Euros | Page 73 | Vital Football

Euros

National anthems on. Apparently one in twenty people are tone deaf. Anyone ever investigated why they are all footballers !?

doesnt matter who the opposition is if they dont get the ball :) Not sure why folk dont like Spains style, I find it fascinating, maybe i got swayed after watching it for a number of years now

doesnt matter who the opposition is if they dont get the ball :) Not sure why folk dont like Spains style, I find it fascinating, maybe i got swayed after watching it for a number of years now
I know a few people who love it but I struggle to watch it. Possession for possession’s sake rather than with any real intent. I admire the ability but I like a bit more entertainment even if it comes with more risk.

I know a few people who love it but I struggle to watch it. Possession for possession’s sake rather than with any real intent. I admire the ability but I like a bit more entertainment even if it comes with more risk.
i used to think that, but then you see the stats at the end of every game and its typically 10 attempts on goal every match. For sure tho, you cant help wishing they had a Harry Kane up front half the time

Spain on top but Italy still threatening, that Spinazzola seems a big miss for Italy not the same threat down that side. So far I'd rather face Italy if we get through, Spain still have that brutal possession football that we struggle with.

i used to think that, but then you see the stats at the end of every game and its typically 10 attempts on goal every match. For sure tho, you cant help wishing they had a Harry Kane up front half the time
I think part of it for me is growing up in the 80s and the football we saw through that decade and into the 90s.

As I say I can appreciate the skill and I know that the game has moved on but there is nothing better than an end to end game that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

As for attempts on goal, these days a punt in the general direction is classed as an ‘attempt’ so for me stats are one thing but the way a game has made you feel is the best indicator and if I finish watching a game thinking ‘shit that was good’ then the score and the styles don’t really matter.

I would rather England play Spain than Italy, if England were to earn that priviledge.

I think Spain are beatable by this England side. I'm not so sure about Italy. Italy have more hunger as well, I think

Spain playing in white, we were talking about sides wearing away kits even if not clashing a bit back.

I would rather England play Spain than Italy, if England were to earn that priviledge.

I think Spain are beatable by this England side. I'm not so sure about Italy. Italy have more hunger as well, I think

im thinking the other way around, im not sure our midfield would get near the ball against Spain.. but its all interesting either way

Based on the styles, England v Italy would play out as a boxing match with the teams trading chances whereas England v Spain would be more of a chess match with both teams trying to keep possession and capitalise on each other’s mistakes.

Spain are largely awful in front of goal and look slower than Italy although the Italian centre backs could be very vulnerable to pace.

I would rather play Spain but I think Italy will win this. They will catch Spain out once too often and Spain will regret their lack of potency up front.

As an aside it would be interesting to know what the Italians and Spanish think about potentially playing us in the final.

I know we have largely been pouring cold water on our chances but I am guessing they will be wary of playing us too.