Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 174 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

Just been a Gov minister on radio 5 in favour of Brexit. Can't remember which one as they all meld in to one amorphous blob. But unbelievable arrogance. Didn't answer any of the valid points put to him. Which I know is par for the course for all sides!

Yes I heard that as well. Really smug and arrogant , but a lot are like that unfortunately.

Was asked by a mate on facebook if I think there should be a second vote. Thought I'd post in here as well.

I'm massively conflicted to be honest, wracked my brains about it! I'm a bit of an anorak with politics - me, still single? Amazing innit!

I don't think anyone is getting what they voted for to be honest. No one on the leave side seems happy, on the street or in Parliament.

I did think there should be a second vote asking the country HOW they want to leave (not with an option to remain, as that has been asked) but if we had a competent Gov (neither side are) it would have been wise to have set parameters for the 1st one (the result is too close, it's just split us all) and also - as even Jacob Rees Mog said (and has now conveniently forgot) - to have ratified a second referendum to make sure what has been negotiated is still the will of the people. But also, is the general public, fed bullshit from the press, people with their own agendas (both sides, there has been little balance) and the politicians, really qualified to know exactly how we should leave?!

Trouble is they didn't allow for a second one, so it looks undemocratic in many ways to now do one.

But the conflict for me comes with the fact no one seems happy, if we take a half arsed deal to avoid crashing out (and I am not at all impressed with the arguments I've read saying leaving without a deal wouldn't harm business) then no one gets what they wanted. Many who voted leave I am quite sure did in the belief we'd leave with a deal. No one who voted remain (that side lost, I get it, but it is still a massive number of people, we aren't all enemies despite what the press would have us believe!) wanted to leave but especially not without an agreement.

Parliament can't decide. Even people in the same parties can't decide.

It looks like deadlock to me.

So what do we do?

Fucked if I know mate. It's a mess!! I never trusted our lot to negotiate right, I predicted chaos and that's what they have brought. Wasn't difficult to predict really was it?!

What about you mate?

Labour's motion for custom union/single market twist fails. They should now, if true to their word, be on second ref protest.

SNP motion about no deal being taken off the table also fails which is a semi surprise unless I've missed something focusing on the US and Cohen for the last few hours as I didn't keep up with Parliament debates.

As said previously I voted leave (Having studied where the E.U. appeared to be heading at the time) Yes I naively expected ALL our political parties to pull together
for the good of the country fat chance i know,should have known better. As for the bullshit Farage,Osborne Boris etc one side were as bad as another but if anyone voted based on their opinions I pity them. At the start of this process I fully believed there was a good deal there to be done any chance of that has been long since wrecked. My one worry in having voted leave was I was ignorant of the effect on the Irish border but if the cretins we employ as politicians had negotiated a decent deal in the first instance this would never have become an issue. To be quite honest I still think the E.U. is headed in the wrong direction and in my humble brexit has covered up the cracks for now. The tories made a total mess of the so called negotiations, Labour stood and watched made no attempt to play a useful part and Corbyn was about as much use as a discarded foreskin. The Liberals meanwhile left town and are still in cloud cuckoo land. I do have problems with MPs saying oh but Parliament is sovereign,no the people are sovereign and you bunch of nobs are there to serve the people not to decide what suits you best.
I have no problem with anyone regarding how they voted. I have huge problems with our so called politicians for how they performed.

As said previously I voted leave (Having studied where the E.U. appeared to be heading at the time) Yes I naively expected ALL our political parties to pull together
for the good of the country fat chance i know,should have known better. As for the bullshit Farage,Osborne Boris etc one side were as bad as another but if anyone voted based on their opinions I pity them. At the start of this process I fully believed there was a good deal there to be done any chance of that has been long since wrecked. My one worry in having voted leave was I was ignorant of the effect on the Irish border but if the cretins we employ as politicians had negotiated a decent deal in the first instance this would never have become an issue. To be quite honest I still think the E.U. is headed in the wrong direction and in my humble brexit has covered up the cracks for now. The tories made a total mess of the so called negotiations, Labour stood and watched made no attempt to play a useful part and Corbyn was about as much use as a discarded foreskin. The Liberals meanwhile left town and are still in cloud cuckoo land. I do have problems with MPs saying oh but Parliament is sovereign,no the people are sovereign and you bunch of nobs are there to serve the people not to decide what suits you best.
I have no problem with anyone regarding how they voted. I have huge problems with our so called politicians for how they performed.

Being a leave voter who is dismayed at the current situation, what do you think the solution is to the crisis?

Net migration to the UK from countries outside the European Union has hit its highest level for 15 years, the Office for National Statistics says. Figures show 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018 - the highest since 2004. In contrast, net migration from EU countries has continued to fall to a level last seen in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47400679

:innocent:

Net migration to the UK from countries outside the European Union has hit its highest level for 15 years, the Office for National Statistics says. Figures show 261,000 more non-EU citizens came to the UK than left in the year ending September 2018 - the highest since 2004. In contrast, net migration from EU countries has continued to fall to a level last seen in 2009.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47400679

:innocent:

Would I be racist to assume that migrants from the EU are generally better educated than migrants from outside the EU?

On March 11th a petition will be debated in Parliament, which is for Article 50 to be revoked, if a deal isn't in place for 25th February which there isn't.

We can dream I suppose

Would I be racist to assume that migrants from the EU are generally better educated than migrants from outside the EU?

I’m just looking forward to the Farage-supporting types who realise it is non-English speaking, non-Christian Brown people they actually don’t like, and not so much the non-English speaking white people from Eastern Europe.

Because non-EU immigration will have to increase to keep our NHS going (which will cost more in additional training Bangladeshi nurses will need) and keep our offices clean.

If I was a Leave voter - I would be raging at how badly the Conservatives have negotiated the whole thing. As a remainer it’s embarrassing.

As sirdennis said, everything May has ever said is hot air so whenever she spouted the whole “no deal is better than a bad deal” shit, she was never going to follow through on it.

As costly as it would’ve been, we should’ve been physically putting people, IT and structure in place for a no deal 2 years ago, at least that would’ve showed some intent.

I’m just looking forward to the Farage-supporting types who realise it is non-English speaking, non-Christian Brown people they actually don’t like, and not so much the non-English speaking white people from Eastern Europe.

Because non-EU immigration will have to increase to keep our NHS going (which will cost more in additional training Bangladeshi nurses will need) and keep our offices clean.

It already has according to figures from today. EU migration down to 2009 levels, and non-EU has spiked.

If I was a Leave voter - I would be raging at how badly the Conservatives have negotiated the whole thing. As a remainer it’s embarrassing.

As sirdennis said, everything May has ever said is hot air so whenever she spouted the whole “no deal is better than a bad deal” shit, she was never going to follow through on it.

As costly as it would’ve been, we should’ve been physically putting people, IT and structure in place for a no deal 2 years ago, at least that would’ve showed some intent.
Can't remember his name, but a former advisor said today she's tried to placate all sides and go for the least destructive exit she could - and she has, I think that's obvious. But in spending the time trying to please all sides of the party, she's left us in the lurch on planning.

If there was never going to be a clarification period, a period to listen to the whole of Parliament etc - yes, least destructive exit makes sense - but prepare worst case and put things in progress as you say.

Then get other things in progress, to boost the economy and future proof like a massive housing build (Council not private etc).

Was another thread - but even run a program putting solar panels on all Gov, Council buildings for the lift that would bring, both from a jobs perspective lift, but also revenue stream.

I’ve met people from Eastern Europe with two degrees or doctorates doing admin work.

There's dozens of Eastern Europeans with degrees who work as pickers at the warehouse I work at. One Bulgarian girl I know has a degree in business management and a Romanian guy was trained as a civil engineer.

I'd say the majority of the English workforce here voted to leave. Many of the ones I personally know gave immigration as the top reason for this and are deeply infatuated with Tommy Robinson and his gang so I'm sure they're looking forward to Africans and Asians replacing the Eastern European contingent we currently have.

Some thing that has really really boiled my piss. Stoke has taken more assylum seekers than ALL of the South East put together? Maidenhead has not taken one? Just so happens to be TM,s constituency? The excuse being the housing is unaffordable to supply them houses?

Now we should take genuine assylum seekers but all councils should have to take a fair share? Cost implications does not wash as we are the 5th richest economy in the world.They then call the people of Stoke ect Northen racists and wonder why they get upset and feel hard done by. Fu..ing liberal elite in the South East as usual.

BBC were doing a public Brexit thing today, inviting in nobodies to talk about how they had covered the whole thing.

One genuinely said:

People who voted leave have been accused of not having the intelligence to know what they were voting for and the reasons, but they did - now they are worried we won't have an NHS, food etc etc because people want to change their minds.

Let's make Britain Great again.

????????????????

Another said the reporting had been too critical and project fear, and the Beeb should've been focusing on the positives of what we could do - whilst acknowledging the BBC was constrained by having to report on facts and not overly on opinions.

We let these people vote and breed.

They were also all older than Sir Den.

Some thing that has really really boiled my piss. Stoke has taken more assylum seekers than ALL of the South East put together? Maidenhead has not taken one? Just so happens to be TM,s constituency? The excuse being the housing is unaffordable to supply them houses?

Now we should take genuine assylum seekers but all councils should have to take a fair share? Cost implications does not wash as we are the 5th richest economy in the world.They then call the people of Stoke ect Northen racists and wonder why they get upset and feel hard done by. Fu..ing liberal elite in the South East as usual.

Shocking but not at all shocking really is it. The only thing I'll disagree on is that anyone who votes Theresa May in might be elite but they definitely aren't liberal.