Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 237 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Just been having a general chat with someone, and the subject of the Cowleys came up, and how well Huddersfield have done with their new manager! It prompted me to look at the respective records, and in 2 matches time, each will have played 40 games. As it stands

1617705381948.png
I’m pleased it’s worked so well for Huddersfield. Things seem to be working out well at Portsmouth at the moment, and as others have said, it would be ironic if they take our place in the play-offs

As far as the Imps are concerned, whatever the outcome, it will have been a good season for me, other than not being able to watch

That doesn't surprise me at all, and I'm sure the Cowleys would have improved on last year's performance had they been allowed to continue.

That said I have persused DATM (Huddersfield form) once or twice and last time I checked many seemed to be happy with Corberan, saying they were playing better football until they had an injury crisis. The prevailing thinking is that the Cowleys had a better squad last year than Corberan has this year, and that Corberan is working on a much smaller budget. Who knows? I can't see Huddersfield threatening the top 6 any time soon, though.

Just been having a general chat with someone, and the subject of the Cowleys came up, and how well Huddersfield have done with their new manager! It prompted me to look at the respective records, and in 2 matches time, each will have played 40 games. As it stands

View attachment 47309
I’m pleased it’s worked so well for Huddersfield. Things seem to be working out well at Portsmouth at the moment, and as others have said, it would be ironic if they take our place in the play-offs

As far as the Imps are concerned, whatever the outcome, it will have been a good season for me, other than not being able to watch
The Cowley stats aren't quite right:
P39 W13 D11 L15 F46 A55 Pts50 PPG1.28

I still find it impossible to believe that any football supporter can fail to see what a great job they did in reversing Huddersfield's freefall. They had won one of their previous thirty-one games and the run they were on over the course of little more than a year was incredible: P57 W4 D8 L45 F38 A101. And yet they complain about the style of football instead.

The Cowley stats aren't quite right:
P39 W13 D11 L15 F46 A55 Pts50 PPG1.28

I still find it impossible to believe that any football supporter can fail to see what a great job they did in reversing Huddersfield's freefall. They had won one of their previous thirty-one games and the run they were on over the course of little more than a year was incredible: P57 W4 D8 L45 F38 A101. And yet they complain about the style of football instead.

Interesting re the stats. I picked those up from a regional paper which I can't now find, but in doing so came across an Echo report saying they won 13 out of 40 games and had 51 points!!

Interesting re the stats. I picked those up from a regional paper which I can't now find, but in doing so came across an Echo report saying they won 13 out of 40 games and had 51 points!!
The Cowleys were appointed after six games (9 September 2019) and sacked after forty-five (19 July 2020). Stats found online in particular are frequently wrong in my experience. It depends on who has done the compiling and how diligent they have been, which is a lottery to say the least. I prefer to do my own.

The reduction to thirty-nine games makes their PPG figure higher than your original, thus increasing the differential between them and Corberan. Very strange that Huddersfield fans are happier with fewer points but 'better' football. Further, Corberan's record over the last seventeen games is terrible: P17 W2 D6 L9. I hope they are enjoying that run under their scintillating new manager.

I wonder how many points DC would have had by this stage, had he been given the last two transfer windows?

I suspect Hudds manager's record isn't improving tonight as they are four goals down in less than half an hour.
Came in to say the dog botherers are getting pumped 4-0. Maybe the tide of opinion will finally start to turn on DATM...teams often tend to carry form into the next season, which would not be good for them.

strictly-come-dancing-show-sweet-montage-of-len-goodman-ts_-00_01_14_04-still031.jpg