Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 98 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Never ever rated Margetts... wasn't it 50k that Scunthorpe were reported to have paid for him? I'd say that's the best of transfer business we did in our entire history.

Totally agree,wouldn`t have got a shirt in a decent pub team!

He must have the best agent in the business.

Last edited:
My most surreal LCFC moment was seeing Johnny Margetts running onto the Emirates turf and whilst standing there in the crowd i thought to myself DC definitely did have the power to "polish a turd"........and then 5 minutes later all i could see was a turd running around in an imps shirt.(13)

Living proof that with very little talent you can make a living out of football and play on the "big stage."
I can still see that miss at Dagenham & Redbridge.

Scunthorpe needed a striker during the transfer window, which was about to close, and they hadn't found one. They signed Margetts late in the evening on deadline day. To be fair to him, he had scored 5 in 7 league games, and 7 more in friendlies.

My most surreal LCFC moment was seeing Johnny Margetts running onto the Emirates turf and whilst standing there in the crowd i thought to myself DC definitely did have the power to "polish a turd"........and then 5 minutes later all i could see was a turd running around in an imps shirt.(13)

Living proof that with very little talent you can make a living out of football and play on the "big stage."
He was dreadful. His only contribution to that match was an awful challenge that he picked up a yellow card for.

I agree we got a brilliant deal selling him to the Scunts.

Sam Smith scored twice in Gold Coast Knights' 8-0 victory over Redlands United in the NPL Queensland. Smith's played in Australia since 2017, firstly with Gold Coast City and then South Melbourne and latterly Port Melbourne Sharks.

JMD (jordan maguire drew) winging his way towards Wembley via Leyton orient getting to the fa trophy finals.(2nd appearance there in 2 years?)
Had some key moments in this quarter final game.

Sam smith has done well here but to be honest the game v redlands was a non event . Redlands are struggling 5 or 6 had to play 18s 20s and first team . The centre back was 16. Sam will do well again in that league as its going backwards

Seems a bit harsh on Margetts... wasn't great or league standard but he had just scored four in a game... We had a lot worse at points.