EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus | Page 52 | Vital Football

EFL Statement: Board Update On Coronavirus

Liam was saying today that 12th September is being looked at, and it's also the final weekend the season can kick off with a normal schedule. After that, I'm guessing the EFL Trophy and/or League Cup would have to be sacrificed.

There was also a mention in his interview about MA and senior staff approaching the Board at the beginning of the pandemic and offering to take pay cuts. I'd have to listen to his interview again to make sure that's 100% correct but it sounded like that.

Darren Ferguson was confident that Posh would have got into the top 2 he says
That's as silly as Palios stating unequivocally that Tranmere would have stayed up.

I'm not altogether sure that Peterborough really understand the landscape that lies ahead. Ferguson also claims they will have to sell Toney and that they want a record fee for a third tier player (currently £11 million for Lookman); is any club really going to pay that much for a third division player in the new world?

Last edited:
Not sure how that will work as an incentive to buy a season ticket for next season, if no ones allowed in the ground for a few months.

Given that amount of money he's put in there over the seasons, I'm surprised he's not found £100k to appease supporters. He's wasted far more than that without battering an eyelid!

That £100k shows how few STH's they have, though.

We certainly dodged a bullet there. He backtracked after a gentlemen's agreement with Bob, distracted by the bright lights of Scunthorpe.
So pleased he snubbed us and Clive came to join the party.
Would love to know if Swann regrets that decision.
2 teams heading in different directions (on and off the field) ..... thankfully