Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 373 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I heard this quote earlier and thought it was brilliant. It's by the American economist Adam Posen. "The UK is the only country in ancient or modern economic history that has decided to have a trade war with itself."

He also thinks that 80% of British inflation is caused by Brexit.
So what's it caused by in the rest of the world?

Inflation is an issue, particularly in the US but Europe is generally not experiencing as much as the UK.
See MoN figures above, they make us look reasonable by comparison. Take 80% off our figure and we would be very low, but given fuel, gas, electric and food rises they would be ridiculously low, therefore I doubt the 80% statement.

See MoN figures above, they make us look reasonable by comparison. Take 80% off our figure and we would be very low, but given fuel, gas, electric and food rises they would be ridiculously low, therefore I doubt the 80% statement.
It is world wide. Prices have inflated in Thailand massively even since I've been here.
But no, it's just UK that has crazy rises due to brexit. What planet are we on? Anyone know?

It is world wide. Prices have inflated in Thailand massively even since I've been here.
But no, it's just UK that has crazy rises due to brexit. What planet are we on? Anyone know?

Where are you in Thai, Col? My son out there right now. Don't answer if you don't wish to by public forum. I get it

I heard this quote earlier and thought it was brilliant. It's by the American economist Adam Posen. "The UK is the only country in ancient or modern economic history that has decided to have a trade war with itself."

He also thinks that 80% of British inflation is caused by Brexit.

I like Posen, he used to work for the BoE if I remember correctly. Very intelligent guy

Where are you in Thai, Col? My son out there right now. Don't answer if you don't wish to by public forum. I get it

Sends pics col
giphy.gif

A brexiteer work colleague of mine has recently got secondment over in Scandinavia. He’s having a lot of hassle with work permits and other bits and bobs…

Because of Brexit.

How loud did you laugh or was it a smirk? I smirked reading it. Well there is small else to be smiley put these days

Last edited:
You know the way you are sick of Brexit and you wish it would all go away? Well, I have some bad news. One analyst I was listening to reckons that the Tories are up shit creek electorally and all they have left is Brexit so expect non-stop Brexit negotiations and stand offs with the EU until the next election. :(

You know the way you are sick of Brexit and you wish it would all go away? Well, I have some bad news. One analyst I was listening to reckons that the Tories are up shit creek electorally and all they have left is Brexit so expect non-stop Brexit negotiations and stand offs with the EU until the next election. :(
I would imagine all parties are up shit creek. If you were to vote, which I don't waste my time with..... I wish you all the best. This country is beyond repair. Absolutely beyond repair.

I would imagine all parties are up shit creek. If you were to vote, which I don't waste my time with..... I wish you all the best. This country is beyond repair. Absolutely beyond repair.

It is such a shame that Labour don't seem to be able to present a credible alternative.

Still, in your opinion, is Thailand any better politically?

I see Stanley Johnson has got his French citizenship.

And 52% of us voted to get shafted whilst the “elite” have all these little rabbit holes to get around the rules as usual. I’ve no doubt Bozo will somehow get his hands on a foreign passport when he needs to.