EFL League 1 play off dates and times | Vital Football

EFL League 1 play off dates and times

Croozey

Vital 1st Team Regular
I hope you don't think I'm counting any chickens here, but thought it would be useful information as to the dates and times for the play off semi finals and final. In case you are making any plans in May.
League One

Semi-finals

Tuesday, May 18 - League One A 1st leg (6pm)
Wednesday, May 19 - League One B 1st leg (6pm)
Friday, May 21 - League One A 2nd leg (7.45pm)
Saturday, May 22 - League One B 2nd leg (7.45pm)
Final
Sunday, May 30 (3pm)

Sky Sports hold exclusive rights to EFL coverage, including the play-off games.
Matches will be shown live on channels such as Sky Sports Football and Sky Sports Main Event.
Some matches may be shown on the Sky Sports Red Button if they overlap with others.
To stream EFL play-off matches live, head to your Sky Go account.
Non-Sky Sports subscribers can still watch all the action with a Now TV Day Pass from £9.99.

How many fans will be allowed to attend the EFL play-offs?

The EFL has announced that the play-offs will be held from Monday, May 17 - the date on which the government will allow fans to return to stadiums according to the current roadmap.

That means that ALL play-off matches will have fans attending as things stand.

The roadmap states: "The government will also allow some larger performances and sporting events in indoor venues with a capacity of 1,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number), and in outdoor venues with a capacity of 4,000 people or half-full (whichever is a lower number).

"In the largest outdoor seated venues, where crowds can be spread out, up to 10,000 people will be able to attend (or a quarter-full, whichever is lower)."

This can be taken to mean that the play-off finals at Wembley will be played in front of 10,000 fans unless otherwise specified.

Also said they've moved from their initial PO dates to ensure both games can have fans in (assuming everything goes to plan).

Im not even thinking about them until they are secured. A bad result tonight and others doing well and we're looking at 1 point in it with 3 very tough games to go. If we win tonight I'll be far more confident!

Im not even thinking about them until they are secured. A bad result tonight and others doing well and we're looking at 1 point in it with 3 very tough games to go. If we win tonight I'll be far more confident!
I'm with you on that. A defeat tonight would make me worried.

Agreed - worth a look but lets not too far ahead of ourselves, counting chickens and all of that.

I'm struggling to remember if we've ever confirmed our Play off place before the last game of the season before

2018/19.........needed and got a point thanks to Tom Pett and I'm sure we all remember that Yeo howitzer against Torquay in 03.....

Had we cemented the spot in 04/05/06/07 before the last match?

If we don't finish 2nd, and are in play offs instead (not even contemplating 7th!), then who might go to home leg play off?
If it is 2500 of us, guess club could ask all season ticket holders who wants to go. And maybe allocate up to 2000 by ballot if needed.
Then 500 or more to non season ticket holders? (It definitely should not be all season ticket holders as that penalises those who are unable to afford one).

Anyway, as much as I'd love to go, for personal safety I won't be going until fully vaccinated which is unlikely to be happening until well into July or later.
But good luck to all who are safe to go and able to.

I really really hope international fans are considered. I’m a bit nervous now, but let’s do the business on the pitch first.

If we don't finish 2nd, and are in play offs instead (not even contemplating 7th!), then who might go to home leg play off?
If it is 2500 of us, guess club could ask all season ticket holders who wants to go. And maybe allocate up to 2000 by ballot if needed.
Then 500 or more to non season ticket holders? (It definitely should not be all season ticket holders as that penalises those who are unable to afford one).

Anyway, as much as I'd love to go, for personal safety I won't be going until fully vaccinated which is unlikely to be happening until well into July or later.

should let school kids go in as class trip type activity free of charge- they will be safest and will probably generate fans for years to come.

It should be for season ticket holders as priority for these sort of games is one of the stated benefits of buying one.

As much as I'd want to try and get tickets for this, I'm not a season ticket holder and I think it should be 100% season ticket holders, including those who got refunds rather than shares, they're the backbone of the club's support.

Clive didn't allude to anything else in his interviews over the last few days.

I'm struggling to remember if we've ever confirmed our Play off place before the last game of the season before

2018/19.........needed and got a point thanks to Tom Pett and I'm sure we all remember that Yeo howitzer against Torquay in 03.....

Had we cemented the spot in 04/05/06/07 before the last match?
We didn't in 2006/07 until the final game (1-1 at home to Chester, after a 0-0 at Grimsby?).

There was one season we lost to Yeovil on the final day but the goal swing in that game needed to be way more than was ever going to happen.

And I'm pretty sure there was another season where Darlington won 7-0 and we needed something on the final day as well.

It was very encouraging news from Spain yesterday mentioned on the radio, they held a trial indoor event (concert I think) with 5000 people who were made to wear masks, but no other restrictions, ie allowed to hug, dance etc. The results were that there were no concerning increase in new covid cases as a result. Bodes well.
(To update this, all 5000 tested before the concert, and then retested 15 days later with only 6 new cases found.)

Another way of looking at is is to allow those who are likely to sing for the whole game to attend - 617 - to create the best atmosphere for the players. I would be willing to forego a ticket for that.

Does anyone know if Game A is 3rd vs 6th, and Game B 4th vs 5th?

Might help my planning as to whether we will be playing Tuesay 18th (Game A) or Wednesday 19th (Game B) - assuming I can predict the last few games!

Another way of looking at is is to allow those who are likely to sing for the whole game to attend - 617 - to create the best atmosphere for the players. I would be willing to forego a ticket for that.

Given the payment situation, you may have to!