Efl games off till April 4th | Page 2 | Vital Football

Efl games off till April 4th

I guess if all players were asked to self isolate, in theory it may be possible to play out the season behind closed doors from April. This wouldn’t be ideal but probably better than abandoning the season and would allow iFollow to provide revenues.

Think it is a total over reaction to be honest as we are been told that the peak for this virus is not going to be until May / June and if this is the case the season will not be finished, Cheltenham has gone ahead with no issues.

Players are testing positive. Many will have the disease without realising it as they would have a mild form of it and think it to be a heavy cold. As the symptons don't come out for a number of days you are making a very early call on Cheltenham having had no issues. This was the only decision that could be made

Apparently the Wales v Scotland rugby match is still going ahead tomorrow. But Cardiff is the last place I'd want to be when that's going on at the best of times.

They think about 0.5 to 1% of the GB population will die. That’s a lot of dead.
Come April, may, June the death rate is going to get really bad.
We all will get this virus as well.
My bet is football will not start till post Xmas.

Will be a challenge for the clubs to keep players fit etc. Wonder if they’ll have a mini pre-season

Yep, here's the inestimable Dr John Campbell explaining exactly what the government said yesterday in clear concise language. Incidentally, I'm fully behind keeping the schools open for now, based on the evidence, allowing Cheltenham and other public events to go ahead was (in his words) "incredible".

Hmm...It likely has a mortality rate of less than 1%.. im not saying it isnt a serious threat but your estimate seems worst case scenario and then some.

I think we should be okay financially but teams like Southend and Macclesfield have got to be worried. I wonder if some clubs have insurance policies to cover such eventualities??

They're both fairly stuffed without this.
Zero income for several weeks could undoubtedly finish them off along with other clubs.
This could be like the wartime when we don't see a bunch of clubs returning after it all ends.

As for completing the season (if that's the intention), we may be playing on into June/July/August...who knows.

And in such a scenario with the following season commencing late, they may dispense with some of the lesser cups and play catch up league games instead...

Yep, here's the inestimable Dr John Campbell explaining exactly what the government said yesterday in clear concise language. Incidentally, I'm fully behind keeping the schools open for now, based on the evidence, allowing Cheltenham and other public events to go ahead was (in his words) "incredible".
excellent video

It is not as clear as that as some of those unfortunate souls would have died anyway. They always seem to quote they had underlying health conditions

It is not as clear as that as some of those unfortunate souls would have died anyway. They always seem to quote they had underlying health conditions

Because those people are most at risk from this virus, their CFR is considerably higher than 1%

Hmm...It likely has a mortality rate of less than 1%.. im not saying it isnt a serious threat but your estimate seems worst case scenario and then some.
China have had about 80,000 cases confirmed and about 3,000 deaths. That’s a lot but China has a population of 1.36 billion. That is about 0.0001% and that is in the place where the outbreak was at its worst. That’s a long way from 1%

1% is the official government anticipated mortality rate. Italy's is currently much worse