EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 33 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

The problem being, no one would pay to watch a nurse, however heroic they are, look after a patient.
Sport on the other hand, we all pay to watch it. Be it going thru the turnstiles or SKY TV subscriptions.
If we didn't put the money in, the players wouldn't get the huge salaries they do.

quite correct , but i would never pay to watch a premier league and the rest would depend on the price at the turn style , And i would never in a million what ever have sky . but each to their own of course

Thinking about relegations there's still the question of the Premier League allowing an expansion for whenever the next season gets going meaning promotions can be allowed but no relegations would occur. That chat seems to have died down a little of late though
The FA blocked the no relegation from the PL talk a few weeks back and said one way or another three will go down, whether that's PPG or by playing on.

And then there's the nursing assistant staff who are on a lot less money, but are just as at risk as the qualified nurses. Something needs to be done in society to reward those who put themselves at the highest risk continually (and how many Army personnel who come out injured after serving several tours of duty are looked after, while the former commanding officers who sat at their mahogany desks away from any sort of front line, receive very handsome pensions year after year?), while not rewarding those who kick around a bag of wind, drive very expensive cars monotonously around a track for two hours, ruin great walks by whacking a little ball every few hundred yards. etc, etc...

Something's not quite right.
Nursing assistants are basically on minimum wage when they start.

Norwich aren't happy about it but they've been crap all season, 75% of the way through the season you're down the bottom for a reason, you're crap not bad luck.

I see that the Championship players are being told they will have to self test. Surely nothing can go wrong there!!!!!!!

Just curious, which way would people want the club to vote? Play on or PPG (assuming they are in fact the only two options available)?

Whatever is decided, it will almost certainly be an almighty EFL fuck-up.

ALREADY IS..
.....decision to be finalised by Christmas and outcome could still be decided by the toss of a coin.(deemed a top reliable decision making methodology in most business environments, always gets a result ,alongside long term planning on the back of fag packets)
By then most footballers will generally be seen collecting trolleys or working the tills at your local supermarket,if still open.

ps plus Bury to be promoted to the Championship

Notlob into Champions league.
Ipswich/Sunderland/ Portsmouth/ Not so Posh, given extra teddy's to throw from prams!

I must be missing something. To me it's really quite simple.

The EFL should tell their members (not ask), that the season finishes here with PPG determining final positions. Applicable to Championship down to league 2. Playoffs decided behind closed doors. Promotion & relegation as normal (with the possible exception of relegation out of league 2 depending upon what they agree with the National league).

After having played 75% of the season nobody can really complain about their current standing in the league

All effort then turns to supporting their members through the crisis in the hope we can look forward to the next season with everyone on board

Just curious, which way would people want the club to vote? Play on or PPG (assuming they are in fact the only two options available)?

PPG.

Move on and try to work out what to do about next season regarding player contracts/ crowds etc. It's a BIG issue and the authorities are sticking their heads in the sand.

Rapidly losing interest in all this stuff and football in general. Wake me up when I can go and sit in my Co op again without looking as if I am going on a mission to the Moon.

UTI.
You could be asleep a long time John 😀 Nice weather for fishing.

There are too many obstacles to L1 continuing when you consider the cost of testing everyone involved in a game ( 140K I believe per team ), the issue of furlough payments stopping if players are in training, and just so many issues with staging each game.
Matches behind closed doors are soulless as well

PPG it and plan for next season whenever that may be