Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Spencer Weir-Daley has moved from AFC Rushden & Diamonds to fellow Southern League Premier Division Central club Barwell.

An update on some former Imps:

Aristide Bassele is currently playing for Margate.
James Caton for Warrington Town.
Waide Fairhurst for Sheffield FC.
Johan ter Horst for Folkestone.
Jefferson Louis for Farnborough.
David Morgan for Southport.
Richard Pacquette for Thamesmead Town.
Adam Porritt for Ossett United.
Jamie Taylor for Three Bridges.
Andrew Wright for Coalville Town.

An update on some former Imps:

Aristide Bassele is currently playing for Margate.
James Caton for Warrington Town.
Waide Fairhurst for Sheffield FC.
Johan ter Horst for Folkestone.
Jefferson Louis for Farnborough.
David Morgan for Southport.
Richard Pacquette for Thamesmead Town.
Adam Porritt for Ossett United.
Jamie Taylor for Three Bridges.
Andrew Wright for Coalville Town.
Not many doing very well. And where the heck do you get time to do this Scotimp?

Great work BTW

Raggett to Norwich is what is called a" doldrums deal"........agent promises player a top move,uses contacts in signing club to close it off,(never a chance he was going to break into first 11...they already had a hatful of cb`s)..agent doesn`t give a monkey`s about that fact just salivating over his potential dosh.

AGENT pockets large cheque and drives into the sunset, player gets large dose of splinters and angered about how he is now going to spend his Saturday....losing fitness and confidence along the way.

Well done agent for getting the best deal for your player....NOT.
No game time=doldrums deal.
result Raggs off on season loan to MILLERS still getting splinters.
Agent Mr 5% of total value of the contract forgets about his LAD Raggs till next churn date of contract.
AGENTS/SLIMEYS don`t you love them!

It's the agents job to try to secure the best deal for their player . It's the players job to judge for themselves if they are good enough to play at the level they are moving to. In this case so far Raggett has shown that he isn't good enough to force his way into 2 teams at Championship level. That isn't the fault of the agent.

One of the many players we seemed to get in on loan around that time purely to have a look at them in training ahead of the following season.

James Caton 7th tier I believe that is! DC obviously held off a contract with good reason.

As I recall, we offered a contract but could not conclude a deal. That would suggest it was Caton (and perhaps his advisors) who was the problem. So he ended up at Southport and then Dover instead of being part of the season to end all seasons.

As I recall, we offered a contract but could not conclude a deal. That would suggest it was Caton (and perhaps his advisors) who was the problem. So he ended up at Southport and then Dover instead of being part of the season to end all seasons.

I thought it was the availability of Arnold that lead to him not joining!

I thought it was the availability of Arnold that lead to him not joining!

Possibly right, but Arnold only signed a few days before the season started. The Caton saga was ongoing, as he had been with us since the start of pre-season training at the end of June.

TBH DC waiting to see who became available is my recollection of it but I could easily be persuaded otherwise by something as reliable as a newspaper item :unsure: at the time disputing that.