Exeter Fans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Exeter Fans

They're were a couple of them, i just presumed the one with the red cap was a Grecian as he appeared to be celebrating , though not sure why he felt there was anything to celebrate.
Don't think they were Exeter because they hopped over the Echo hoardings and a few Exeter fans seemed to want to fight them through the fencing.

Don't think they were Exeter because they hopped over the Echo hoardings and a few Exeter fans seemed to want to fight them through the fencing.

Unfortunately there was a bit of an altercation outside the Stacey West exit as the away fans came out, some big Lincoln lad being physically held back by stewards, who was very intent on confrontation. Dont know whether it escalated, we didnt hang about.

Made me laugh, barely heard them during the match, after the game absolutely singing their heads off outside the ground like they had won three nil or something. That's the attitude lads; keep thinking you've got this won already.

How dare they sing.

As I said in the match thread. Thought they were very good in the league match, but extremely poor tonight. Made noise at beginning of the game and at the end, inbetween forgot they were there. Just a bit odd.

No chance of hearing them from that side of the SW over in the Co-op. You could see a small group gesticulating quite a lot but that was about it.

SW's one of those stands that can appear quite loud if you're in it, but the noise doesn't necessarily travel too well.

They are all over twitter claiming they outsung 9,000 Lincoln fans.
I sit in lower 6 and could hardly hear them.
The noise from the co op is amazing so loud on the pitch that you can’t hear what the person next to you is saying.
It’s like a wall of noise hitting you amazing
& now I get why the players and managers often refer to it and even the opposition managers.

Thought it was a very good turn out for such a distance. It is important to dispense with the arrogance of the attendances. It was only two years ago when we struggled to get 2000 at home.

This is a good away attendance for a L2 side, particularly considering the distances involved. Our attendances are currently still highly inflated.

There will come a time...when they will level out and become more realistic. It will be interesting to see what we happen to the renewals should it not work on Thursday and likewise, if it does work on Thursday.

Long way to travel. Live on television in a local pub . Few beers . The match is same live or on tele. Does it really matter .

Except for the noise generated by those there is better for the players who cannot hear people shouting at their telly!

Nah. Can't beat being there.

Think I'd have trouble getting a pub to put Lincoln's match on in Rotherham anyway :hehe:
Same here, I've not been in either my locals for about 2 years, not sure I'm comfortable walking into a Barnsley boozer and asking after such a long time.
Cricfree for me. Found the other game last night easily enough. Bit of buffering but watchable.

Thought it was a very good turn out for such a distance. It is important to dispense with the arrogance of the attendances. It was only two years ago when we struggled to get 2000 at home.

This is a good away attendance for a L2 side, particularly considering the distances involved. Our attendances are currently still highly inflated.

There will come a time...when they will level out and become more realistic. It will be interesting to see what we happen to the renewals should it not work on Thursday and likewise, if it does work on Thursday.

It's not too many years since Exeter took over 2,000 to the Don Valley Stadium for a play-off match, so I'm afraid I have to beg to differ there, Jeff.

If memory serves, the 2009 Rotherham v Exeter game wasn't a playoff - it was the last match of the season and Exeter needed a win to clinch automatic.

I also dislike attendance arrogance .Its not about that though is it?Exeter were snarling that they had better get the Stacey West. They were allocated 1100 and only 640 turned up .Exeter brought over 2000 to the Bank a few years back as I recall. So I know they can travel well. They were very quite throughout the match also . So its got nothing to do with our attendance and all about theirs. ..You are getting on a par with Steve O 'Dare mate

I also dislike attendance arrogance .Its not about that though is it?Exeter were snarling that they had better get the Stacey West. They were allocated 1100 and only 640 turned up .Exeter brought over 2000 to the Bank a few years back as I recall. So I know they can travel well. They were very quite throughout the match also . So its got nothing to do with our attendance and all about theirs. ..You are getting on a par with Steve O 'Dare mate

Comparing attendance arrogance between clubs gets on my goat. No matter who does it. As for the last comment. I ain't biting. Nice try though ?

Hahaha. Nice seats, but completely open to the elements, I remember it well. It isn't that long ago, by the way, it was only built in 1991!!

Good job I saw the winkie smiley.

Horrible stadium and Dibble Horses did nothing to aid the pitch in 2004 PO Semi.