Euros | Page 34 | Vital Football

Euros

I find it interesting how few of the better teams are playing 4-2-3-1. In fact, I haven’t seen any of the bigger nations play with 2 holding midfielders. Germany have been quite bold in reverting to 3 at the back when they lost to North Macedonia playing that way, but Hummels coming back in from the cold makes it much easier for them.

England’s 4-2-3-1 really is a lot like Forest’s; two CDMs doing the same job, lots of backward passing, the striker getting isolated and having very little to work with, and wingers having to drop towards the full-backs and recycle the ball. You then become reliant on crosses from deep and set-pieces to break the opposition down.

I find it interesting how few of the better teams are playing 4-2-3-1. In fact, I haven’t seen any of the bigger nations play with 2 holding midfielders. Germany have been quite bold in reverting to 3 at the back when they lost to North Macedonia playing that way, but Hummels coming back in from the cold makes it much easier for them.

England’s 4-2-3-1 really is a lot like Forest’s; two CDMs doing the same job, lots of backward passing, the striker getting isolated and having very little to work with, and wingers having to drop towards the full-backs and recycle the ball. You then become reliant on crosses from deep and set-pieces to break the opposition down.

I said exactly the same. We played just like Forest on Friday

Gunter at left centre back was always going to result in them peppering that area with balls. Lucky not to concede more really.

The formation can work but you need at least one of the two deep lying midfielders to be a sort of quarter-back, getting the ball and dictating play or he needs to be able to go forwards well, breaking from deep so as to avoid being tracked.

Phillips did that well against Croatia but was stifled against Scotland both by the opposition and by the fact that the rest of our play was so slow.

Completely agree. Two CDM’s is primarily a set up to defend and hold particularly if two full backs do not push on to byeline and constantly pass back. I expect more of the same in next game as these group games are more about not losing. When we come to knockout, set up may change or instructions maybe more positive. Kane is on his own, similar to Grabban because he is isolated. Wide men of front three need to be closer to Kane. They are holding wide position because full backs not pushing on.

Lots written about England’s CD’s and the need for protection via two CDM’s or three at the back. Netherlands, Belgium’s and Germany’s defence has looked circumspect. France has been the only one that looked solid and that wavered at times v Hungry. They do have pace though.

Why did you assume it was you. Just admit vaccines are effective.

Vaccines have varying levels of efficacy, depending on type and variant. Is that too confusing for you princess? Probably because you can't tell the difference between 10% and 90%.

Which incidentally you denied saying, I posted your quote and then you mysteriously disappeared and refused to comment on. Why not admit you made a mistake? You can hardly pull others up on it when you won't lolz

Vaccines have varying levels of efficacy, depending on type and variant. Is that too confusing for you princess? Probably because you can't tell the difference between 10% and 90%.

Which incidentally you denied saying, I posted your quote and then you mysteriously disappeared and refused to comment on. Why not admit you made a mistake? You can hardly pull others up on it when you won't lolz

It is you that repeatedly stated they were ineffective only to be proven very wrong. Now you come out with a very weasel worded statement about various efficacy levels but they are all effective.

As for the rest of your statement this is you once again making things up.

Do you ever write a sentence without LOL in it or is it a Cameronism

I said exactly the same. We played just like Forest on Friday

Both sides are pure dogshit and thrive off over promising , under delivering and stealing the fans' time and money, so it goes without saying that they would emulate each other.

It is you that repeatedly stated they were ineffective only to be proven very wrong. Now you come out with a very weasel worded statement about various efficacy levels but they are all effective.

As for the rest of your statement this is you once again making things up.

Do you ever write a sentence without LOL in it or is it a Cameronism

Do we need to copy and paste again lol

I referenced a study.

Posted the study (something you're incapable of doing to back up your delusions)

You couldn't read the study and mistook 10% for 90 % because you're a halfwit.

You've subsequently refused to admit your error like a little bitch.

Or like the time you claimed AZ had released a statement blaming the EU.

Nobody could find said statement but they could find a statement from AZ explaining production difficulties in India.

You are a delusional fantasist who is probably a DF alt, same IQ, same divorce from reality.

I referenced a study.

Posted the study (something you're incapable of doing to back up your delusions)

Nobody could find said statement but they could find a statement from AZ explaining production difficulties in India.

You are a delusional fantasist who is probably a DF alt, same IQ, same divorce from reality.

Says the man who continues to state vaccines are ineffective and misquotes studies. LOL.

Says the man who continues to state vaccines are ineffective and misquotes studies. LOL.

No,I quoted correctly. You quoted it incorrectly you mug lolz

Want me to copy and paste again with say a decent bottle of scotch as a wager? Lets see who was right :)

Let me guess you'll make some excuse or just disappear for a few days again...

Completely agree. Two CDM’s is primarily a set up to defend and hold particularly if two full backs do not push on to byeline and constantly pass back. I expect more of the same in next game as these group games are more about not losing. When we come to knockout, set up may change or instructions maybe more positive. Kane is on his own, similar to Grabban because he is isolated. Wide men of front three need to be closer to Kane. They are holding wide position because full backs not pushing on.

Lots written about England’s CD’s and the need for protection via two CDM’s or three at the back. Netherlands, Belgium’s and Germany’s defence has looked circumspect. France has been the only one that looked solid and that wavered at times v Hungry. They do have pace though.
As shaky as our defence is, any 4 of the 8 defenders we have in our squad would be first choice for Belgium.
Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Denayer wouldn't be selected for our squad, with Meunier as a right back who is decent, he isn't better than TAA, AWB, Walker or James. They also select Dendonkey in the 11 too!
Granted they have Lukaku and De Bruyne, but it is the mindset for me which is the biggest difference. Our manager is woeful, and it is he alone which will stop England getting the very best out of our players

I referenced a study.

You are odd. You sometimes make some very interesting statements and other times you completely misread others statements. When proven incorrect you revert to wild accusations and personal statements and insults. You do yourself a misjustice. LOL.

Billy Gilmore has tested positive in Scotland squad, which consists of 26 players + other staff, but he has had no close contacts who would also need to self isolate, surely that can't be right can it or is he the original Billy no mates

It now seems that he has been in close contact with 2 of his Chelsea mates in the England squad, Mount & Chilwell and they are self isolating, surely the squads are in "bubbles" or are they not bothering, all seems a bit strange no close contact with your team mates but close contact with 2 opposition players

It now seems that he has been in close contact with 2 of his Chelsea mates in the England squad, Mount & Chilwell and they are self isolating, surely the squads are in "bubbles" or are they not bothering, all seems a bit strange no close contact with your team mates but close contact with 2 opposition players

That tells you everything you need to know about the modern footballer.