Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 247 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Mixed game, but I enjoyed that. 2nd leg is going to be interesting, they are basically us on my reading. Good going forward when it works, but wide open to a clanger at the back end.

No way is the next leg a scoreless draw.

Mixed game, but I enjoyed that. 2nd leg is going to be interesting, they are basically us on my reading. Good going forward when it works, but wide open to a clanger at the back end.

No way is the next leg a scoreless draw.
It’s been 14 months since they’ve failed to score at home. A 1-1 masterclass is needed.

Liverpool are going to throw Europe away. Their next 4 games are all away. Absolutely guaranteed he throws out a team of kids and frauds. West Ham aren’t beating Leverkusen in London and I don’t see Arsenal beating Bayern in Munich.

So we do need to get ourselves thru.

More concerned about the performance than the scoreline. ....how on earth did we only concede 1 ?

Pau Torres was absolutely terrible tonight - looked like a rabbit in the headlights - just strolling around watching people run past him.

On that defensive performance it's pretty easy to see Lille scoring 2 at home

Can't thank Emi for keeping us in it , without acknowledging we could've easily had 4 more ourselves.

To my mind, we caused them greater problems, and the fact they need to come out now should suit us.

More concerned about the performance than the scoreline. ....how on earth did we only concede 1 ?

Pau Torres was absolutely terrible tonight - looked like a rabbit in the headlights - just strolling around watching people run past him.

On that defensive performance it's pretty easy to see Lille scoring 2 at home
The way I saw it Diego was the main culprit. But the pair isn’t working. At least Pau offers something going forward. Emi has very little protection from them or centre midfield.

Never thought I would ever be writing this but, I hope Cash is fit. Carlos kept giving Konsa the ball in the most ridiculous places.
Still, if anyone had asked me 18 months ago where we would be now my answer wouldn't have been playing for a semi final in Europe and fighting it out for a place in the Champions league. All hail The Sultan. 🙌

The way I saw it Diego was the main culprit. But the pair isn’t working. At least Pau offers something going forward. Emi has very little protection from them or centre midfield.

What's Torres done going forward in recent games ? - not much imo.
I'd prefer someone who can block a cross, win a header or a put a tackle in. We are paying a high price for his mythical forward play imo

A win in a European quarter final against a very decent team riding high in their league. Watkins continues to score and McGinn scores a cracker, obviously a slight disappointment with their late goal. The second leg away was always gonna be a tough game, bring it on. We can warm up with a smash n grab win at Arsenal on Sunday, where we will stay 5th as a minimum. Great times, let’s enjoy it.