England v Brazil: Score Predictions & Match Thread | Vital Football

England v Brazil: Score Predictions & Match Thread

I understand it’s a couple of games for Gareth to look at his squad before the summers Euros which England have a good chance of winning, but awful timing in the season, as we approach the business end of it.

England 2 Brazil 1 (who have both Allison & Ederson out injured)

I understand it’s a couple of games for Gareth to look at his squad before the summers Euros which England have a good chance of winning, but awful timing in the season, as we approach the business end of it.

England 2 Brazil 1 (who have both Allison & Ederson out injured)
Seems international football has a similar disregard for club football, as many supporters do for international football. To be fair he already knows his favourites and it's unlikely there will be many surprises in the squad.
I just hope he lets the shackles off the likes of Foden, today and in the Euros. If he doesn't I hope he gets the Old Trafford gig😉

More than anything I hope it doesn't derail the Lincoln Loco. 🚂

Saw the Man City fan from our close walking his dog this morning. First thing I said to him was how many players were going to get injured on international duty. He just rolled his eyes.
Walker lasted 20 minutes, Foden and Stones on red watch.

Playing with the handbrake on again a new keeper and defence for Brazil we should have been bombarding them with shots first half he has hardly had a save to make.

I wouldn’t say we’ve got the handbrake on this time, Watkins has done ok although he’s not in Kane’s class, and others such as Gordon have done well. However it’s the defence that worries me, I really can’t see us keeping a clean sheet against quality opposition in a tournament setting.

Bigging up this Endrick lad from Brazil as If he’s the next big thing, let’s just hope he doesn’t end up like Robinho

Last edited:
Other than a World Cup semi final and penalties in the final of 2020 Euros, we have never got anywhere near winning anything with Maguire in the team.

If only Southgate had some experience of playing as a central defender at international level, he would realise that we should be picking someone else.

Much improved since Maguire went off.

Other than a World Cup semi final and penalties in the final of 2020 Euros, we have never got anywhere near winning anything with Maguire in the team.

If only Southgate had some experience of playing as a central defender at international level, he would realise that we should be picking someone else.

Sarky git 🤣🤣🤣
You could say it’s fine margins, England have quality in some positions but also have some fatal flaws, consistently

I might buy a pizza from him.

Get a couple of decent international players like Bellingham and rice playing and it really shows up the level of the make-weights. Maguire is poor at this level, but dunk showed why maguire gets a start.

Easy on the eye game. Plenty of drive and some nice touches from England with ultimately no end product which was a disappointment. Slick, controlled football from Brazil creating all the clear cut chances and eventually they took one.

Only Stones of the defenders is good enough to play international football against decent opponents.

Of the fringe players: Plusses for Gordon, Mainoo, Bowen. Shocker from Chilwell, Gallagher completely drifted out of the game after an er positive opening five minutes.

Maguire and Rashford :shake: