England v Kiwis | Page 15 | Vital Football

England v Kiwis

Tbh i dont think its sustainable for any player they all run the risk of burn out but it can be tricky as you cant replace the likes of root and stokes like for like there has to be a drop in quality
It also means we (YCCC) will lose Harry Brook to carry drinks for England as Stokes' replacement.

I wonder if TT was impressed?:ROFLMAO: UTB
29 overs and SA decide to field with the Manchester weather decidedly dodgy sealed their fate.Poor decision and can only imagine they were hoping to get ahead on the run chase and win on D/worth Lewis but they had to have 20 overs a side for any result to stand so just a bad decision to field.
This hit and hope approach, regardless of match circumstance, is beyond ridiculous but, as we saw with Joe, if that's what the captain wants then so be it.When will Irongloves realise it's not working? When it affects his scores?...........................................................................................Oh, wait a minute.

Better result for Irongloves but English conditions worked in the team's favour and the bowling exploited that well.
Problem is 80% of England's international cricket is played in conditions more like last Tuesdays and we all saw how that turned out.

29 overs and SA decide to field with the Manchester weather decidedly dodgy sealed their fate.Poor decision and can only imagine they were hoping to get ahead on the run chase and win on D/worth Lewis but they had to have 20 overs a side for any result to stand so just a bad decision to field.
This hit and hope approach, regardless of match circumstance, is beyond ridiculous but, as we saw with Joe, if that's what the captain wants then so be it.When will Irongloves realise it's not working? When it affects his scores?...........................................................................................Oh, wait a minute.

Better result for Irongloves but English conditions worked in the team's favour and the bowling exploited that well.
Problem is 80% of England's international cricket is played in conditions more like last Tuesdays and we all saw how that turned out.
The skipper did brilliantly to run out Makram don't you think TT? Good win for England well done to our boys. UTB

The skipper did brilliantly to run out Makram don't you think TT? Good win for England well done to our boys. UTB
Yes Rod, almost made up for the easy stumping he missed in Durham- but not quite as it cost the team another 80 odd runs!
Hopefully Jonny and Joe are saving up a performance for their home crowd on Sunday.

Excellent.

Wasn't going to mention it but did anyone see Irongloves last night?
At the toss he managed to drop the coin before tossing it.:yes::bow::wagging::hmmm:(n):p
Atherton was in stitches.
Very good win for England TT don't you think? Jonny was superb again,even tho he had a bit of luck a couple of times.He's been immense this summer. Moheen Ali was also superb with the bat. UTB

Very good win for England TT don't you think? Jonny was superb again,even tho he had a bit of luck a couple of times.He's been immense this summer. Moheen Ali was also superb with the bat. UTB
Their fielding/catching was terrible Rod. Stevie Wonder would have got 3 of the chances Jonny gave:oops: but Jonny is in a real purple patch and rode his luck with a few smiles last night.Ali is a real hit or miss player- either great or terrible and last night was the former.
With the world T20 in October I'm not sure England have the right balance of players and, for me, there's a few that come off occasionally but not consistently eg Livingstone, Malan,Jordan but, in a game of thrash it and see it's the same for most teams.
BTW It's ridiculous how they are continually shrinking the outfields to see more 6's and 4's just to keep the crowd happy. Even in T20 there's a place for some proper cricket shots.

Their fielding/catching was terrible Rod. Stevie Wonder would have got 3 of the chances Jonny gave:oops: but Jonny is in a real purple patch and rode his luck with a few smiles last night.Ali is a real hit or miss player- either great or terrible and last night was the former.
With the world T20 in October I'm not sure England have the right balance of players and, for me, there's a few that come off occasionally but not consistently eg Livingstone, Malan,Jordan but, in a game of thrash it and see it's the same for most teams.
BTW It's ridiculous how they are continually shrinking the outfields to see more 6's and 4's just to keep the crowd happy. Even in T20 there's a place for some proper cricket shots.
I agree they are making a mockery of Cricket with the white ball game but that said i did enjoy the game yesdi. I've said plenty of times before, although(i don't see a lot of cricket nowadays) Test Cricket is and always will be the best form of Cricket in my view,the same as the County Championship is. UTB

I agree they are making a mockery of Cricket with the white ball game but that said i did enjoy the game yesdi. I've said plenty of times before, although(i don't see a lot of cricket nowadays) Test Cricket is and always will be the best form of Cricket in my view,the same as the County Championship is. UTB
Forgot they are playing again tonight Rod so just put it on. SA batting-39-1 off 4.
There's a petition going round ( started by Lancs members) drumming up support to stop the ECB reducing the number of CC games again next year and plenty are getting involved.(link in the link below)
Not a good day for YCC C ,going down by 7 wickets to Hampshire who do not have one Hampshire born player in their side!

http://thecrickettier.com/post/your-voice-counts

Forgot they are playing again tonight Rod so just put it on. SA batting-39-1 off 4.
There's a petition going round ( started by Lancs members) drumming up support to stop the ECB reducing the number of CC games again next year and plenty are getting involved.(link in the link below)
Not a good day for YCC C ,going down by 7 wickets to Hampshire who do not have one Hampshire born player in their side!

http://thecrickettier.com/post/your-voice-counts
Not a good day for England either

I doubt it will be long before someone says the burden of keeping and captaining is affecting Buttler's batting so, either Jonny will take the gloves, or Irongloves will relinquish the captaincy
Told you- he's a bloody jinx.
Disastrous start to his ODI captaincy career.
3 series, 3 series losses.
Worst ODI summer since 2013

Last edited:
England must be glad rains stopped play.116-6,Our Joe out for 8,Jonny a duck,Stokes 20, only 32 overs bowled.Looks like Pope with 60 has saved England bein bowled out for less than 100. UTB

England must be glad rains stopped play.116-6,Our Joe out for 8,Jonny a duck,Stokes 20, only 32 overs bowled.Looks like Pope with 60 has saved England bein bowled out for less than 100. UTB
They're up against a proper bowling attack now and with ideal conditions and , apart from Lees-poor Bazball shot -( didn't see Foakes' dismissal BTW ) they've been got out by speed ( Jonny) and movement(Joe) which was umpire's call and the replay showed the ball just, and I mean just, clipping the top of his lg stump.
Think this will be MUCH harder than the last 4 games.

Getting a proper spanking we'll be lucky to lose by less than an innings. The heady days when Stokes first took over seem light years away...even Joe and Dave Bairstow are well off their games. Mind you it can't help when they all know that Crawley's never going to get them off to a decent start or even take a bit of shine off the ball. Just how long is he going to be allowed to fail? It can't be good for him let alone the side. It reminds me of when Clough refused to rest George Long and broke him forever.