EFL League 1 play off dates and times | Page 2 | Vital Football

EFL League 1 play off dates and times

As much as I'd want to try and get tickets for this, I'm not a season ticket holder and I think it should be 100% season ticket holders, including those who got refunds rather than shares, they're the backbone of the club's support.

Clive didn't allude to anything else in his interviews over the last few days.

Away tickets (when there's been an over-demand as has often been the case in recent times) has seen a portion allocated to non season-ticket holders as a general policy of fairness.
I think that will happen again.

Anyway, this is all dependent on us somehow failing to get automatic promotion which I strongly believe will happen, and then if we are in play offs, that fans are allowed.

Away tickets (when there's been an over-demand as has often been the case in recent times) has seen a portion allocated to non season-ticket holders as a general policy of fairness.
I think that will happen again.

Anyway, this is all dependent on us somehow failing to get automatic promotion which I strongly believe will happen, and then if we are in play offs, that fans are allowed.

But we're taking about a (potential) home game, in these cases season ticket holders are given the opportunity to secure their seat before non season ticket holders are offered anything.

It would not be fair to not give every season ticket holder the opportunity to enter a ballot for one of the available tickets. They are the people who put their money into the club up front and that should be rewarded.

I'm a season ticket holder but I very much believe non-ST holders still deserve a chance to go.

Maybe a ballot based (for example) on the proportion of season tickets vs available seats might be the fairest way to go about it?

eg assume 6000 ST holders and ground is 10K capacity. That would mean ST holders usually occupy 60% of seats at full capacity.

So 60% of 2,500 available tickets = ballot for 1500 tickets for ST holders

The remaining 1000 tickets could be allocated via an open ballot inc. ST holders.

I'm a season ticket holder but I very much believe non-ST holders still deserve a chance to go.

Maybe a ballot based (for example) on the proportion of season tickets vs available seats might be the fairest way to go about it?

eg assume 6000 ST holders and ground is 10K capacity. That would mean ST holders usually occupy 60% of seats at full capacity.

The remaining 1000 tickets could be allocated via an open ballot inc. ST holders.

The thing is I completely appreciate that many non-ST holders are massive fans who attend regularly but in the absence of some sort of membership scheme recording attendance it'd be completely unacceptable for a ST holder to lose a seat to a day tripper (as I just explained I'm not saying non-ST holders are day trippers - but how do you ensure tickets are allocated fairly amongst non-ST holders). We really need a membership scheme for non-ST holders and then I'd be fully on board with this idea.

The thing is I completely appreciate that many non-ST holders are massive fans who attend regularly but in the absence of some sort of membership scheme recording attendance it'd be completely unacceptable for a ST holder to lose a seat to a day tripper (as I just explained I'm not saying non-ST holders are day trippers - but how do you ensure tickets are allocated fairly amongst non-ST holders). We really need a membership scheme for non-ST holders and then I'd be fully on board with this idea.
We have a membership scheme - I've been a Myimps member since it was launched.

We have a membership scheme - I've been a Myimps member since it was launched.

I forgot - so that might help a fair allocation then if that's the way the club go. We just have to ensure tickets go to fans, that's all I want to see happen.

I forgot - so that might help a fair allocation then if that's the way the club go. We just have to ensure tickets go to fans, that's all I want to see happen.

I agree - I definitely want to see tickets go to fans only, whether ST holders or not.

And I'm pretty sure there was another season where Darlington won 7-0 and we needed something on the final day as well.

I don't know if its '93 season you are thinking of? Where in the last game of the season the Imps needed to beat Darlo by 7 clear goals to snatch the last PO place. It was one of the seasons where the league was a club down and the team occupying the last PO place had completed thier fixtures. If memory serves the Imps got off to good enough start, but faded towards the end of 1st half when it was clear 7 goals was not on the cards that day.

I think this is fair. Although I would maybe skew the allocation more in favour of ST as I think the 'home' crowd was averaging around 8k?, so maybe STs make up around 75% of that. So proportionally would mean a 1875/625 split.

Agree with skips point about the membership scheme though. I suppose the 5 game bundles for next season is part of addressing this for the future?

I think the club will have to factor in the relative quick turn round from the Wimbledon game. It is possible that if we finish 5th/6th the home leg will be 8 days after this. If fans are allowed in at a reduced capacity, the logistics of getting that sorted in such a short time span will be difficult and ultimately the quickest and easiest way will be via e-mail to season ticket holders requiring a positive response within a very short time span to go into a ballot. I really don't see how the club could do it any other way in such a short time span.

Even if we host the return leg, it's only a handful of days thereafter so again time will work against the club.

Not being a season ticket holder (Myimps only), this won't work in my favour but realistically it has to be as least complicated as possible in a tight time span

I don't know if its '93 season you are thinking of? Where in the last game of the season the Imps needed to beat Darlo by 7 clear goals to snatch the last PO place. It was one of the seasons where the league was a club down and the team occupying the last PO place had completed thier fixtures. If memory serves the Imps got off to good enough start, but faded towards the end of 1st half when it was clear 7 goals was not on the cards that day.
No, was a recent-ish one around the mid-00's where Darlington needed a massive swing of GD and beat someone by a really high score. I've got Stockport or Northampton in my head for some reason.

I have a season ticket but think it is only fair that some non season tickets holders get a chance to see us play.
Just because you don't have a season ticket doesn't mean you are any less of a fan. I would say some non season ticket holders live and breathe the Imps but don't have a ticket due to location / finances / family circumstances.
Conversely, there will be some season ticket holders who have one and only have it to hedge their bets for the big games in the cup or promotion party matches and don't look at their phone 30 times a day to check on imps news or work out possible permutations and combinations of results that result in a promotion / play off / avoiding relegation.

Either way. Automatic is still a slim possibility and I for one hope we beat the odds.

Conversely, there will be some season ticket holders who have one and only have it to hedge their bets for the big games in the cup or promotion party matches and don't look at their phone 30 times a day to check on imps news or work out possible permutations and combinations of results that result in a promotion / play off / avoiding relegation.

Who are these appalling people?

Who are these appalling people?
They are the kind of person who support Lincoln as well as one of those 'bigger' clubs. Might miss a match when they could go to stay at home to watch the champions league.
I don't understand their kind.

They are the kind of person who support Lincoln as well as one of those 'bigger' clubs. Might miss a match when they could go to stay at home to watch the champions league.
I don't understand their kind.

They sound weird. And dangerous. I'm going to avoid them.

I think the club (pre pandemic) did a very good job of trying to give priority for tickets in as fair as way as possible, given no system will please everyone. The myimps membership recognised that season tickets don't work for everyone and shouldn't be mistaken for a badge of loyalty particular as clearly alot of St holders are very new to the Imps. My only criticism of the myimps scheme is that the club took on new memberships after we drew Everton in the cup hence undermining one its main aims. I would hope the same system for tickets will be used again but hope the club have the ability to prioritise those season tickets holders who were buying tickets pre Cowley's, then a lottery for the remaining St holders, then the very small amount left for myimps members.

They sound weird. And dangerous. I'm going to avoid them.
They are. I think they should be forced to wear some kind of scolds bridle to prevent them from conversing with susceptible people and to give a warning to others that they are to be avoided.