Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread Thursday KO 6pm | Page 2 | Vital Football

Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread Thursday KO 6pm

We can beat them, but whether we do is another matter entirely - for all the criticism levelled at Palace they did have their moments in the game and I thought Ayew's work to try to regain possession was first class.

WHen was the last run like that!? I couldn't remember the last win, full stop, until we beat Palace!

In the league Watford at home. 6 bloody months ago. In all competitions the semi final second leg which took place a few days after the Watford game.

Ashley Young’s winner after Jolene equalised in stoppage time.

Scenes .
We have had a few decent memories at Everton's expense down the years haven't we....
Third replay and Chris Nicholl's pile-driver. I was behind that goal and was convinced he was on the halfway line. Stupid videos ruined it for me...
Tony Morley's goal of the season in 81.
6-2 at home and match being billed as the battle between the two ManUre Fergie cast-offs, Whiteside vs God. God won.
Merson's volleyed chip of the keeper from 30 yards in quagmire conditions.
Young's last second winner at Goodison when Martin Laursen somehow caught up with him in milli-seconds to celebrate....

I hope the Villa from the 2nd half vs Palace turns up instead of the Villa from this season on the whole so far. 🙏🤲🤲

Spoke to a few Everton fans in recent days, like most fans they think their team is shit, albeit slightly better drilled and organised shit than ours, with a powder puff midfield (snap).

They also reckon there season is over and the players are barely going through the motions.

This is it - don't win and its all over.

Regardless of how poor they are, we have to play like we did in the 2nd half vs Palace. Go on the offensive. If still the team plays like crap with no desire, never mind skill or creativity, then we do not deserve to be in the league.

I know Palace were already on holiday mode when they played us but it pisses me of thinking that we could have been much higher than we are at if only we had played like we did in the 2nd half vs Palace in at least the games after the restart let alone since the season start.😔😔

4 points behind with 3 games to go...we need the win! Stick with same team as played Palace with Targett in for Taylor. The backline, SJM, Conor and Trez all stepped up to match the much improved Luiz last weekend. We need the same again from these players and hopefully Samatta can find some scoring form. We need to show that we want the 3 points more than Everton!

It's such an important game and I have my anniversary tonight. The missus has had the final word so it looks like I won't be watching. I have no idea how I'm going to deal with it, but hey ho! Maybe I'll just get her really drunk so she falls asleep before six!

At the moment I have no expectations, but will say that if we win I will start to believe. 1 point in it with two winnable games to go is far from over. Come on Villa!!!!

4 points behind with 3 games to go...we need the win! Stick with same team as played Palace with Targett in for Taylor. The backline, SJM, Conor and Trez all stepped up to match the much improved Luiz last weekend. We need the same again from these players and hopefully Samatta can find some scoring form. We need to show that we want the 3 points more than Everton!

I think he will stick with the same team it's the easy option and follows the mentality of your average football fan. I think he will end up subbing those 4 players after an hour as Everton are a big rough side and better than Palace. I hope we can hang on that long .
Trez is a headless chicken, but gives it his all every game

Hourihane is ok when there are plenty of fouls on Jack in the left channel, otherwise, you may as well play a traffic cone in the 14 shirt.

SJM is getting there, it will be bonus if he's back to speed, he is the main man along with Dougie in the midfield

Samatta will get battered by their two CB's, let hope the next one that lands at his feet in the six-yard box doesn't end up in our net 20 seconds later.