Europa Conference League 2023/4 | Page 233 | Vital Football

Europa Conference League 2023/4

Do you think Emery will throw the Arsenal game? Resting the likes of Martinez, Digne, Torres, Diaby Baily and Watkins. Dougie is out and I'm sure SJM needs game time anyway. He's close now to winning a trophy, European football next season is guaranteed!

"Lille manager Paulo Fonseca speaks about ‘the reality of Aston Villa ahead of Conference League match"​

"The coach also talked about the attributes that his club will use to try and beat Aston Villa in the two-legged tie."

“The essence of this team is to be dominant, to pressurize, to win the ball back in high areas, but above all, to control and dominate the game. What we’re trying to be is a dominant team, one that plays in attacking midfield and is a team that reacts strongly when the ball is lost.”
Full article..... https://sportwitness.co.uk/lille-ma...ty-aston-villa-ahead-conference-league-match/

"Lille manager Paulo Fonseca speaks about ‘the reality of Aston Villa ahead of Conference League match"​

"The coach also talked about the attributes that his club will use to try and beat Aston Villa in the two-legged tie."

“The essence of this team is to be dominant, to pressurize, to win the ball back in high areas, but above all, to control and dominate the game. What we’re trying to be is a dominant team, one that plays in attacking midfield and is a team that reacts strongly when the ball is lost.”
Full article..... https://sportwitness.co.uk/lille-ma...ty-aston-villa-ahead-conference-league-match/
Basically translates as we'll run around like idiots for 90 minutes. Cue an Emery masterclass in how to keep possession, beat the press and put the tie to bed in the 1st leg 🤞

He said they’ve watched every Villa game this season. Well Emery has probably watched every Lille game and all of Paolo Fonseca’s for the last 3 years.

This is Paolo’s big day out and an audition for a premier league job. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach us because realistically we usually have to shoot ourselves in the foot to lose games. I can’t think of many loses where we didn’t do it to ourselves. Both Newcastle games maybe?

He said they’ve watched every Villa game this season. Well Emery has probably watched every Lille game and all of Paolo Fonseca’s for the last 3 years.

This is Paolo’s big day out and an audition for a premier league job. It’ll be interesting to see how they approach us because realistically we usually have to shoot ourselves in the foot to lose games. I can’t think of many loses where we didn’t do it to ourselves. Both Newcastle games maybe?

It's glorious, isn't it?

He's often mentioned in the running for Premier league jobs, including ours after Bruce, Smith and Stevie departed. Seems to be doing a good job at Lille and winning this tournament, which I would think they are 2nd favourites for would surely mean someone will take a punt on him in the summer. A big night for him and his club.