Europe In Out Shake it all about | Page 357 | Vital Football

Europe In Out Shake it all about

I really don’t think it’s the end of the Boris & Frost disastrous games with the EU, we’re only just getting started. Fasten your seatbelts for article 16 to be triggered by these idiots, I can see it happening. I genuinely think they have no limits as to how far they’ll go to appease the brexiteers, even if it means tieing your own noose.

Last edited:
Ireland's deputy PM has warned governments doing trade deals with the UK that it is a nation that "doesn't necessarily keep its word".
Leo Varadkar made the comment after Dominic Cummings suggested the UK had always intended to tear up the Brexit deal it signed with the EU in 2019.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58898117

Some of the comments on there are really funny, but for all the wrong reasons.

I hear Britain has a bacon shortage now as abattoirs don't have the capacity to slaughter enough pigs. The thing is, the pigs are there ready to be slaughtered. Farmers are looking at the prospect of having to destroy the pigs because the abattoirs can't keep up.

If there were pigs going cheap, would you slaughter them yourself?

I hear Britain has a bacon shortage now as abattoirs don't have the capacity to slaughter enough pigs. The thing is, the pigs are there ready to be slaughtered. Farmers are looking at the prospect of having to destroy the pigs because the abattoirs can't keep up.

It’s fine, I’ve just driven past the job centre and there are queues of jobless Brits looking to apply for abattoir butchers roles…

Heard a news item today saying that the situation is being hyped up for political leverage, and is not as bad as is being made out.

No, which is hypocritical, because I love pork (do I need to rephrase?) .. but no, I couldn't kill one, unless I was in a different situation and my life or family, depended on the food. For one thing, I wouldn't have the skills to kill it humanely.

You?

Wrong question BB. And it's not capacity, it's workers.

Wittonite, it's been proven farmers are culling stock so whilst there will be a PR game going on (modern life) it's real.

Could people slit a pig or cow etc's throat. Could they watch them bleed out. (if the answer is no, you've basically wasted the animal anyway because of bacteria). Would they know how to correctly stun them before doing that to ensure it was humane.

That's still entirely different from being a skilled butcher who knows how to then remove the flesh without gristle, tendons etc etc etc.

You can teach those skills in 6 months, but in a high capacity industry you won't be up to speed until you've past a year and the 'job' truly becomes second nature without a second thought of what you are doing.

It's why Bojo's 'pay them properly' was always bollocks, hence my post the other week about being paid minimum wage and I couldn't do it but give me a fiver more and suddenly I'm a butcher with 12 years experience.

And - like JF - I couldn't do it fullstop and I love my meat. I know I'd struggle even if we apocalypse.

No, which is hypocritical, because I love pork (do I need to rephrase?) .. but no, I couldn't kill one, unless I was in a different situation and my life or family, depended on the food. For one thing, I wouldn't have the skills to kill it humanely.

You?
The thought of killing an animal myself makes me feel sick.
If I were to kill a pig myself I genuinely think I would have to kill myself from guilt. I couldn't hack the mental torture.

You?

I'd be okay to butcher it but I'd rather collect the dead animal than transport a live one back to my condo. My Muslim neighbours would go ape shit if they caught me trying to wrangle a pig up to my condo in the lift.

I think, in a survival situation, I'd have no problems bashing its brains in.

In the markets over here they keep the chickens live until they have a customer. You pick out the one you want and they will kill it in front of you. You get used to it very quickly.

Last edited:
The thought of killing an animal myself makes me feel sick.
If I were to kill a pig myself I genuinely think I would have to kill myself from guilt. I couldn't hack the mental torture.

You are so extreme. You hate people and love animals. I guess you are a vegetarian.

In my experience, most animals are dickheads. Lol

Heard a news item today saying that the situation is being hyped up for political leverage, and is not as bad as is being made out.

I think you should consider getting your news from different sources.

Experts warned what would happen if Britain left the EU and all of those warnings were dismissed as Project Fear.

Then Brexit went ahead and Britain is suffering from all kinds of shortages, just as the experts warned. Britain us suffering from shortages of things that Northern Ireland isn't and yet it's being blamed on Covid or hyped up for political leverage.

Bojo is scrambling around looking for turkeys for Christmas. The biggest poultry supplier can't guarantee sufficient supply and yet, when there aren't enough turkeys available for Christmas and the price of a week's shopping goes up 20%, they will still deny it's got anything to do with Brexit.

They are selling you a crock of shit.

Can only go from experience , but importing goods from France and America as my firm does has become a total nightmare. The process is a shambles and it has gone from getting goods as if the were from next door to a 2 month process - sometimes longer.

As it has made my job so much more difficult and complicated you will forgive me for saying Brexit is a complete shambles.

I'd be okay to butcher it but I'd rather collect the dead animal than transport a live one back to my condo. My Muslim neighbours would go ape shit if they caught me trying to wrangle a pig up to my condo in the lift.

I think, in a survival situation, I'd have no problems bashing its brains in.

In the markets over here they keep the chickens live until they have a customer. You pick out the one you want and they will kill it in front of you. You get used to it very quickly.

My grandad was a small time farmer, and when I was very young and could still remember him working, me and my sister would sit in one of the sheds whilst he skinned the chickens (which I think was the term).

For survival purposes, I would probably be able to do it however that is getting towards human starvation. My morals mean I want to see the animals slaughtered humanely and not by some amateur.

I love meat, but I wouldn’t want an animal to suffer and be sure the animal goes to good use.

My biggest concern with all this in terms of lack of supplies, is if the farms are short on supplies to slaughter the animals humanely even if just being culled to reduce number. The video of how the Chinese cull pigs put up on here a while ago was genuinely one of the most disgusting things I have watched in my life.

You are so extreme. You hate people and love animals. I guess you are a vegetarian.

In my experience, most animals are dickheads. Lol
I was veggie for most my life. Until recently where.... Yes I am a hypercrite I now eat fish. Yes I know.
And yep. I am extreme and you are very very wrong.
Most humans are twats. All animals are brilliant until they have interference from idiot humans.

Then Brexit went ahead and Britain is suffering from all kinds of shortages, just as the experts warned
Where are all these shortages. I shop locally, also this week into Aldi and Morrison, no empty shelves, all stocked as normal. Not saying that Brexit hasn't had an effect with regard to the pig situation, it has, but even the boss of the pig association saying that Covid has muddied the waters. The petroleum, diesel situation down here lasted for only a few days, because all the holiday makers paniced that they couldn't get back home, so grabbed all the available fuel. The media hype it up, as is usual, and everyone believes it and go rushing out buying whether they need It or not. I am also of the opinion re pigs and meat eating perhaps all of us that eat it should pay a visit to farms or an abbatior and see the kill process first hand, then at least you eat the animal in the full knowledge of what it has gone through to get to your plate

There are shortages @wittonite Not bad around here but there are empty gaps on the shelves which weren't there pre Brexit.

The costs of food has gone up alot too. Now I am not saying Covid19 has helped however Brexit is certainly playing its part especially over the people to do the jobs