FA Cup 3rd Round. Leicester away | Vital Football

FA Cup 3rd Round. Leicester away

You are my sunshine

Vital Reserves Team
Ok obviously this is going to be tough as they are having a great season so far at the top end of the Prem but hopefully they make a lot of changes which can sometimes lead to a disjointed performance and we can at least give them a competitive game.I'll go 3-1 Leicester but this is the FA Cup so anything is possible if we play well.
Real shame our ball playing centre half Naismith is injured as this would of been an ideal game for him.So with Dunkley and Kipre together we will sometimes go longer which is why I would play Garner as our striker cos of his physicality.I do want to see us pass the ball out as well though,through the thirds of the pitch when we can.
I'd go:
Jones or Marshall
Sterling Dunkley Kipre Robinson
Evans Williams or Morsy
Gelhardt Dowell Windass
Garner

Think 1 of Morsy or Williams may be rested.Morsy has 9 yellows,1 away from a 2 game suspension and Williams played 95 mins on Wed after just coming back from injury.
Spirits in the squad will be better after the recent win and the players aren't playing under the pressure of recent league games so should feel a sense of freedom as everyone from the outside expects us to lose,which hopefully will aid performance.
Pearce,Mcleoud,Roberts,Pilks and Massey(although wouldn't be my choice)could be pushing for potential starts as well.Jacobs,Moore and Mulgrew all injured but apparently Fox may make the bench.
Up the tics!

Brendan Rodgers:
“We’ll make some changes... I always pick a team to win. I never make changes for changes’ sake. We’ll pick an aggressive team, a team with intensity, a team to get the result.
Pick a team to win. That’s our notion.
We want to win every competition we’re in.
We’re playing against Wigan and I’m looking forward to seeing Paul because he’s a very good football man.
He's a fantastic manager"

Paul Cook:
"I’m delighted with the draw, first of all from a managerial point of view.
“Brendan is one of the elite managers now. He’s jettisoned himself into those levels.
"His team plays fantastic football, and has everything a good team should have.
“Whatever team he picks will demand our respect and we know how difficult the game will be, in a competition we want to do well in.
The FA Cup is special, no matter what anyone says. This competition means a lot to this club, more so than any other.
We had a great run two years ago and, although it’ll be difficult at Leicester, we’ll acquit ourselves as best we can.”

Fill your boots Cook bashers.

An irrelevant match in my opinion. Survival in the championship is our goal so let’s hope that we don’t pick up any injuries.

Should rest Robinson, Morsy and Lowe. The rest should be fresh as daisies.
Marshall
Byrne Dunks Kipre Sterling
Evans Williams Dowell Windass
Geldhart Garner
2-0 Latics

Brendan Rodgers:
“We’ll make some changes... I always pick a team to win. I never make changes for changes’ sake. We’ll pick an aggressive team, a team with intensity, a team to get the result.
Pick a team to win. That’s our notion.
We want to win every competition we’re in.
We’re playing against Wigan and I’m looking forward to seeing Paul because he’s a very good football man.
He's a fantastic manager"

Paul Cook:
"I’m delighted with the draw, first of all from a managerial point of view.
“Brendan is one of the elite managers now. He’s jettisoned himself into those levels.
"His team plays fantastic football, and has everything a good team should have.
“Whatever team he picks will demand our respect and we know how difficult the game will be, in a competition we want to do well in.
The FA Cup is special, no matter what anyone says. This competition means a lot to this club, more so than any other.
We had a great run two years ago and, although it’ll be difficult at Leicester, we’ll acquit ourselves as best we can.”

Fill your boots Cook bashers.
Rodgers, all about going out to win.
Cook grovelling at the feet of one of his ex LFC managers.

What happened to your not playing players out of position obsession ?
You've got 2 right backs.

Jeff Out !!!
Thought that would be noticed but no cover to give Robinson a break so had to do it. Even Evans on the right could possibly be a better option than Massey just to give Lowe a rest. Good shout though Arthur.

1400 tickets sold for this one and a pay on the day so maybe around 1600 away fans for an irrelevant game, the club doesn't deserve those fans.
That is a great following. Hope we have Joffy and Big Joe on there today with Windass and take it to them Latics fashion.

Hope Gelhardt doesn't play, last thing we want to do is put him in the shop window against a Premier League club having a surprise season and looking nailed on for top 4, thus having many extra millions to spend. Watch him start, play a blinder and Leicester chuck in a bid.

We need to keep Gelhardt till the end of the season, keep him for league games but actually start him!

Be a good day out at a good ground and club, hopefully we have a good day and Joe gets a start, a goal would be nice as well.

But ultimately we’ve got far more important things worry about, so I’ll take a 3-1 Leicester and all focus on Bristol next week.

Last edited:
Leicester City: Ward, Justin, Morgan (Capt), Benkovic, Chilwell, Gray, Albrighton, Barnes, Choudhury, Mendy, Praet Subs: Jakupovic, Soyuncu, Maddison, Iheanacho, Perez, Ndidi, Fuchs

Latics: Marshall, Sterling, Dunkley, Kipre, Pearce, Morsy (Capt), Evans, Williams, Massey, Dowell, Windass Subs: Jones, Robinson, Macleod, Roberts, Lowe, Gelhardt, Garner

Brilliant! Fuck off Cook.

Massey in again, Dowell who's been here 5 minutes straight in, no Joffy because he isn't ready yet....A young lad at 18 smashed in a hat trick today for Norwich against Preston!

If i was Gelhardt's Dad i would have had a few choice words with Cook by now!

The continued omission of Gelhardt is one of life’s great mysteries. Every time he plays he causes mayhem. I just do not get it.

Cook is just taking the piss out of the fans now. He knows the clamour from the fans to play him. He knows how well young Joe played Last week in that cameo against Nottingham, and yet he still refuses to play him.
Cook doesn’t care about this club, he cares about himself and his fragile ego.
It’s truly baffling that this clown is still employed at Wigan Athletic.
One of the great football mysteries of latics history.

Might just be that Gelhardt isn’t quite ready yet?🤔 Don’t get me wrong, he’s clearly talented and we all want him to play, but the cameos I’ve seen from him suggest he’s still very raw, and if chasing a goal then he’s an option from the bench but not sure he’s quite at the level to start a game yet

Geldhart our man of the match by miles against Forest and looks excellent every time he gets his 10 minutes. Done more in his rare cameos than Jacobs and Massey have done combined all season.

Won’t matter anyway as he’ll be gone soon as Cook has destroyed the only argument that could have kept him here which is the possibility for game time. He’d have played more minutes at Everton or Liverpool this year as would’ve started cup games.