EFL Trophy | Vital Football

EFL Trophy

clanford

Vital 1st Team Regular
For what it’s worth, got Scunny, Mansfield plus yet to be drawn to build up excitement U23 team in our group.

Wonder what silly sponsorship name it will get

For what it’s worth, got Scunny, Mansfield plus yet to be drawn to build up excitement U23 team in our group.

Wonder what silly sponsorship name it will get

Really makes you wonder what the point is.
A cup with no sponsor, with no crowds permitted, few first team players, adding extra games to a calendar already in major difficulties.

Really makes you wonder what the point is.
A cup with no sponsor, with no crowds permitted, few first team players, adding extra games to a calendar already in major difficulties.

Totally agree. Add to the fact the season is going to be crammed into a shorter period of time it just seems farcical this competition is being run.

That is nail on head, no sponsor - no point.

And every game played, in whichever competition, without any crowds is going to cost clubs money to stage them.
So not only will these games not generate funds they will actually make us all worse off.
Same with the caribou cup. No one can go to those games so why play them at all?

Season should not be starting at our level ij any competition until we are allowed back in to watch the games in numbers that at least cover clubs' running costs.

And every game played, in whichever competition, without any crowds is going to cost clubs money to stage them.
So not only will these games not generate funds they will actually make us all worse off.
Same with the caribou cup. No one can go to those games so why play them at all?

Season should not be starting at our level ij any competition until we are allowed back in to watch the games in numbers that at least cover clubs' running costs.
Is a lot of sponsorship money sufficient reason to play?

By which point more than half of the clubs won't be in existence. It needs to get going as soon as it can and that will be without significant numbers watching in the stands

I suppose it works as a final pre-season game, so that, with the prize money, makes me agree absolutely with Clive.

I'll definitely buy an ifollow pass. Unless it's an U23 game, which I will continue to boycott.

Ah maybe I could do similar (although don't know how to yet) and continue my boycott of the boycott.
Although perhaps I should show solidarity with Notty and boycott the boycotting of the boycott.