Ex-Imps Discussion Thread | Page 212 | Vital Football

Ex-Imps Discussion Thread

Derek Assamoah, remember him? Was substitute for Cheshunt last night in their FA Trophy win at Lowestoft. Cheshunt also have Taylor Miles in their ranks, however he is currently injured.

Funny, I was reading back to earlier threads (October-ish) and comments about our former permanent and loan players and that we should maybe have kept so-and-so. I’m not saying we didn’t think they were great for us at the time but I wonder how many would now say we should have hung on to some of our established players, some of whom are in non-league, some succumbing to injuries and even the likes of Joe Morrell (now at Luton) who we really rated in midfield at the time. Would we swop any of them for any of our current squad? I loved some of them, especially Rheady, but personally the only one I would have back is Harry Toffolo. Time moves on and we progress with a team and manager building for the Championship. UTMI

Funny, I was reading back to earlier threads (October-ish) and comments about our former permanent and loan players and that we should maybe have kept so-and-so. I’m not saying we didn’t think they were great for us at the time but I wonder how many would now say we should have hung on to some of our established players, some of whom are in non-league, some succumbing to injuries and even the likes of Joe Morrell (now at Luton) who we really rated in midfield at the time. Would we swop any of them for any of our current squad? I loved some of them, especially Rheady, but personally the only one I would have back is Harry Toffolo. Time moves on and we progress with a team and manager building for the Championship. UTMI

Absolutely. I could kind of understand the yearning of some, last season, to have the old guard back, when our curtailed season was petering out.

Clearly, that was because we needed a wholesale clearout for MApp to implement his method.

This year, I'm just waiting for Jez or MApp to pull another rabbit out of the hat.

Exciting times!

Even Eardley and Bostwick have not been missed, so that is definitely saying something.

Even Eardley and Bostwick have not been missed, so that is definitely saying something.

Eardley would be worth his wages just to teach our lot how to cross. If there is one thing that has frustrated me at times, it is the lack of consistent quality balls into the box from the flanks.