Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 287 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Surreal match really.

Didn't enjoy it one bit until Emi took over.

But it's just all about winning and finding a way to get that win .

I wasn't worried about Emi getting sent off .

No gk gets sent off in a pen shoot out . Will never happen. Said it to junior 2 when the commentary was banging on.

And...errr...there was no red card and there always is for a second yellow. So not sure why they thought he was gone.

After the performance that ref put in and you're siding against Martinez?
Like everybody else, I think the referee was outrageously dreadful.

My issue is that Martinez received a second yellow card for shithousing having been warned by the referee.

I'm sure it will all come out in the wash but did Martinez know that a second yellow at that point wouldn't result in a red?

At the end of the day getting through is all that matters in knockout football. In the future all we'll remember is the shootout and the win. How many remember the good awful 120 minutes against the Albion before Jed Steer took over.

At least Olsen will play in front of a home crowd so I am not too bothered and he has been x100 better than he was. Hasn't let us down this season at all.
Agree CDX. In his last game Olsen played really well. But would you prefer Matinez or Olsen in goal? (Rhetorical question - no need to answer)

This club man.....it'll be the death of me.

What a result when it looked like we were down and out. First time since I started following Villa that I really think we have that true winning mentality. Maybe finally good things will finally happen again.

At the end of the day getting through is all that matters in knockout football. In the future all we'll remember is the shootout and the win. How many remember the good awful 120 minutes against the Albion before Jed Steer took over.
This exactly.

It's all about finding a way to win.