England v Brazil: Score Predictions & Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

England v Brazil: Score Predictions & Match Thread

Get a couple of decent international players like Bellingham and rice playing and it really shows up the level of the make-weights. Maguire is poor at this level, but dunk showed why maguire gets a start.
Branthwaite - should we be blooding him now?

Can’t wait for Scruffy Jim to appoint Southgate as boss at Stretford when Ten Haag gets the boot this summer :ROFLMAO:

Is he the answer? Leaving it a bit late in the lead up to the summer finals.
That's why the question mark. It's just that Maguire is such a liability, and tbh he is more use in the opposition penalty area at set pieces than he is defending.

With all his baggage and known weaknesses I would almost welcome the confidence of youth.

The idea of Mbappe running at Maguire is terrifying. I didn't watch any of the last World Cup so somebody who saw their match up then (I'm assuming Maguire was selected?) could make the defence for him.

That's why the question mark. It's just that Maguire is such a liability, and tbh he is more use in the opposition penalty area at set pieces than he is defending.

The thought of Mbappe running at any of our central defenders is scary...

...but if you have the ball and keep it, you aren't having that happen to you very often.

Maguire is not infallible but his passing and ball retention from the back is excellent in general.

If you just look at the Brazil match.
We kept getting the ball to Bellingham who could run at them and make their defending players have kittens. If it had not been a friendly Paqueta would have been sent off by half time.

It's interesting Brazil scored after Maguire went off but you look at the BBC website and the headline on poor old England is accompanied by a picture of Southgate and Maguire. Not those players who started giving the ball away too often.

It went had a combination of Des Walker and Maguire the argument may be different but to me the England team need to have someone as good as Maguire in possession. That is the number one way to defend...keep the ball.

...but if you have the ball and keep it, you aren't having that happen to you very often.

Maguire is not infallible but his passing and ball retention from the back is excellent in general.

We kept getting the ball to Bellingham who could run at them and make their defending players have kittens. If it had not been a friendly Paqueta would have been sent off by half time.

It's interesting Brazil scored after Maguire went off but you look at the BBC website and the headline on poor old England is accompanied by a picture of Southgate and Maguire. Not those players who started giving the ball away too often.

It went had a combination of Des Walker and Maguire the argument may be different but to me the England team need to have someone as good as Maguire in possession. That is the number one way to defend...keep the ball.
Maguire made the sort of mistake before he went off that would have had Pickford roasted by the fans...

Start looking at our younger players Southgate as you should have done alot sooner, Chilwell was just running around aimlessly, and you should have started with subs brought on. L'll swear the Brazilian team was 60% youngsters, come on time to step down, and for me Man Utd are welcome to him.

Interesting points, I would say that Stones can do the ball retention stuff well. It would help if the other CH was comfortable in possession as well, but with Stones I would rather A N Other was reasonably quick and defensively reliable/solid - neither brief relates to Maguire imo.

Last edited: