Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 240 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

There are though a number of posts in this thread accusing leavers of being thick racists. I agree its aggressive nonsense but for balance there is this on both sides.

Well, that's unacceptable too, and I personally deplore that kind of language. However, I think there is a difference between speaking generally about leavers being "thick" and specifically suggesting that those on this thread who feel Brexit is not a good idea are, for example, "dummy spitters". The former is patronising and unhelpful whilst the latter is personally insulting.
We should all try to learn to be hard on the problem and considerate towards each other.

I would guess that Brexit is going to lead to a lot more illegal immigration. At the moment, a lot of the shitty jobs that British people don't want are done by Eastern Europeans. Post Brexit, they will have no right to work in the UK so either they stay and work illegally or some other illegals will come and do the work.

Perhaps Britain could do some kind of deal with Bangladesh to send workers to the UK like Malaysia did?

There are though a number of posts in this thread accusing leavers of being thick racists. I agree its aggressive nonsense but for balance there is this on both sides.

Iv'e said a number of times in the thread both sides are / can be as bad.

But I'm addressing this particular poster who seems to be thinking all of us snowdrops are getting offended. I can see no one at all offended and people interestingly trying to understand the other side of the argument. You've debated the points well and not been abusive, it is doable.

As said, it isn't your fault, my fault or any of the publics fault that this is all a mess but there is a war between factions now and that plays into the elite, fed by the press (many of whom are owned by the elite)

It's a ridiculous angry split and it isn't going to end well by the looks of it.

I think you've admitted there not understanding what leave is about. Less foreigners. OK really that's it, yes we're all thick racists, close the borders, no more foreign workers, no immigration. Jeez may as well join the NF

But he's asking, not saying you are all right wing nuts. Of course there is a rise in the right wing, that's being slowly but surely more covered in reports. But equally, we have a rise in the extreme left as well.

There are many of us who voted remain, understand there are problems in the EU, but genuinely don't get what the gain is. So when people who voted leave come in to debate, we are trying to understand where the win is.

It looks a gamble to me, for not a lot (or any) gain but others are totally sure things will be so much better when out. Great. But I don't see very often why that is so.

That's not calling those who voted out (52% of those who could be arsed to get off their arses and vote) thick, or racist - some are, fed by Farage and that despicable poster and non fact checked bull about foreigners coming over here to be treated for free with aids. But certainly there will be a % of remainers who are yukky characters with yukky traits as well.

Everyone is so entrenched these days. It's horrible really.

Irish backstop is the biggest thing mate,it only took 60 odd years for peace I don't see that part of any deal sorted out anytime soon

That is what is holding the deal up! Part 1 and 2 of it have been sorted and signed off. It's only part 3 and the main of the Irish border that hasnt been sorted.

There was a deal on that however Boris and co wouldnt vote for it under May.

This would have been done and dusted if it wasnt for the Primeminister now and his cronies

You came straight on and said we were all thick. That's not debate, that's just aggressive nonsense and not how we do things in any part of the forums on Vital Villa.
Ermmmm I'm sorry JF,but I see you could only put a very short bit on here as to my message on here.you did not say it all you just took it out of context.the exact words were.....I'm sorry to ask this but are you all thick ??????,stop the crap of the will of the people.when I went to school 52% was a majority so in which case stop fucking bleating like Cardiff/swansea sheep.your out your out NOT ooooooh it didn't go our way so let's spit the dummy like children.seems even my spit the dummy got you unhappy.if you look a little bit up from my first message you would see WHY I used the THICK word,everyone going on about 52%wasnt the will of the people but in my view 52% is a majority isn't it ??.what you call a debate Mr JF to me it's 2 parties having a joint conversation listening to each side.but it appears that's not the case on this tread it's about you and your other remainders going on that your all right and others don't know what they voted for.becouse we are all racist thugs for daring to stand up to the EU.

Westwood, if you can't tell what is the matter with the tone of your dispatches on this thread then we're just going round in circles.
I'll say this though - having you here had led to a good bit more traffic than usual!
Incidentally, unless I missed it (entirely possible at my advanced age) I don't seem to have seen a response from your good self regarding your own comment about the EU forcing member states to accept illegal migrants once they had arrived.

Bored now Westwood, BBJ, another reasonable poster who doesn't have a vested interest (I think that is fair BBJ) says it all.

I'm not overly bothered what it seems to you to be thread wise, we are more than happy to debate. If you don't like the way we do it, no one is forcing you here.

If you don't like the warning Westwood, stop the attitude, the name calling, telling us we are spitting our dummies out, wrapped in bubble wrap etc.

If you can't, I'll remove you. Not going round and round with this, I have a life.

no more worries about Brexit. Greggs are stockpiling pork for their sausage roles. at least we wont go hungry

Well, that's unacceptable too, and I personally deplore that kind of language. However, I think there is a difference between speaking generally about leavers being "thick" and specifically suggesting that those on this thread who feel Brexit is not a good idea are, for example, "dummy spitters". The former is patronising and unhelpful whilst the latter is personally insulting.
We should all try to learn to be hard on the problem and considerate towards each other.

Come on BBJ, you know you had to be a bit dim to vote leave. We all know that.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw:

Come on BBJ, you know you had to be a bit dim to vote leave. We all know that.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw::throw:

What with Fear using the word "reasonable" in describing me, I am offended enough without suffering further blows to my ego!
Sadly, I think Brexit is likely to be lose/lose for most people. I just cannot see an upside right now. Nor do I think it's feasible just to cancel the whole thing. If I had voted "no" I'd be pretty cross if that were to happen - and I don't think it would be unreasonable for me to feel that way.
The best of a bad job would be to leave with a Norway-type deal.

I think you've admitted there not understanding what leave is about. Less foreigners. OK really that's it, yes we're all thick racists, close the borders, no more foreign workers, no immigration. Jeez may as well join the NF

Tell me what it is then, give me the arguments.

The underlying reason behind most of the Leave votes of people I know is to do with immigration. A few have cited laws, and some about the economy but I suspect 90% of Leavers want to reduce immigration.

I would guess that Brexit is going to lead to a lot more illegal immigration. At the moment, a lot of the shitty jobs that British people don't want are done by Eastern Europeans. Post Brexit, they will have no right to work in the UK so either they stay and work illegally or some other illegals will come and do the work.

Perhaps Britain could do some kind of deal with Bangladesh to send workers to the UK like Malaysia did?

I think both sides agree that those already here will be fine, it’s where the future workers come from that is the thing. This is my point in an earlier page, all we’ll do is replace European’s with Asians. The net effect will be a bigger drain on public services because of the geography of the Asians as they’ll more likely bring their families.

The other thing regarding illegal immigrants - will the French keep the Jungle and other camp sites for illegal immigrants on their pretty northern coastline? Or just let them through and make it the UK’s problem - I know what I’d do.

What with Fear using the word "reasonable" in describing me, I am offended enough without suffering further blows to my ego!
Sadly, I think Brexit is likely to be lose/lose for most people. I just cannot see an upside right now. Nor do I think it's feasible just to cancel the whole thing. If I had voted "no" I'd be pretty cross if that were to happen - and I don't think it would be unreasonable for me to feel that way.
The best of a bad job would be to leave with a Norway-type deal.

Exactly. I have yet to hear one genuine advantage from leaving. Any they come up with turn out to be lies.

A Norway model would be ideal, right now. That, or another vote.

I think this is a nice quote from an article in today's IRISH TIMES. It's about the "Festival`of Britain" mooted by Theresa May (remember her?).

There should be a huge celebration and in the spirit of friendship of our European neighbours, upon leaving we should drink lots of champagne to say that though we may be leaving the European Union, we don’t dislike Europe.” This seems a pretty good plan, and the same thinking could surely be applied to strengthening the ties between the four UK nations. If guzzling champagne (will there be a bottle for everyone who attends the festival?) will show the French that there are no hard feelings after Brexit, how could “we” show that “we don’t dislike the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish”? Serve haggis, leeks and soda farls?

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/...h-union-is-to-be-saved-at-all-costs-1.4035280

Exactly. I have yet to hear one genuine advantage from leaving. Any they come up with turn out to be lies.

A Norway model would be ideal, right now. That, or another vote.

Yes, Norway Plus ... or what is the other one, Canada ++

The thought of another vote does fill me with dread, I just don't see how it could possibly work. If it close the other way, then what? I know you know this btw, not preaching! lol Best of 3? Didn't someone suggest an arm wrestling competition!?

I do wish the £350m lie hadn't been done, I do wish the remain campaign hadn't been so arrogant and poor as well.

Hey ho.