EFL Trophy | Page 3 | Vital Football

EFL Trophy

One of our brightest prospects for years Phil Foden can't get a game at Man City, I'm sure all those players in the Man City U23's are destined to eventually end up somewhere else rather than play for Man City...still at least they are getting "valuable match experience" at our expense and in a competition they really have no right to participate in.

One of our brightest prospects for years Phil Foden can't get a game at Man City, I'm sure all those players in the Man City U23's are destined to eventually end up somewhere else rather than play for Man City...still at least they are getting "valuable match experience" at our expense and in a competition they really have no right to participate in.

Foden started against Real Madrid and scored 8 goals in 38 appearances this last season?

I’d stick to commenting on 3rd Tier football if I was you?

Foden started against Real Madrid and scored 8 goals in 38 appearances this last season?

I’d stick to commenting on 3rd Tier football if I was you?

Interesting this summer. He's been touted as Silva's replacement, but will they buy big instead after falling short recently? Would be good for English game if the likes of Foden & Greenwood could command places at top sides and get in the England squad.

Interesting this summer. He's been touted as Silva's replacement, but will they buy big instead after falling short recently? Would be good for English game if the likes of Foden & Greenwood could command places at top sides and get in the England squad.
I criticised Pep immensely on Saturday for his formation and starting line up .... Foden should’ve started as should David Silva 😩🙈

Is it not U21 players?
Although are they still allowed to field a couple of oldies too if they choose to?

If these teams have to be in this trophy, it would be fairer and surely serve their purpose better if all their players had to be U21. Also, how about excluding any full internationals too (from them) ?

2-1 up from the away leg, he didn't play in that first leg though did he?
No, but its a squad game at this level, and now that David Silva has sadly left after a decade of absolute brilliance, I expect him to play a major role in the coming years.

No, but its a squad game at this level, and now that David Silva has sadly left after a decade of absolute brilliance, I expect him to play a major role in the coming years.

Nah, they'll pay a fortune for someone like Couthino and leave Foden on the bench...