FA Cup Round 1 draw | Page 5 | Vital Football

FA Cup Round 1 draw

Might be even more, IIRC they usually really milk it. One Saturday lunchtime with another in the evening. One on Sunday and another Monday night. (?)

I thought that was in the later rounds. Like I said, I've no idea. Not sure why people keep asking me..? ;-)

Sunderland I'm sure we beat them up there in the cup once before?

Anyhow - Ebbsfleet are home to Notts County - if they beat Woking
…. and Maidstone home to Torquay

So Chichester, the lowest-ranked team in the competition, got the bye, and have pledged to make a donation to Bury out of the “prize” money. It may only be a small gesture (don’t think the amount has been revealed yet), but how many other clubs would have done that? Fair play to them, hope they get a good draw in round 2, someone massive like Sunderland...

Oh shit.

Appalling draw. May be ok normally but new Sunderland manager will want to start well and make an impression.
I
Worst possible draw imo.

Wĺll not be a money spinner, lucky to get 15,000. How’s that if there’s a 20k crowd there at £14 per head that’s £280k gate receipts divide by 3 = over 90k

Last edited:
Sunderland it is oh well that's us for another yr

If we’re going to go out in the first round, we might as well do it in front of the biggest crowd of the round. So not such a shit draw really. We were all worried about getting beat by the Dog and Duck and receiving no money. At least we’ll get a few quid for this one.