Euros 20/21 Thread | Page 54 | Vital Football

Euros 20/21 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't quite work Spain out. As you'd expect, technically good but it feels like they have to work *really* hard to score a goal.

It comes down to their lack of precision in front of goal. They have had loads of chances in every game, the XG numbers are incredible

Against Sweden (0-0) 2.57
Against Poland (1-1) 3.18
Against Slovakia (5-0) 3.63
Against Croatia (5-3) 4.43
Against Switzerland (1-1) 3.50

To put it in perspective the Xg for England-Germany was 1.31 - 1.28

It comes down to their lack of precision in front of goal. They have had loads of chances in every game, the XG numbers are incredible

12 goals in five games. not bad when not precise. Are they top scorers in the competition…

I don’t pretend to understand XG but when England scored 2 tap ins I never quite understand why XG isn’t at least 2.

I don’t pretend to understand XG but when England scored 2 tap ins I never quite understand why XG isn’t at least 2.

Neither do I, there's still something about it which makes me think it's being run by Catweazle, but it's a comparative measure at least.

And of those 12 goals Spain have scored (against their 17+ from Xg, two were own goals and own goals count for zero.

Italy have looked good but their antics v Belgium left a bad taste. Plenty of comments about Immobile's 'Lazarus' moment, less than 3 week's after Christian Eriksen's collapse.

So I'd like to see Spain win this one, though they may be as bad.

Just book them until they stop it. If you want to be generous, give a warning on the first offence, tell the team captain the next and all subsequent simulations will be booked and then let rip with the cards.

They'll soon stop it.

Just book them until they stop it. If you want to be generous, give a warning on the first offence, tell the team captain the next and all subsequent simulations will be booked and then let rip with the cards.

They'll soon stop it.
Yeh, but it's Spain & Italy - they are two of the teams that can get away with stuff (see also Portugal, Brazil).

looking forward to the Euro Simulation Final tonight - expect Wembley to look more like a skating rink than a footy pitch
?? Strange comparison. In general skaters try to stay on their feet, even the beginners whereas in Football the beginners tend to have no problems whereas it is the experts that have balance issues!!!

They'll soon stop it.

Fine the manager and every member of the coaching staff for every simulation or dissent booking. 10 grand for each member of the staff for each one, wouldn't last beyond 3 games...

Italy have looked good but their antics v Belgium left a bad taste. Plenty of comments about Immobile's 'Lazarus' moment, less than 3 week's after Christian Eriksen's collapse.

So I'd like to see Spain win this one, though they may be as bad.

The last 21 minutes of the Italy / Belgium game saw the ball in play for precisely 9 minutes apparently. I bet Danny and Nicky were nodding approvingly!

Can't wait to see our goal kicks being taken by the centre half who rolls it to the keeper in the six yard box next season. One can only assume Italy think their keepers distribution is better than their centre halves?

If Spain get through (and England of course) I hope Southgate has noticed how the Spanish keeper gets caught in no mans land quite often

If Spain get through (and England of course) I hope Southgate has noticed how the Spanish keeper gets caught in no mans land quite often

He chickened out of the potential challenge when Italy got the ball on the edge of the box early on and couldn't find a shot...

Status
Not open for further replies.