Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 100 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

http://d3d4football.com/peterborough-united-every-2018-19-signing-rated-part-one/

Rated out of 5.

ALEX WOODYARD
Captain marvellous or that is how Evans and now Ferguson would have you believe, for that matter most Posh fans also are advocates. I have serious reservations. Signed from Lincoln in the summer and considering captain of the Posh can be a poisoned chalice. Just note Forrester and Baldwin in previous seasons. Woodyard was bestowed the honour of captaincy.

What makes this even more baffling, in some ways Alex was brought in to cover the gaping hole left by Anthony Grant’s departure, in which he hasn’t. He is a more attack-minded midfielder, however he seems incapable to communicate with team-mates and goes missing all too often. However, this season it’s only opposing fans who understand my views, as to most he is a true London Road hero.

2 stars

Anthony Grant must have been a very defensive CM!

Woodyard. Attacking. Does not compute. o_O
Alex Woodyard has been on the bench for the last two matches for Posh. He was taken off in the previous two matches to them. Posh were chasing both of those games so the changes may have been tactical rather than due to poor performance.

Ian McFarlane writing on d3d4 website which there is a link to earlier in this thread said that Woodyard is regarded by many supporters as a "true London Road hero". There is no evidence of that status in the area where I sit in the Abax Stadium.

My opinion is that Woodyard does what you would expect him to. Covers well, wins the ball back and then makes a simple ball to get his team going forward. Probably reached his level in League One. Compare that to Boswick who was good at this level, Angol who, frankly, struggled in League 1 and O'Hara who wasn't given much chance to show what he could do. Neither was Harry Anderson.

Finally, for what it is worth. The guy who sits in front of me had heard rumours in the mid season transfer window that Woodyard was wanting to be away and back to Lincoln.

Ollie Palmer got his 14th of the season. Decent signing for Crawley really. When I googled to see how many goals he's scored this season came up with a transfer window story suggesting Sunderland should sign him...!

Ollie Palmer got his 14th of the season. Decent signing for Crawley really. When I googled to see how many goals he's scored this season came up with a transfer window story suggesting Sunderland should sign him...!
Although some Crawley fans think they should get rid of him because he goes missing and doesn't look bothered.

Although some Crawley fans think they should get rid of him because he goes missing and doesn't look bothered.
Interesting because I would say the one thing you wouldn't accuse of him here last season was lack of effort. Was lack of quality that prevented him being a regular starter I would have said