England v Kiwis | Page 14 | Vital Football

England v Kiwis

I've just seen the score on the Beeb sport website and Buttler has taken 2 catches,has he dropped any today? India 84-5 need another 163 from 26 overs. Come on ENGLAND. UTB

I've just seen the score on the Beeb sport website and Buttler has taken 2 catches,has he dropped any today? India 84-5 need another 163 from 26 overs. Come on ENGLAND. UTB
No idea Rod, been watching YCCC all day.
Think he's got 50 though- in his last 5 innings.Must be the pressure of captaincy.

No he hasn’t not today willey has been excellent today and been backed up by the rest of the bowlers
having said that I should add I’ve missed some but not a lot of their innings as I’m switching between cricket and the golf

Last edited:
India lose 2 wickets in 2 balls England into the tail now 140/8 they should level this up comfortably now

Topley gets a 5fer first one by an English bowler at lords in a one day game since Darren gough in 1997

Topley gets 6 india all out for 146
topley gets best one day bowling figures for an Englishman in one dayers of 6/24 off 9.3 overs :clap:
got to be mom after that

Gives them more time to sit on the balcony laughing at the ever bottling Lankies.
The Lancs gits didn't bottle it against us unfortunately TT,even tho Yorks poor fielding & Bowling helped them a lot.:censor: I thought you may have gone to the game today with it at O T. Ali gone now for 34,England 149-5. UTB

Last edited:
The Lancs gits didn't bottle it against us unfortunately TT,even tho Yorks poor fielding & Bowling helped them a lot.:censor: I thought you may have gone to the game today with it at O T. Ali gone now for 34,England 149-5. UTB
We had to play youngster due to injury as stated above and the start just handed the initiative to them. Disappointing certainly but great experience for some of those youngsters and, hopefully, will help in the future. Maybe Joe & Jonny's ducks were a protest aginst the ECB not releasing them!!.
Seriously, it's ridiculous that the biggest non international day in the England cricket calendar ( albeit T20) is denied it's stars because the ECB shoe horned the extra test in because India cried off last year ( they said covid issues but we all know it was to get their players back for the IPL). ECB bowing down to the IPL, ridiculous state of affairs.
Still - we have the Hundred throughout August - a format the rest of the world has never heard of with players some of us will never have heard of playing alongside English stars who will be playing for teams no one cares about in places alien to them whilst the domestic 50 over comp. is now a 2nd X1 competition- that's the one we changed the CC format for in 2017 so that we could win the World Cup and now it's been abandoned.
Makes the FA look competent.
Wouldn't go to OT without free hospitality Rod and not to watch England anyway particularly with it on Sky along with TdeF and the Open.
Never paid to watch England,paid plenty to watch YCCC- including at OT

Ben Stokes is to retire from ODI cricket after tomorrow's first game at Durham v South Africa.He says to be playing in 3 formats is not sustainable for him now. UTB

Ben Stokes is to retire from ODI cricket after tomorrow's first game at Durham v South Africa.He says to be playing in 3 formats is not sustainable for him now. UTB
Tbh i dont think its sustainable for any player they all run the risk of burn out but it can be tricky as you cant replace the likes of root and stokes like for like there has to be a drop in quality

Tbh i dont think its sustainable for any player they all run the risk of burn out but it can be tricky as you cant replace the likes of root and stokes like for like there has to be a drop in quality
THE BEGINNING OF THE END is closer than we think.
The Test schedules have been published, for all countries, until 2027.The ECB have cleared 3 weeks during August for The Hundred so that international players will be available. Sounds fine?
No , not at all. They've scrapped all test match play in August, peak of the season, peak summer holidays, peak learning period for county players to develop their trade.
And, if you thought India didn't run international cricket there's a 3 month window for the IPL to be played.
Below an extract from the Telegraph article
England’s future home Test series will be played mainly outside of school holidays as the Hundred gets an unofficial three-week window in the new future tours programme (FTP).
The programme also does not include a Test tour to the Caribbean by England, which has angered officials in the West Indies who believe they have been let down after standing by England and touring this country during the Covid summer of 2020.
England trips to the West Indies have a long and rich history. England have only won one Test series in the West Indies since 1968, and the recent tour finished off the captaincy of Joe Root. There is also no Test tour to Sri Lanka, which means two of the most popular touring destinations for England fans will not happen until late 2027 at the earliest.
West Indies rely heavily on tours by England and India. Test tours by other nations lose money but the trip by England earlier this year brought in around £25m in broadcast revenue.
The complicated schedule, which underpins international fixtures until 2027, is close to completion and will be approved at the International Cricket Council’s annual conference in Birmingham at the end of this month.
A draft of the FTP, seen by Telegraph Sport, shows no let up in England’s commitments. They will play 42 Tests, more than any other country, between the start of June 2023 to April 2027, split evenly home and away, as well as 44 ODIs and 52 T20s.
It includes five-Test series home and away against India and Australia. England played slightly more Test cricket on the 2018-2023 schedule - 49 Tests - but fewer T20 matches compared to the next schedule, showing the direction of travel for the game.
Every home summer includes a minimum three-week window with no international cricket, in August during the school holidays, so that England players and overseas stars can play in the Hundred. Next summer’s Ashes series will end in the last week of July.
This summer’s three-match series against South Africa, which starts on August 18, will be the last to clash fully with the Hundred and be played at the peak of the school holidays. Where summers include Test series in August in the future, they are scheduled to start in the final week of the month.
Each year includes an almost three-month blank window for the IPL, pushing England’s early Test series from starting in May to June.

Only Test series between the big three countries — England, India and Australia — will be more than three Tests. Most are two Test series.
The decision to create a window for the Hundred firmly puts the tournament in the showpiece month of August during school holidays, helping the ECB to attract its aim of a family audience. There will be a global ICC tournament every year including a World T20 in the USA and West Indies in June 2024.