Ethan Hamilton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ethan Hamilton

I've said for a couple of years that the club should analyse the amount of training injuries we get and maybe look at the turf at the training ground.

Can I please, and respectfully ask, if you genuinely and honestly think we don’t study and analyse all of this? (and pretty much every aspect of the football club).

From the optimal surface conditions to the individually designed pre-hab programmes, I assure you that we think about these things. We also analyse and refine our work, in conjunction with external academics to peer review all applied science.

There is a recent (ish) episode of the Stacey West podcast which covers an independent study on our injuries by Nottingham Trent Uni. I'd recommend giving that a listen.

If you would like the headline: We suffer less injuries than the average league 1 team.

However…there is no doubt we have suffered medium/long-term injuries to key players, and all in the same part of the field and at the same time,. Trust me. I feel that pain too, but please do kindly give us some credit to at least believe we are professionals at this.

Hopefully as speedy recovery as possible for Ethan. I wonder if Ben House could assist in the midfield? A terrific player, who I seem to remember came with a midfield background and played a game there a while back. Also TJ in and Lasse up the pitch, would cut half his running distance in a match!

While I have every respect for Ethan Hamilton (I would much rather have him available than not) I am not sure it leaves us quite as badly off as it would have done 6 weeks ago.

Since that time I think Bishop has really stepped up in that central role and Ethan has moved to the right (not always, but regularly). So losing one midfield player can be covered. Bishop seems to be coping well with the extra minutes and he and Ethan Erhahon are making a lot more forward passes than I recall earlier in the season.

Losing Ethan Hamilton at the same time as McGrandles is harder to cover, but if Eyoma slots in at right-back, Sorensen is free to step in to the midfield, so that would give us Sorensen, Madriou, Bishop, Erahahon, Duffy, Hackett, with House and Moylan able to step in too. Far from ideal, but still a strong set of players.

While I have every respect for Ethan Hamilton (I would much rather have him available than not) I am not sure it leaves us quite as badly off as it would have done 6 weeks ago.

Since that time I think Bishop has really stepped up in that central role and Ethan has moved to the right (not always, but regularly). So losing one midfield player can be covered. Bishop seems to be coping well with the extra minutes and he and Ethan Erhahon are making a lot more forward passes than I recall earlier in the season.

Losing Ethan Hamilton at the same time as McGrandles is harder to cover, but if Eyoma slots in at right-back, Sorensen is free to step in to the midfield, so that would give us Sorensen, Madriou, Bishop, Erahahon, Duffy, Hackett, with House and Moylan able to step in too. Far from ideal, but still a strong set of players.
Bishop and Ethan are playing a lot more forward passes for the simple reason that players are ahead of them now and they have more options ahead of them. It’s not rocket science to understand that but was obviously beyond the managerial capability of Mark Kennedy.
The reason Erhahon plays more to the right is that we now have the 3 in midfield and he plays the centre pivot with McGranny and Bishop either side. When we only had the 2, Hamilton played right and Erhahon on the left. You could tell from how little possession we had that system was never going to get the best out of any talented players and showcase their potential.
I still find it hard to believe fans defended those awful anti football tactics from MK.

Last edited:
That is such bad news, both for the club and for Ethan.

I've said for a couple of years that the club should analyse the amount of training injuries we get, and maybe look at the turf at the training ground.

There comes a time when you can't always put it down to bad luck, and do instead some serious research. Even the injuries during games could be down to weaknesses developed through training.

Is is the training pitches, the training sessions, the medical staff, or just awful luck? I appreciate that there may not be a definitive answer, but I do think the amount of serious injuries and minor knocks picked up in traning and therefore ruling players out on the Saturday has been higher this past two to three years than it used to be.

Shame for Hamilton, he's been solid this season.

It's not quite the same but at least we have Mandroiu and Moylan as options but if McGrandles is struggling then we really are down to the bare bones in there.

That is such bad news, both for the club and for Ethan.

I've said for a couple of years that the club should analyse the amount of training injuries we get, and maybe look at the turf at the training ground.

There comes a time when you can't always put it down to bad luck, and do instead some serious research. Even the injuries during games could be down to weaknesses developed through training.

Is is the training pitches, the training sessions, the medical staff, or just awful luck? I appreciate that there may not be a definitive answer, but I do think the amount of serious injuries and minor knocks picked up in traning and therefore ruling players out on the Saturday has been higher this past two to three years than it used to be.
Not just our club with lots of injuries these days.

I just managed to stop myself doing that!! Everyone loves a pedant!
Having come into conflict with so many reactionaries (a few are surprisingly erudite nowadays. I blame AI) over the years, I am now very practiced at not responding to poor standards of spelling and grammar.

So Hamilton, McGrandles and Mandriou all missed the game in the end.
Jackson, Monstma, Burroughs and Walker also out