Euros | Page 74 | Vital Football

Euros

As an aside it would be interesting to know what the Italians and Spanish think about potentially playing us in the final.

I know we have largely been pouring cold water on our chances but I am guessing they will be wary of playing us too.
I don't think they will.

I don't think they will.
I don’t see why not. They are football fans just like us so they will have opinions. We have won every game bar one and we haven’t conceded so there should be some level of concern that we can cause them problems.

If they are arrogant enough to think they can just turn up then they deserve to have their dreams shattered.

What do you mean by 'hunger'?
Spain won everything there was to win less than a decade ago. There are players in this squad (I think) who were part of that, at least towards the end.

Italy last won something 15 years ago, haven't won this one for 50 years and were beaten finalists in 12'. Their squad feels hungrier for it

Spain won everything there was to win less than a decade ago. There are players in this squad (I think) who were part of that, at least towards the end.

Italy last won something 15 years ago, haven't won this one for 50 years and were beaten finalists in 12'. Their squad feels hungrier for it

Ah ok, with you now Pope. I thought you were saying Italy had more hunger than England.

Cracking goal

I don’t see why not. They are football fans just like us so they will have opinions. We have won every game bar one and we haven’t conceded so there should be some level of concern that we can cause them problems.

If they are arrogant enough to think they can just turn up then they deserve to have their dreams shattered.
I suspect Italy will look on England much as England looks on Denmark tomorrow; with respect, acknowledging that England are capable of beating them if they don't play well, but believing that, all things being equal, they should be better and should win.

I suspect Italy will look on England much as England looks on Denmark tomorrow; with respect, acknowledging that England are capable of beating them if they don't play well, but believing that, all things being equal, they should be better and should win.
That I would agree with. Their own form through this tournament would probably be enough to convince any doubters in their own ranks that they are the better team.

I think tomorrow could tell us an awful lot about whether we really are good enough.

First thing for us is to win but I would like us to win well and continue the momentum. I look at that Denmark team and think it is a very good, solid team and it’s going to be a tough game tomorrow.