F@@@ The Disabled | Page 13 | Vital Football

F@@@ The Disabled

kefkat - 27/3/2014 23:48

There is also the case of the fact of people appealing and winning: People who appeal now are put onto JSA whilst there claim is in appeal,

JSA is for those fit to work, if you claim JSA while unfit for work it is a fraudulent claim.

Villa_Grizzly - 28/3/2014 12:01

The high success rate of appeals is often due to the presentation of certified medical evidence at that stage

I would argue that it is more to do with the fact that ATOS systematically acted unlawfully when filling out the initial assessment forms, it is proven that they ignored the answers given and in a lot of cases put the exact opposite of the given response, ATOS nurses have admitted this, a number of us have experienced it first hand.

the removal of state subsistence at that point is paramount to gross negligence and a fast track to poverty without welfare provision. This is the result of flow chart and tick-box bureaucracy, which bears no moral or human relevance to those effected or disenfranchised.

Or even those who committed suicide or are suffering with depression or other stress related problems, this has been a period that our government should be ashamed of.

How about those wanky banks though?
I see the government have cashed in 29% of their shares in Lloyds for 4.1bn. Any chance of that money being put back into the public purse for the refunding of key public services? No, well we best keep hammering that minority percent of welfare service users who defraud the state. I'm sure that will cough up the cash society so desperately needs.

And that's just scratching the surface, but the continued government and media targets of those on benefits will lead most sheep to blame the countries woes on them and the continued "terror threat" that ALL Muslims are part of, while those really screwing the country and causing the deaths of hundreds of thousands continue to line their pockets while dining sumptuously on the suffering of others, I suppose we could always eat cake..

I sear to God, this is the most undemocratic government to walk our earth. No mandate on which to do any of this yet sweeping, highly impacting economic and social changes that changes the face of our society and our public services.

This is not a democracy, it never has been.

Juan Mourep - 28/3/2014 16:06

kefkat - 27/3/2014 23:48

There is also the case of the fact of people appealing and winning: People who appeal now are put onto JSA whilst there claim is in appeal,

JSA is for those fit to work, if you claim JSA while unfit for work it is a fraudulent claim.

Tell that to the government Juan who make their own rules up as they go along. It is what my friend is having to do.

When she told them she was appealing they said fine however you will have to sign on JSA if you want any money. It is doing the JSA heads in as they have people signing on who they know shouldn't be.

When my friend was called in for her interview and she explained her situation they just shook there heads in despair cos it's flipin ludicrous they said.

They told her just to print some things off and make it look O.K however they weren't going to press her or bother her again unless there time limits came up as they could see there was no point.

It is the government that are just making it up as you go along. I kid you not. This is what is happening now when a person is in appeal

http://johnnyvoid.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/disagree-with-an-atos-decision-then-starve-say-dwp/

kefkat - 28/3/2014 18:53

This is what is happening now when a person is in appeal

I know! I went without an income for 18 months and lived on the charity of others, I was told to claim JSA while on appeal, but when I pointed out to them that signing the form saying I was fit for work when I wasn't, would be a fraudulent claim and would they give me an assurance in writing that I would not be prosecuted, they declined.

Signing on when unfit for work is fraudulent, and something that they could throw back in your face at any time, I do not trust our "government" in the slightest, simple as that.

I don't trust any of them Juan. Whoever is in power. No difference between any of them anymore

Very interesting.

Ian Duncan Smith on the Andrew Marr show just said it was Labour who signed the contract with ATOS. Conservatives have sacked them off, illustrating they haven't met criteria, so the uk won't be paying off ATOS, in fact that company will have to pay some reparation.

I hadn't realised it was labour who brought them in, I knew labour were looking at disability though.

His interview was decent and clear, sadly those, like one in this thread, who have gone through the process, have been badly let down at the coal face so to speak.

Your right Jim, as a country we can only move forwards. This is why a loyalty card/voucher type scheme for all benefits needs to be introduced(I think in time when things get really bad it will). We know its not nice for the genuine disabled etc to have to use a voucher type card to buy their groceries but it might be our only option as to stop corruption and waste from within the welfare state.

Not missing the point at all. I've said in several threads all three main parties need to come together to take it away from being party political and admit the country can't afford it. (Health service / the current social security) and that those that can need to insure. (And get a tax break)

However if so much money wasn't wasted (ie bringing politicians back to debate a women who had died, hence, she was going nowhere so it could have been done on the Monday) etc, society still could afford to some of these things.

Gazgecko - 18/4/2013 20:06

Good arguments JF, don't know you well but presume you've 'been there'.

It's all about context; sadly the Daily Hate Mail excels in removing context and inserting bigoted horse-shit (see what I did there, did a horse thing in a horse related thread).

My own context: I hate twats, don't care if they 're scroungers or millionaire tax evaders, if they 're sticking two fingers up to the system that the majority of us abide by/work towards then they can do one (not quite sure what that actually means, probably not gas chambers to be fair).

The only thing I'll say is that I can't abide vitriolic newspapers that pay 'columnists' (Littlejohn, Platell and others)' to spout context-free crap and AND do so with their fricking photo plastered on the page (I really don't care what they look like).

As Homer Simpson once said: "I never apologise. I'm sorry, that's just the way I am".

Yeah, brain condition, a good day you'd not know, a bad day I'm still stunningly good looking and charming, but I do a very good impression of skelator from he man! :3:

And yes, agree, scum is scum no matter what wealth they have or what level of society they reside.

think what people worry about coming off the sick is down to financial reasons, considering how much rents of homes are now etc but there is a bit more help out there, just have to ask the right questions (which again you should not have to do in the first place).

it is a bit of a catch 22 situation, and does take a mind set to break for me its all about being independent and not having a government or government worker telling me what to do or rule my life.

James06 - 22/4/2013 15:47

You've got more chance getting a job if your disabled, it's another card to play. If your a disabled black lesbian dwarf with bipolar then you can get any job you want, they wouldn't dare turn you away.

:17: there is some truth in that as firms which employ over a certain amount have to employ people from various groups, never mind the public service, all with the above and carry a copy of the guardian ...

SEVEN decades ago Britain’s welfare state arrived, with trumpet accompaniment. William Beveridge, whose 1942 report laid its foundations, pledged a war on the “giant evils” of squalor, ignorance, want, idleness and disease. The National Health Service that sprang up a few years later is still reflexively praised. But few people feel warmly about much of the remainder of the welfare edifice.

Overall spending on benefits, including pensions, is now three times bigger in real terms than it was in the late 1970s (see chart). When he became prime minister in 1997, Tony Blair lamented “rising welfare bills combined with increasing poverty and social division”. Labour did much to reduce poverty, but little to stop the growth and sprawl of the welfare state.

http://www.economist.com/news/britain/21575778-sweeping-changes-welfare-system-many-them-loudly-opposed-are-less-radical-they

GT the voucher scheme is in place for those needing crisis money now and grants. As for those who are disabled pull us down some more eh! Yes there is 0.5% who are fiddling the system and yes it is that low however there is more going unclaimed in benefits than there is being claimed/scammed. 17 billion a year is going unclaimed because people don't know they are entitled to it and/or won't claim it.

So for the person on job seekers/disability working or not on disability as DLA/PIP's does not go on whether you are working or not, you want people to buy their clothes, their food, pay their electric & gas/water bills/any rent/mortgage/council tax/TV licence/house insurance plus any other bills they have which perhaps they had before being laid off or becoming disabled out of vouchers. That's sure alot of vouchers and how do you balance what goes on what.

Then we move on to those who get disability cars. How shall they pay for petrol and so on. What about things they may need for the house or being able to buy birthday cards/Christmas cards or small gifts for the family? How do you plan for them to post a letter maybe to do with benefits or even have a coffee with a friend.

Should they not have a mobile, a landline, or internet?.

Then we go on to what health needs they have to pay for services they buy in because of their health problems. How do they pay that. If they are out and need to use a toilet and don't have a disability key what do they use?.It wouldn't work GT..

It might be ideal GT but it doesn't work. Stop and think about what services you use, really think, look around your house. Yes like anything there is an element of fraud and I don't agree with it either however you can not make the system of vouchers work long term.

Apart form the practical side it is demeaning

I do find it quite strange that very strong Christian beliefs and objections to helping the less fortunate go together for some. Obviously, this is a very small test sample, but maybe it is telling?

I always thought Christianity was more about helping others? Isn't much of Jesus' teaching about giving away your wealth to help those in need?

Governments... plural Green Tea.

I've said before, I would think you'd agree, can't see why anyone wouldn't to be honest, they should get the three parties to all sit down, talk over the country, the future, how to get out of the shite we are in and how to overhaul a) benefits b) tax.

Make it a non party political thing.

Will it happen?

Will it fook.

They'd delight the country/voting public if they did all grow up, stopped the 'he said, she said' and got on with it though.

Kefkat, It isnt alot of vouchers as it could be stored on a computer database and a swipe style card used by those on benefits. Like Debit card/loyalty card.

How many shoppers do you think have a Tesco clubcard all over the UK? All those customers are stored on a database and Tescos know exactly what each customer buys (big brother style)..

If supermarkets can monitor their customers, offer them points, coupons based on what they buy etc, im sure the government could use a similar system to monitor people on benefits. You also say 0.5% fiddle the system. In other words 99.5% of all benefits are genuine people not wasting state money on illegal drugs for instance? The system is so corrupt even those with stats dont know what they are monitoring. We have single mothers using money for their children on alcohol and drugs. = Is that right? Is that mother included in your 0.5%?

I don't think anybody on here doesn't agree with the welfare state and looking after our needy.