Ethan Hamilton | Vital Football

Ethan Hamilton

That’s a bummer, quite light in CM now and one injury away from putting square pegs in round holes again.

More bad news, it does seem to have been our key players picking up the bad ones again this season - Walker, House, Hackett, Jackson (courtesy of 'Elbows' Stockley) and now Hamilton.

That is disappointing news. Been a very good signing this season. It's the nature of the time of the season that any 'long term injury' now is season ending.
Get him well for the re-start in August

I should never have started the midfield thread. Zero luck this season.

Fingers crossed for a good recovery for Hamilton.

That is such bad news, both for the club and for Ethan.

I've said for a couple of years that the club should analyse the amount of training injuries we get, and maybe look at the turf at the training ground.

There comes a time when you can't always put it down to bad luck, and do instead some serious research. Even the injuries during games could be down to weaknesses developed through training.

Is is the training pitches, the training sessions, the medical staff, or just awful luck? I appreciate that there may not be a definitive answer, but I do think the amount of serious injuries and minor knocks picked up in traning and therefore ruling players out on the Saturday has been higher this past two to three years than it used to be.

That is such bad news, both for the club and for Ethan.

I've said for a couple of years that the club should analyse the amount of training injuries we get, and maybe look at the turf at the training ground.

There comes a time when you can't always put it down to bad luck, and do instead some serious research. Even the injuries during games could be down to weaknesses developed through training.

Is is the training pitches, the training sessions, the medical staff, or just awful luck? I appreciate that there may not be a definitive answer, but I do think the amount of serious injuries and minor knocks picked up in traning and therefore ruling players out on the Saturday has been higher this past two to three years than it used to be.
aren't the training pitches the same turf as the main pitch?

The club have the injury figures monitored....
by Trent University (I think it is).

The conclusion I think was that we have slightly less injuries than most.