Ex Player watch | Page 50 | Vital Football

Ex Player watch

Ben Watson signs for newly purchased Charlton Athletic's (Thomas Sandgaard has acquired 100 per cent ownership today)
Good luck to both Ben & Charlton.

Bala Town have added further strength to their squad with the addition of former Wigan Athletic star Gary Roberts.

The Athletic have reported that ex-West Bromwich Albion boss Slaven Bilic didn’t favour the summer signing of outcast Cedric Kipre form Wigan Athletic.

In a deal totalling little under £1million, Kipre has only featured twice in the EFL Cup for his new side, having not yet made his Premier League debut.

Now, The Athletic are reporting that the deal was formulated by the club’s technical director Luke Dowling, with Bilic uninviting to the signing of Kipre.
With Bilic gone though and Sam Allardyce at The Hawthorns, Kipre might yet have a future at the club.
The Frenchman rejected a move to Blackburn Rovers to join the Baggies but it’s not worked out for him, and reports earlier in the season suggested that a Championship loan move might be on the cards next month.

It was a strange signing for West Brom to make.
They’ve a few centre-backs ahead of Kipre in the pecking order and he’s simply too good a player to be sitting on the sidelines at The Hawthorns.
His January exit might still be imminent – a host of Football League clubs would likely be up for taking the defender for the second-half of this season.

I had the misfortune of sitting through Fulham and Southampton's 0-0 snorefest on Boxing Day. I also had the fortune (or misfortune however you look at it) of seeing Jedi Robinson in action for Fulham. What a fantastic player he has turned into. I truly don't think a bigger bargain was had in the summer transfer window in this country. He truly deserved that move to AC Milan and we deserved that vastly superior cash windfall that we were set to get. As for Fulham, they will stay up if they sign a good striker in January.

He must have wanted too much money in the summer or I would have thought he would have been playing for us this season.
I would have had him over Massey if we could have chosen one of them.

Jamal Lowe scores yet again. Shit player (according to some) isn't he. :rofl:

Another one for him, 2 today, eight for the season. Good job he's so crap.

Last edited:
Toney was young and inexperienced with us, although was clearly a decent player because he always got into goalscoring positions and was good in the air as well, but ultimately missed too many chances that cost us points which at the time we could ill afford as we were going for promotion with a proven L1 goalscorer on the bench.

As he's grown up Toney has clearly worked very hard on converting those missed chances and this is the result. Good for him!