Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 71 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

The UK achieved its present state of structural unemployment, economic inequality and general mediocrity while being in the EU and so I am totally confident that we can continue to achieve the same when we are out of it.

We are now expecting a key statement next Tuesday from Teresa May on Brexit

http://news.sky.com/story/theresa-may-expected-to-outline-brexit-strategy-on-tuesday-10726281

which brexit? hard brexit, soft brexit or red white and blue brexit?

I hope her statement says we are ready, we recognise we were idiots delaying it, we should have put it through the house of commons as a short form bill but we are all novices and now that will be done and we will get on with things.

I didn't vote to leave but the majority did, so get the buggering hell on with it and make democracy work.

Well This Week on BBC1 Thursday nights is a good watch and very good at clearing through the bullshit, and they were pointing out last night that we will probably be out of the single market and the customs union due to the fact that the EU will not move on the free movement of people. Fine with me, it is time that UK businesses planned for that. I'm not sure why people are so confused.

Yes, I always enjoy this week... it's on my auto record list.

People are confused because of the messages from the confused MP's Wurzel and the mixed messages they and the press send out.

I do worry that the stronger than expected economy will add fire to the Hard Brexiteer's arguments. The pain is coming, whatever is happening now. We shouldn't be fooled into thinking a full exit is the best option.

Let's see how people feel as the weak pound pushes up prices for imports and inflation creeps up over the next year.

It is fantastic news that the economy is doing well and is a clear indication that the Remain side were lying through their teeth. To wish that the economy would be doing badly is insanity. Full exit will be the only option because the EU will not bend on their demands for free movement. Time to get used to it.

People will feel fine when we are rewarded with a much improved economy while the EU heads into choppy waters.

Most leavers predicted a fall in the economy, not just remainers. It's something that isn't really rational or explainable, but it certainly wasn't lies. Calling me a liar does not help the debate. I was wrong, not trying to deceive you.

I can only assume that people are just carrying on as normal, some in the hope that we won't exit, some thinking it will be a soft exit and some just so out of the loop they don't care.

When people are worse off as time goes on, then we can revisit this.

I'm not calling you a liar, you did not have a prominent role in the remain side, you were just lied to by Prime ministers, presidents, governors of the bank of England, chancellors of the Exchequer, the IMF etc.

No, I worked in finance for over 20 years and made my own judgement. I also spoke to the managers of most of the major UK funds and they agreed.

Like many things this year, it defies logic.

And they probably came to that conclusion because they believed the sexed up nonsense from the likes of the IMF and the government. No shame in believing that, just shame for the politicians and cronies involved.

No, I'm saying that you were given, as we all were, the information from organisations and government departments that at best gave the bleakest possible outcome of a Brexit vote, and they continue to do so. Not sure what your length of service has to do with anything.

Well, I would have thought that after the time specified I would be capable of separating the crap from the true story.

I am telling you that I made my own assessment, based on information I sourced and my knowledge of economics, markets, currencies and any other financial influence possible. If you are insinuating otherwise, you are insulting my integrity.

The fact that it hasn't happened yet does not mean it won't. Economics is not a Science, but it does have underlying principals that cannot be ignored.

Wurzel - 13/1/2017 18:13

No, I'm saying that you were given, as we all were, the information from organisations and government departments that at best gave the bleakest possible outcome of a Brexit vote.

Is this not a direct contradiction to what I posted? Does this not imply I was wasting my time and conning my clients that I was actually working for their best interests? That I was basically just a stooge for whatever power was influencing me at any one time?

I'm all grown up now, and fully capable of making my own conclusions.

No not at all, you like anybody else can only go on the information available to you, and the information from those organisations carries a lot of weight. Personally I believe they deliberately mislead the people , an opinion backed up by the fact that they got a US President to lie and say we would be at the back of a queue when it came to a trade deal even though he knew there was no queue to be the back of.

And I can tell you, my assessment was similar to their's, and I did my own research and economic modelling. I can't speak for their actions, but mine were for the benefit of my clients.

Fund managers will also go their own way, looking for a way to make money over and above the market average. They don't do this by towing the line.