Exeter | Page 3 | Vital Football

Exeter

I've just checked, to post a link, and I can't see then there either!
I'm not going to start digging the club out about this, but this is the kind of thing they need to sort out. I'm quite patient and will keep trying, but I can imagine others might not be and just give up. On a more positive note, I see that Paul Fisher (aka Fish) has agreed to go on the Gills in The Blood podcast, which is great news.

I'm not going to start digging the club out about this, but this is the kind of thing they need to sort out. I'm quite patient and will keep trying, but I can imagine others might not be and just give up. On a more positive note, I see that Paul Fisher (aka Fish) has agreed to go on the Gills in The Blood podcast, which is great news.

Maybe it sold out? 😉

Last edited:

We’ll cut fisher some slack, but this is exactly the sort of thing he needs to sort out. I said in another post, one of the first things PF needs to do is make it easy for people who want to spend their money be able to spend money at or on the club - in fact, snap their hands off. I gave the example at the last home game that I wanted to buy a programme and a pint, but didn’t part with my money as didn’t want to queue for 10-15+ minutes for a simple transaction - other examples of people wanting to spend money being put off and not doing so are repeated ticketing cock-ups, shirts and merchandise not being available or not easy to buy. And there are many other examples.

We’ll cut fisher some slack, but this is exactly the sort of thing he needs to sort out. I said in another post, one of the first things PF needs to do is make it easy for people who want to spend their money be able to spend money at or on the club - in fact, snap their hands off. I gave the example at the last home game that I wanted to buy a programme and a pint, but didn’t part with my money as didn’t want to queue for 10-15+ minutes for a simple transaction - other examples of people wanting to spend money being put off and not doing so are repeated ticketing cock-ups, shirts and merchandise not being available or not easy to buy. And there are many other examples.
You're absolutely right and by his (PF's) admission, there is a lot to do, so I'm sure we will cut him so slack. However he does need to seize upon this current feel good factor if he is able to.

These are business basics that are not difficult to resolve.
Reliving customers of their money and offering a first class experience takes priority over pretty much everything else

It says on the OS that season ticket holders have a 24 hour priority so they can reserve their normal seats, but that was posted on Thursday, I would imagine tickets go on general sale on Monday.

Anyone been able to buy tickets for this yet? The article on this match being a tenner has a link to "buy tickets" and when I click on it, there's no option to buy tickets for this match - just league games. This is a bit "Gills"!

As per the announcement tickets for the Exeter Cup game went on sale to Season Ticket Holders on Thursday afternoon giving them a chance to book their usual seat. They will go on general sale next week.

Just had a look at the website, as a season ticket holder it's a piece of piss to buy your own seat. Don't know if my seat is blocked to other season ticket holders (I hope so)?

Last edited:
So non STHs have outed themselves.........bloody plastics 😉

Strangely, when I logged in and tried to get a ticket earlier (as an STH), the match wasn’t there. I just looked again and even without logging in I can buy a ticket so looks like they’re on general sale - my seat is blocked out so will log in and claim it later.

Strangely, when I logged in and tried to get a ticket earlier (as an STH), the match wasn’t there. I just looked again and even without logging in I can buy a ticket so looks like they’re on general sale - my seat is blocked out so will log in and claim it later.

Same. I’ve never purchased tickets before online (plastic, I know) but out of interest I looked yesterday and there was no method to buy for the Exeter game. Even though there was a link next to the match to buy tickets. Only options were home or away games.

Today however, that link takes you straight to the page for cup games to select your seat and purchase 👍

So it probably was tied in to being a s/t holder or not. Otherwise the club/EFL have maybe rectified an error.

BTW - do they accept PayPal as a payment method?

As mentioned before, the club would have lost some supporters by making Priestfield a cashless stadium. I'm not sure thats still the case but I assume its still cashless. Can you still turn up on the day & pay? It maybe the way it is now to not accept cash & thats fair enough but dont be surprised if you lose a few people.
Personally if I go anywhere & they refuse my cash I go elswhere be it a cafe or a football ground and maybe these establishments should consider offering choice.
Hopefully these are some points Mr Fisher will consider if he's allowed to that is.