Ex Player watch | Page 53 | Vital Football

Ex Player watch

To be honest, of all the moves that occurred as a result of administration this is the one that rankles me the most.
Nowt against the fella & I wish him every success but the fact that in the middle of a £200mill spending spree, Chelsea refused to pay Latics the £20k compensation they were due for him knowing full well that we didn't have the means to challenge it legally (especially for a relatively small amount) really is a scummy move on their part
To be honest I'd rank it up there with Barnsley insistence on attending the appeal (even though the points in question were irrelevant to their case) & then trying to charge us for the privilege

To be honest I think even Anthony Barry felt guilty about it (not that he had any need to) as I believe he offered to repay his salary as a goodwill gesture
We weren’t due any compensation otherwise they would have been forced to pay it. Barry wanted to go and Begbies didn’t want him to lose out on such an amazing opportunity so let him go for free. You wouldn’t pay 20k either if you didn’t have to, welcome to the real world. If you want to blame someone, don’t blame Chelsea, blame Begbies for once again letting an asset go for next to nothing.

Our mate Mr Nixon thinks Man City are interested in Robinson. Would be well deserved. A sell on fee for us as well.

Victor Moses has signed for Spartak Moscow from Chelsea, not sure if there was a fee involved and whether there was a sell on clause in the sale.

Tranmere Rovers have signed former Wigan Athletic and Luton Town winger Callum McManaman, as announced by their official club website.
Tranmere Rovers have brought him in on a one-year contract.

McManaman, who is 30-years-old, was released by Luton at the end of last season and spent last summer as a free agent.

He eventually ended up moving to Australia to sign for A-League side Melbourne Victory in October. He played 14 games during his time down under but is now back in England.

Chelsea have opened talks with 21-year-old English right-back Dujon Sterling over a new contract. Chelsea's development squad coaches are understood to be impressed with Sterling's recovery and return to full fitness following a career-threatening injury. (Football.London)

Sheffield Wednesday
Last season's top scorer Josh Windass (10 goals) will be out for "a considerable time" with a pre-season hamstring injury

I remember when Ivan Toney was with us thinking that he won a lot of headers for his size back then. My lord it's scary how good he is in the air now. Absolutely bullying Arsenal.

Reactions: GSM
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co....s/swansea-citys-former-wigan-athletic-5837139

Kyle Joseph being loaned to Cheltenham. Probably as close as you get to Swansea at L1 level, so not too much of a surprise... would he be competing for a first team place with us this season? It'll be interesting to see how he gets on playing first team football every week... much as I wish him well, as I do pretty much every ex-Latic, I'll be peeved if he scores against us!

Kyle Joseph scores on his Cheltenham debut. He'll do well for them, but he's still been terribly advised by his agent hunting for a nice payday. Proper fucked our chances of selling him for big money down the line for a few extra quid.