Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 176 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

If this deal doesn't pass, what happens then? Does that mean Hard Brexit?

Or some form of extension. For however long that is. I believe though all 27 EU countries would have to agree, I don’t think I can bear an extension for whatever length as it’s obvious you can’t please all the people all the time, the problem is there isn’t even a large proportion who could agree on something.

If this deal doesn't pass, what happens then? Does that mean Hard Brexit?

That wouldn't get through Parliament but then we have a constitutional crisis really because it is currently law that we leave on the 29th. So they'd have to extend/stop that.

I can't see they can do anything other than take it back to the country really.

I don't like it, but then, I don't like the whole thing.

Channel 4 Dispatches. The Brexit Millionaires is worth a watch.

The rich get richer. What a scam all this is.

And how odd one of Jacob Rees Mogg outfits has been relocated to Dublin. i. e Europe.

I really do despise these people and how many have fallen for their patter.

Was never going to pass. Problem is now leaving with no deal won't pass so we're still at square one.

If the EU allow a delay, they'll want the elections out the way before we return to it surely?

Politicians thinking they can frustrate Brexit by voting against whatever is put in front of them will end up with a No deal brexit.

The EU are just going to say extending the exit date will lead to just more of the same. No one agrees on brexit let alone how it should be done.

With any luck as a no deal Brexit won't pass article 50 will be extended by a couple of years, as the E.U won't accept it a few months at a time brexit will fade into a murky memory

Yup, has to be a total change of approach now for a more sensible exit that protects the economy and those on all extremes are going to have to swallow it so we do actually get the next best outcome so the damage isn't as bad as it could be.

Everyone in Parliament knows the outcomes, quite why the remaining votes to get us back to square one need to take the rest of the week is beyond me. Should've been done and dusted tonight so tomorrow, ego's get put aside and we get the compromise so everyone can move on.

Not like there's a country to run or other important things to sort.

With any luck as a no deal Brexit won't pass article 50 will be extended by a couple of years, as the E.U won't accept it a few months at a time brexit will fade into a murky memory
There's still got to be a conclusion though, Brexit has destroyed this Parliament, we can't have it rumbling on for years as it'll be the only issue for new MPs wanting their ideology through.

We need it behind us.

Like it or lump it, the vote to leave cannot be ignored and will not fade away without consequence. The right wing extremists would have a field day. They have already taken over UKip in an attempt to present a respectable front. These are dangerous times.

Brexit was not voted for by a bunch of befuddled pensioners who have changed their minds. Such a belief is disingenuous and frankly insulting. The concerns that prompted the vote cannot be ignored and things will never return to pre vote membership of the EU. The political system is broken and people have lost faith in politicians of all parties.

A very uncertain and worrying future lies ahead. Look at 1930's Germany to see what can happen when extremism is allowed to flourish.

Was never going to pass. Problem is now leaving with no deal won't pass so we're still at square one.

If the EU allow a delay, they'll want the elections out the way before we return to it surely?

Yes, to be fair to Peter Mandelson (who is a massive bellend), he said with the EU elections and ratifications etc., this will be on the back burner until November, even if they accept an extension.

Hard to disagree.

Look at 1930's Germany to see what can happen when extremism is allowed to flourish.

Just last night started reading The Nazis: A Warning from History by Laurence Rees, funnily enough, and the opening chapters are devoted to how the Nazis got into power. They only had 2.9% of the vote at the 1928(?) election, and within 10 years, look what happened.

As things stand, here are no ultra-right figures as charismatic as Hitler proved to be, but you never know...

Just last night started reading The Nazis: A Warning from History by Laurence Rees, funnily enough, and the opening chapters are devoted to how the Nazis got into power. They only had 2.9% of the vote at the 1928(?) election, and within 10 years, look what happened.

As things stand, here are no ultra-right figures as charismatic as Hitler proved to be, but you never know...

It's a fascinating story and hugely disturbing warning as to the most base nature of humanity. Opposition and the voice of reason was systematically removed from the equation.

It may not take a charismatic figure, merely a party that appears to offer stability and order alongside a disillusioned electorate and a low turn out in elections, for extremism to take a foothold.

Last edited: