Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 175 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Some thing that has really really boiled my piss. Stoke has taken more assylum seekers than ALL of the South East put together? Maidenhead has not taken one? Just so happens to be TM,s constituency? The excuse being the housing is unaffordable to supply them houses?

Now we should take genuine assylum seekers but all councils should have to take a fair share? Cost implications does not wash as we are the 5th richest economy in the world.They then call the people of Stoke ect Northen racists and wonder why they get upset and feel hard done by. Fu..ing liberal elite in the South East as usual.
And this is the problem in the main - lack of planning, organisation and overload - this isn't the EU it was our MP's and our GOV self protecting, but blaming the EU, immigration, migrants, and asylum seekers when the decision was their's.

The same as the decision to appropriate funds correctly to deal with it when it comes to infrastructure etc.

But why should an MP potentially bugger their own gravy train and re-election by actually thinking about the country, when the EU was so easy to blame.

We're blaming the lack of getting what we were promised, and a cherry on top, on the EU now as well. We want these wankers to rule us - they were! This is the result.

Problem is, the claim is true. But it's been a belief of our own creation.

BBC were doing a public Brexit thing today, inviting in nobodies to talk about how they had covered the whole thing.

One genuinely said:

People who voted leave have been accused of not having the intelligence to know what they were voting for and the reasons, but they did - now they are worried we won't have an NHS, food etc etc because people want to change their minds.

Let's make Britain Great again.

????????????????

Another said the reporting had been too critical and project fear, and the Beeb should've been focusing on the positives of what we could do - whilst acknowledging the BBC was constrained by having to report on facts and not overly on opinions.

We let these people vote and breed.

They were also all older than Sir Den.

The continued slagging of the BBC from all sides of every issue will never not be annoying yet funny to me.

I will always remember seeing a BBC news 24 segment where they were responding to people who had contacted them to complain or raise various issues.

They pointed out that they are often accused of political bias then showed a series of complaints they'd received regarding interviews they'd conducted in the run up to the 2015 General election with the leaders of the major parties. In every single case they were criticised for either giving said party leader an easy or hard time by someone. For example they were accused of going soft on Ed Milliband by a tory yet accused of being unduly harsh by a labour supporter.

When i say Liberal elite i mean all of them Labour and Conservative. Most are rich people just telling the working class whats best for them. Fine i can live with that if they did not then do the polar opposite. No wonder i cant vote at the moment and its against all my instincts to not vote.

Exactly JW. But in saying that, I appreciate they are by no means perfect either as they annoy me at points.

Yup Trin, it should've be 'telling' it should be showing and acting in the best interests of.....that's why they are elected. But too many on all sides only act in their own interests.

Again - accepting I'll get some criticism here - May is in Mission Impossible - she knows Brexit is a clusterfuck, not in our interests economically, so she's gone for a fudge. But in going for a fudge in the way she has, it's actually worsened the situation because bottom lining it - she likes being PM.

She must like the power I assume but ever since the election she called despite saying she wouldn't she's faced nothing but humiliation at every turn and will doubtless be remembered as the worst PM of the modern age. I can't understand how someone could enjoy that. Number 10 must be brilliant to live in of its worth the shit she's had shovelled onto her head.

Yup, that was the wake up I think in hindsight, she assumed she'd get the vote and didn't. So since then, it's panic, to keep the position. Even promising she won't challenge the next one is about keeping the position for a bit more.

She's no where near perfect, nor a total **** - but she's going to go down historically as one because she started out trying to to do the right thing I think, but then got seduced by the position and it blinded her.

I can see psych wise, that the mix of keep power/get a fudge as the best for the country has simply made her double down and ignore everything else. She's now down the rabbit hole so to speak.

Being a leave voter who is dismayed at the current situation, what do you think the solution is to the crisis?

Quite frankly BB trying to sort this dogs dinner out is going to be beyond any of the politicians we currently have to choose from. My own opinion is its a straight choice for me between all the things that worried me about the E.U. in the first place E.G. ever closer union, European army the chances of one country or anothers banks crashing and us having to pick up a share of the debt, The fact that most employers in this country were in my humble opinion abusing immigration by scrapping training our own youngsters and importing all ready trained individuals from the E.U. The Government were guilty of this as well e.g. dropping the nursing bursary. Against this we now have Mays dogs dinner of a deal and to be frank no one any better from any party to negotiate a better one. But my overriding concern is the Northern Ireland border would I be willing to give up my brexit vote ? Yes for this reason above all others that is one part of the U.K. that has suffered enough. Funny part is the way European politics were heading in other countries lurching heavily to the right and any strange dickhead could be appointed to the council,I forgot to consider the utter bunch of twats we have to choose from in this country. Good luck to anyone who can find a party worth voting for in the UK.

I'm going to Northern Ireland in May for a short break. I'm going to see he Devil's Causeway and the Black Hedges and drive along the coast road which, I am told, is one of the best coastal drives in the world. I hope I don't get a load of hassle when I saunter over the border into the Republic and have to flash my passport every five minutes. Stand by for international incident.
I hope the tossers in charge have got some sort of plan worked out that won't involve me in reams of paperwork.

I'm going to Northern Ireland in May for a short break. I'm going to see he Devil's Causeway and the Black Hedges and drive along the coast road which, I am told, is one of the best coastal drives in the world. I hope I don't get a load of hassle when I saunter over the border into the Republic and have to flash my passport every five minutes. Stand by for international incident.
I hope the tossers in charge have got some sort of plan worked out that won't involve me in reams of paperwork.

The GIANT'S causeway is great. I really enjoyed it. I'd probably skip the rope bridge unless you really have nothing else to do though.

Donegal is spectacular too if the weather is good.

There's dozens of Eastern Europeans with degrees who work as pickers at the warehouse I work at. One Bulgarian girl I know has a degree in business management and a Romanian guy was trained as a civil engineer.

Doesn't this indicate that the EU got it's admittance strategy wrong?

Shouldn't they have looked more carefully at potential member countries economies? Their over reaching ambition to federate, along with its inflexibility of policy, is at least partly responsible for both the rise of the right wing politics throughout Europe and the Brexit vote.

Why would flooding communities with lowly paid, foreign workers be perceived as a benefit by local people, who are told they are racist for expressing their concern? Who does the fact that such workers are willing to work longer hours, for less money on zero hours contracts really benefit?

Tragic that people with degree level education are forced to seek menial work in British warehouses, presumably as they cannot find suitable employment in their own countries. How does their employment in such positions benefit anything other than employers/property owners making profits from lowly paid workers at the margins of the economy?

A vote to remain (should that become an option) should not be a vote for the political status quo.

Last edited:
The GIANT'S causeway is great. I really enjoyed it. I'd probably skip the rope bridge unless you really have nothing else to do though.

Donegal is spectacular too if the weather is good.
My apologies, I''ll be staying in Portrush which is close to the Giant's Causeway. Senior finger trouble cut in there. Anyway I'm looking forward to some spectacular scenery and if it's a bit gloomy I'll get some nice, moody black and white shots.
Getting back to Brexit, it looks like Theresa's bid to convince the E.U. to cut some slack on the backstop has foundered. There's even talk of a third meaningful vote and m.p.s having to give up their Easter hols to sort legislation out.
Incidentally, what's all this bullshit about a "meaningful vote"? Are all the other votes just a bit of a laugh?

My apologies, I''ll be staying in Portrush which is close to the Giant's Causeway. Senior finger trouble cut in there. Anyway I'm looking forward to some spectacular scenery and if it's a bit gloomy I'll get some nice, moody black and white shots.
Getting back to Brexit, it looks like Theresa's bid to convince the E.U. to cut some slack on the backstop has foundered. There's even talk of a third meaningful vote and m.p.s having to give up their Easter hols to sort legislation out.
Incidentally, what's all this bullshit about a "meaningful vote"? Are all the other votes just a bit of a laugh?

You've nothing to apologise for, mate.

Bushmills is just near there too so if the weather isn't great, you can get some whiskey into you.

Why would you have to show your passport in the Republic? We have a Common Travel Area. You may be stopped by customs of course.
You may need a "Green Card" for your car insurance.
You're going to a beautiful part of the world.

Why would you have to show your passport in the Republic? We have a Common Travel Area. You may be stopped by customs of course.
You may need a "Green Card" for your car insurance.
You're going to a beautiful part of the world.
Good point about taking a car over the border. I'll check it all out.

Arron Banks... what a guy.

Arron Banks ordered his Leave.EU campaign group to continue promoting pro-Brexit adverts in the wake of the murder of Jo Cox, despite an agreement to suspend campaigning, according to Channel 4 News. Immediately after the MP’s killing, politicians on both sides of the EU referendum debate agreed to the suspension, and remain and leave campaigners cancelled speeches and events.

However Channel 4 News said it had seen email sent the morning after Cox’s murder from Banks, Leave.EU’s key financial backer, to his assistant Liz Bilney, the campaign group’s chief executive, that read: “Keep pumping the McKenna video” and “up the Spend A”.

https://goo.gl/vXA9Hk

I am pleased to say that JRM is in todays paper as I write (The mail on Sunday I think) saying the deal will not be passed and thanks to her we will never leave The E.U. The only words I have ever heard out of his mouth I actually like and are music