man Utd v Reading, over far more likely and interesting upset prospects for that reason. I am not saying that Sunderland have anything like the armchair fanbase, but compared to others in the draw at this stage, they possibly do.

I am presuming the BBC will have the usual half a dozen or so matches they cover live (i.e. goals and actions as it happens) on the Sunday? Could well be a contender for that.

If I were a neutral, I'd have no interest at all in the match - as with the other all league draws - but I wouldn't be surprised if we get some sort of coverage.

However, I concur that it was an awful draw - could not have been a lot worse. Probably on a par with the terrible Swansea draw in Round 4 last season.

So Chichester, the lowest-ranked team in the competition, got the bye, and have pledged to make a donation to Bury out of the “prize” money. It may only be a small gesture (don’t think the amount has been revealed yet), but how many other clubs would have done that? Fair play to them, hope they get a good draw in round 2, someone massive like Sunderland...

Surely any money given to Bury will end up with the taxman.

I'm going as I'm dreaming that this will be the game where our strike force suddenly click and we pull off the shock of the round!

So Haringey Borough FC v Yeovil will be replayed next Tuesday to determine who will host Darlington in the next round. Tickets for the abandoned game at Haringey will not be valid for next week`s replay game. Think original game was abandoned around the Hour mark - should fans that went to that game and held on to their ticket have to pay again ? Perhaps it`s an FA rule ?

BT Sport will show (live) three first round games:

Dover v Southend Utd (Sunday 10th 1130am)
Hayes & Yeading v Oxford Utd (Sunday 10th 2pm)
Harrogate Town v Portsmouth (Monday 11th 7pm)

Good news for Dover £££
Await BBC Decisions....

So Lancs, what I predicted on two threads turns out to be correct, smug bar steward that I am?