Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 235 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Before I retire, Notty, wildly off topic. What is your opinion of the performance of Sir Nigel Starmer Smith as leader of the Labour Party. Personally I would sooner have Lisa Nandy.

Which one of those is ex-imp? 😉

I think whoever is leader of Labour will take a thorough beating from the English press.

On that theme, I give you Neil Kinnock. He sorted Militant and was credible but was easily defeated by the "last out turn out the lights" headlines.

England is essentially a quite extreme right-wing country. It is in hock to Empire, the Royal famiy and the Tory party.

I'm afraid Lisa Nandy - or any other left politician - stands little chance against that.

I should add I spent my whole life advocating - professionaly and personally - for a fairer society.

Sadly, my fellow English citizens don't seem to much agree with me.

Not much I can do about that.

I think you are probably wrong. As a "moderate"" lefty I think she would prevail and win a General Election, certainly more likely to than the negative Knight. We shall see, I fancy her.

That lass would have no problem with a bacon barm.

Good to hear. How does she persuade the English electorate not to be a bunch of fore-lock tugging, cap-doffing, anti-foreigner, anti-EU, lttle-Englander, English exceptionalist, Royalist supporting, Brexit supporting, anti-intellectual dimwits to vote for her?

Good to hear. How does she persuade the English electorate not to be a bunch of fore-lock tugging, cap-doffing, anti-foreigner, anti-EU, lttle-Englander, English exceptionalist, Royalist supporting, Brexit supporting, anti-intellectual dimwits to vote for her?
Blair did it, and she's brighter than him.

Blair did it, and she's brighter than him.

Different times, I'm afraid.

I spent today in my professional capacity trying to persuade a young person that their disability wouldn't exclude them from work and a decent career.

I did my best. No-one else seems to give a fuck.

That lass would have no problem with a bacon barm.

Bacon butties are culturally quite a distance from her Westminster School, Christ Church College Oxford educated grand-father, Lord Byers, leader of the House of Lords, Lieutenant Colonel and Gray's Inn Lawyer. Mind you they are also a distance from her Bengali born, lecturer, equal rights advocate father.

An interesting background indeed.

Bacon butties are culturally quite a distance from her Westminster School, Christ Church College Oxford educated grand-father, Lord Byers, leader of the House of Lords, Lieutenant Colonel and Gray's Inn Lawyer. Mind you they are also a distance from her Bengali born, lecturer, equal rights advocate father.

An interesting background indeed.

It's almost as if there's a political elite regardless of left/right orientation.

I doubt my bright young working-class disabled student of today has much hope of genuine political representation.

She's not even sure she'll even ever have a jib.

I should add I spent my whole life advocating - professionaly and personally - for a fairer society.

Sadly, my fellow English citizens don't seem to much agree with me.

Not much I can do about that.
Just a thought Notty, it may have something to do with how you communicate with people. In the past when posters have disagreed with your political opinions you resort to personal abuse, foul language and insults to degenerate them to try to convince others you are right. I spot a weakness in your ability to persuade anyone to change their views when you fail to calmly argue a point.
I may add I sometimes agree with your points but it’s just easier and more fun to wind you up and let you go....on...and on...and on...

Just a thought Notty, it may have something to do with how you communicate with people. In the past when posters have disagreed with your political opinions you resort to personal abuse, foul language and insults to degenerate them to try to convince others you are right. I spot a weakness in your ability to persuade anyone to change their views when you fail to calmly argue a point.
I may add I sometimes agree with your points but it’s just easier and more fun to wind you up and let you go....on...and on...and on...

Fair points, johnolbe, which is why I still debate with you!

But this topic needs to get back on-topic, so enough of that!

but don't you find that politics these days is much a muchness? if it was a goal kick in a football match they would all clash heads going for the ball. They are all individuals out for themselves. Of course you get extremes like Corbyn who should have been born behind the iron curtain and Duncan-Smith in Nazi Germany.

but don't you find that politics these days is much a muchness? if it was a goal kick in a football match they would all clash heads going for the ball. They are all individuals out for themselves. Of course you get extremes like Corbyn who should have been born behind the iron curtain and Duncan-Smith in Nazi Germany.

Look, I'm trying to get this back on topic! And it wasn't even me that took it off topic! :lol: